Little Trick for Xbox PC Game Pass Players for OuterWorlds

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Little Trick for Xbox PC Game Pass Players for OuterWorlds

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

TheBalt – Thanks so much for reporting this. Can’t wait to try it out!

TheBalt
    Participant

TheBalt – Thanks so much for reporting this. Can’t wait to try it out!

No worries, im happy if i can help get Obsidian games running for folks – but i did need to add an addendum to my ‘fix’.

And to everyone else who is experiencing gamepass issues, i have been dealing with this troubleshooting situation on Reddit as well with other people and there is one, potentially vital thing i need to add:

I had preloaded the game through Xbox Console Companion – days before release. Release day had a patch, when i started experiencing crashes, my default move after seeing it crash multiple times was do just do an uninstall/full reinstall in case Day 1 patch had botched up any preload files… upon talking to people on Reddit further trying to do the fix with the ‘services’ tab… i am getting more responses that doing full uninstall/reinstall is doing the trick THEN doing the services thing.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

and to Ralf – Thanks for the heads up on the headtracking thing w gamepad – even with my years of vorpx with dk2 to cv1 im still ignorant to your work :( lol thank you!

D-Rey86
    Participant

So I’m trying to get this to work. Everything seems to be working but the head tracking. Head tracking is barely working for me with the game pad. I did the X-Box Gamepad Override option on full which made it work a little bit. The head tracking will work for a little bit and than stop. It will work for a little bit again, and stop again. And when it does work, the screen moves with it a little bit as well. It works consistently when using the motion controllers. But the screen still moves with it a little but when I turn my head. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas? I just renamed the file to IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe, copied the Conarium vorpx profile, and then changed the gamepad override to full. I’m fairly new to this, so maybe I’m doing something wrong. Might wait for the official profile.

I’m using a Samsung Odyssey+ headset and my computer specs are below.

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080ti
    CPU: i7-8700K
    32 GB of memory

TheBalt
    Participant

So I’m trying to get this to work. Everything seems to be working but the head tracking. Head tracking is barely working for me with the game pad. I did the X-Box Gamepad Override option on full which made it work a little bit. The head tracking will work for a little bit and than stop. It will work for a little bit again, and stop again. And when it does work, the screen moves with it a little bit as well. It works consistently when using the motion controllers. But the screen still moves with it a little but when I turn my head. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas? I just renamed the file to IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe, copied the Conarium vorpx profile, and then changed the gamepad override to full. I’m fairly new to this, so maybe I’m doing something wrong. Might wait for the official profile.

32 GB of memory

Okay, i think i have a ‘fix’ for your situation, but it might require you to do some ‘small work’ in steam controller configuration.

Launch steam – go to Library – at the bottom select’add nonsteam game’ and find the Xbox Console Companion app on your computer, select it and add it to steam. From there, if youre using and Xbox controller, PS4 controller or Steam controller – right click “Steam Controller Configuration” – or if you have the new update for steam, you will right click in THEN select ‘manage’ then select “Controller Configuration” on the Xbox Console Companion app, now listed in your steam library.

You MUST have a controller, ps4, xbox or steam controller plugged in for these options to even appear.

Once you are in the edit controller configuration, you are almost done – choose “browse configs” at the bottom of the controller configuration screen and go to “Templates” – click on Keyboard (WASD) and Mouse – and then select ‘apply configuration’.

Now, launch the Xbox console companion through Steam and it should now recognize, in Xbox console companion and games on the service – should – be interpreting your ‘controller’ as a keyboard/mouse. This will give you free look 24/7 in game, but you may have to change some bindings in game to make sure they are the same buttons as your steam controller configuration.. that will take you a few minutes, i dont have a profile made for that yet or id just give it to you, but if you follow this method, it should alleviate your problem

D-Rey86
    Participant

32 GB of memory

Okay, i think i have a ‘fix’ for your situation, but it might require you to do some ‘small work’ in steam controller configuration.

Launch steam – go to Library – at the bottom select’add nonsteam game’ and find the Xbox Console Companion app on your computer, select it and add it to steam. From there, if youre using and Xbox controller, PS4 controller or Steam controller – right click “Steam Controller Configuration” – or if you have the new update for steam, you will right click in THEN select ‘manage’ then select “Controller Configuration” on the Xbox Console Companion app, now listed in your steam library.

You MUST have a controller, ps4, xbox or steam controller plugged in for these options to even appear.

Once you are in the edit controller configuration, you are almost done – choose “browse configs” at the bottom of the controller configuration screen and go to “Templates” – click on Keyboard (WASD) and Mouse – and then select ‘apply configuration’.

