Little Trick for Xbox PC Game Pass Players for OuterWorlds

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Little Trick for Xbox PC Game Pass Players for OuterWorlds

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

There will be a preliminary official profile soon with scalable HUD, DirectVR head tracking etc.

The next vorpX update will add automated FOV and settings optimization on top, so this will become a fairly good FullVR title without the need for much (any) tinkering once the next vorpX is out.

hey ralf -sorry to bug you , but any idea on timeline for that preliminary profile ? no rush! haha, just curious

thanks for your time

TheBalt
    Participant

So I’m trying to get this to work. Everything seems to be working but the head tracking. Head tracking is barely working for me with the game pad. I did the X-Box Gamepad Override option on full which made it work a little bit. The head tracking will work for a little bit and than stop. It will work for a little bit again, and stop again. And when it does work, the screen moves with it a little bit as well. It works consistently when using the motion controllers. But the screen still moves with it a little but when I turn my head. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas? I just renamed the file to IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe, copied the Conarium vorpx profile, and then changed the gamepad override to full. I’m fairly new to this, so maybe I’m doing something wrong. Might wait for the official profile.

I’m using a Samsung Odyssey+ headset and my computer specs are below.

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080ti
    CPU: i7-8700K
    32 GB of memory

sorry drey i thought i knew your problem and i didnt and ran into it too and think i got an easy solution, apologies on the delay, i thought i knew what issue you had and i was ignorant. hope this works

Wanted to add a note for people playing with controller and running into headtracking issues – i messed with it for a bit and had trouble as well, i couldnt find a way to make it work, ignorance of vorpx settings im sure but got a workaround or anyone with the issue.

launch steam big picture – go to controller configs – set your desktop controller config to wasd mouse presetting or whatever the label it has, exit big picture with that as your confirmed control format for ‘desktop’ use

exit big picture but keep steam active

your ps4 or xbox controller should move around in windows now, if it worked, sticks will move mouse.

we want xbox console companion to only ‘see’ a mouse and keyboard, your now ‘mouse and keyboard controller’. do not launch xbox console companion thru steam, launch it normally as its own program

your console companion should now think youre just on a mouse keyboard, games headtracking should work fine now, but youll be getting keyboard shortcuts for tooltips and such, may have to configure a few buttons but your headtracking issue should be eliminated

now if youre on a dualshock4, you can also set the trackpad button in middle for a ‘touch’ and ‘push’ setting, you can assign touch to P for your image ‘zoom out’ and ‘push’ to del for your vorpx settings change options.

hope that helps – real profile will be here soon so thisll be irrelevant, but anyone who wanted to play now, this should work for those controller headtracking issues

D-Rey86
    Participant

So I’m trying to get this to work. Everything seems to be working but the head tracking. Head tracking is barely working for me with the game pad. I did the X-Box Gamepad Override option on full which made it work a little bit. The head tracking will work for a little bit and than stop. It will work for a little bit again, and stop again. And when it does work, the screen moves with it a little bit as well. It works consistently when using the motion controllers. But the screen still moves with it a little but when I turn my head. Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas? I just renamed the file to IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe, copied the Conarium vorpx profile, and then changed the gamepad override to full. I’m fairly new to this, so maybe I’m doing something wrong. Might wait for the official profile.

32 GB of memory

sorry drey i thought i knew your problem and i didnt and ran into it too and think i got an easy solution, apologies on the delay, i thought i knew what issue you had and i was ignorant. hope this works

Wanted to add a note for people playing with controller and running into headtracking issues – i messed with it for a bit and had trouble as well, i couldnt find a way to make it work, ignorance of vorpx settings im sure but got a workaround or anyone with the issue.

launch steam big picture – go to controller configs – set your desktop controller config to wasd mouse presetting or whatever the label it has, exit big picture with that as your confirmed control format for ‘desktop’ use

your ps4 or xbox controller should move around in windows now, if it worked, sticks will move mouse.

we want xbox console companion to only ‘see’ a mouse and keyboard, your now ‘mouse and keyboard controller’. do not launch xbox console companion thru steam, launch it normally as its own program

your console companion should now think youre just on a mouse keyboard, games headtracking should work fine now, but youll be getting keyboard shortcuts for tooltips and such, may have to configure a few buttons but your headtracking issue should be eliminated

now if youre on a dualshock4, you can also set the trackpad button in middle for a ‘touch’ and ‘push’ setting, you can assign touch to P for your image ‘zoom out’ and ‘push’ to del for your vorpx settings change options.

hope that helps – real profile will be here soon so thisll be irrelevant, but anyone who wanted to play now, this should work for those controller headtracking issues

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. It still works for a little bit (with the screen moving a little bit with it), then stops. Works for a bit then stops. I might just wait for an official profile to see if it helps. Wish it was available in Steam now so I could see if that worked better