Now, launch the Xbox console companion through Steam and it should now recognize, in Xbox console companion and games on the service – should – be interpreting your ‘controller’ as a keyboard/mouse. This will give you free look 24/7 in game, but you may have to change some bindings in game to make sure they are the same buttons as your steam controller configuration.. that will take you a few minutes, i dont have a profile made for that yet or id just give it to you, but if you follow this method, it should alleviate your problem

Unfortunately Xbox Console Companion doesn’t show up for me when I go to add non-Steam games. But in some digging, I noticed The Outer Worlds exe file is located in G:\WindowsApps\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_1.0.369.0_x64__hv3d7yfbgr2rp\TheOuterWorlds.exe for me. The default location if you don’t change your Xbox install location is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. You have to change the permissions to access the location. Not sure if that helps anyone with Vorpx or not lol.

TheBalt
    Participant

32 GB of memory

Unfortunately Xbox Console Companion doesn’t show up for me when I go to add non-Steam games. But in some digging, I noticed The Outer Worlds exe file is located in G:\WindowsApps\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_1.0.369.0_x64__hv3d7yfbgr2rp\TheOuterWorlds.exe for me. The default location if you don’t change your Xbox install location is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. You have to change the permissions to access the location. Not sure if that helps anyone with Vorpx or not lol.

install GLoSc – its safe, look it up

when you have glosc open create new > name : Xbox

check in ‘launch game.’

path: Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxApp

save. add all to steam.

try that, my keyboard is busted srry for short instructions

see if works by launching new app in library, xbox

dborosev
    Participant

Everything works according to Oliiiiive’s post above. Works great in G3D or Z3D.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There will be a preliminary official profile soon with scalable HUD, DirectVR head tracking etc.

The next vorpX update will add automated FOV and settings optimization on top, so this will become a fairly good FullVR title without the need for much (any) tinkering once the next vorpX is out.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Good news Ralf.

I’ve tried the same trick with another game in the gamepass, descenders and it works too.
    I’ve just created a txt file with the name Descenders.exe , applied the profile from the cloud and it works.
    With this trick the gamepass became suddenly even more interesting.

Ralf
    Keymaster

TBH I don’t really know why you need to create these text files. For me the game hooks without doing that (also using the game pass version).

Would be great to get a few more opinions regarding this. If anyone else is currently tinkering with game pass games, please let me know whether you have to create a file with the .exe name or not. Thanks!

My findings so far are that traditional Win32 games seem to work fine (not counting potential DirectVR issues due to Windows Store specific config paths that vorpX is not aware of (yet)).

TheBalt
    Participant

TBH I don’t really know why you need to create these text files. For me the game hooks without doing that (also using the game pass version).

Would be great to get a few more opinions regarding this. If anyone else is currently tinkering with game pass games, please let me know whether you have to create a file with the .exe name or not. Thanks!

My findings so far are that traditional Win32 games seem to work fine (not counting potential DirectVR issues due to Windows Store specific config paths that vorpX is not aware of (yet)).

its an admin thing that i cant find a workaround for even tho im on my full privileges account [as far as i can tell], just doesnt let you do anything in windowspapps folder where this stuff is – im stumped on it, dunno, i would give you more to work with that, Ralf – but i got no clue why either

edit;n this might be important for us to fix tho cause your gamepass directvr may get denied if this work that way

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX doesn’t have to access any files in the game folder, so it doesn’t really matter whether it has access to the folder. Once launched the game runs with the normal desktop user’s access rights here, so there is no issue hooking it. Just running vorpX normally (without admin rights) works fine. I’ll check on another machine and see what happens there.

The config path issue with Windows Store/game pass versions that affects DirectVR settings automation is unrelated. That one will require adjustments to every affected profile individually.

TheBalt
    Participant

vorpX doesn’t have to access any files in the game folder, so it doesn’t really matter whether it has access to the folder. Once launched the game runs with the normal desktop user’s access rights here, so there is no issue hooking it. Just running vorpX normally (without admin rights) works fine. I’ll check on another machine and see what happens there.

The config path issue with Windows Store/game pass versions that affects DirectVR settings automation is unrelated. That one will require adjustments to every affected profile individually.

great to hear! always impressing me you badass

lol srry keyboard broken so short response, but thanks again sir. you handle all this so well and i know this is difficult work with so many scenarios AND help us individually… just thanks for your work, time and dedication youve shown us

jjensson
    Participant

Hear, hear!

hemingwaysghost
    Participant

Anything adjuster in your graphics card settings? I know In Bioshock for example it runs better without antialiasing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!