TheBalt
    Participant

32 GB of memory

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. It still works for a little bit (with the screen moving a little bit with it), then stops. Works for a bit then stops. I might just wait for an official profile to see if it helps. Wish it was available in Steam now so I could see if that worked better

okay my last resort here – i messed with vorpx in menu settings and stuff for my controller, i dont know if i hit the right things and got it working, but this did work for me. im going to upload my outerworlds profile, youll find it in vorpx cloud saves, my name there is TheBaltar ; testingowdrey is the name, try using that if you wanna give it one last try

D-Rey86
    Participant

32 GB of memory

okay my last resort here – i messed with vorpx in menu settings and stuff for my controller, i dont know if i hit the right things and got it working, but this did work for me. im going to upload my outerworlds profile, youll find it in vorpx cloud saves, my name there is TheBaltar ; testingowdrey is the name, try using that if you wanna give it one last try

Still no dice for me unfortunately. Have the same issue of the head tracking initially working, than stopping after a couple seconds. Starting again, and than stopping. It always stops if I try to turn with my right thumbstick. It always works if I’m moving around my left thumbstick. But than stops when I stop moving my left thumbstick. It worked randomly in between that. I really appreciate the help though. I think my issue is something outside of what Vorpx settings can fix.

It does work with my motion controllers, but they just don’t have enough buttons. I have WMR which has touchpad and thumb sticks. Wish I could use the touchpad clicks as individual buttons lol.

TheBalt
    Participant

damn dude im sorry.. im actually about to dive in with touch controllers and just use remapping em to like em up with the games controllers cause it was working – but the game wasnt saving the changes so had to do it each time. uhg. sorry i wasnt able to help

TheBalt
    Participant

32 GB of memory

Still no dice for me unfortunately. Have the same issue of the head tracking initially working, than stopping after a couple seconds. Starting again, and than stopping. It always stops if I try to turn with my right thumbstick. It always works if I’m moving around my left thumbstick. But than stops when I stop moving my left thumbstick. It worked randomly in between that. I really appreciate the help though. I think my issue is something outside of what Vorpx settings can fix.

It does work with my motion controllers, but they just don’t have enough buttons. I have WMR which has touchpad and thumb sticks. Wish I could use the touchpad clicks as individual buttons lol.

i got it working on oculus touch controllers, you just gotta spend time in game controller and vorpx in game menu, but with the grips acting as shortcuts, you can assign even more actions than with a controller. it takes like 10 minutes to get it set up, but it works. just launch xbox app normally, vorpx normally, have your oculus controllers in hand, go to keyboard settings and just map the buttons out – the look problem will be 100% gone and up and running.. but you gotta put the time in to set the controls, takes like 10-15 min depending on how quick you are

shoot/look around etc are already mapped properly, just use the regular buttons on reload/jump/crouch/etc, then the trigger change buttons to things like companion commands and youre up and running, no headtracking issues and honestly even more abilities than controller anyways

pieterlouis
    Participant

Same here. Have to create .txt file and edit the name for me to link the ‘.exe’ to the custom Vorpx profile. When I choose the real .exe (under the game install directory) with VORPX (to associate with the profile) I get the following error: “You don’t have permission to access this file…”

PrimeTinus
    Participant

Hey this actually worked, who knew! I changed the shadow settings to low and game effects to medium as my cut scenes were messed up with strange lighting. But and now I’m playing G3D on big screen, it’s awesome, thanks!

mrbrock
    Participant

I’ve been trying to see if this would work with another UWP store app game as well ‘Sea of Thieves’ but I haven’t been able to get any profiles to hook into the game properly yet. They all seem to fail with no info, game doesn’t crash or anything.

Grocs
    Participant

Thanks for all the info on this. Will have to try it out tonight :)

Grocs
    Participant

This worked a treat for Outer Worlds – really appreciate the tip.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that there should no need to any of this. Since two versions ago there is an official profile that should work without any workarounds.

TheBalt
    Participant

Just a heads-up that there should no need to any of this. Since two versions ago there is an official profile that should work without any workarounds.

Hey Ralf, quick Q for you about the outer worlds profile and i saw atleast one other user with the same issue – Headtracking just randomly dies. Well, not randomly – it tends to work if you walk a few steps, stop, look around, etc.. but if you touch the right control stick it “kills” the headtracking and makes you use only the stick for looking around… then if you walk forward a bit and dont touch right stick, it will reenable headtracking.

i would blame this on my own lack of understanding of vorpx or doing something wrong, but another user reported the same problem. didnt know if it was something you could look at that might be getting wires crossed there for some players.

thanks so much for all your work and i am currently enjoying you jedi fallen order profile, thanks so much for it! Its a blast!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. An oversight on my end. The game dislikes gamepad and mouse input at the same time. Before running the DirectVR scan vorpX emulates a mouse for head tracking.

Please either

Run the DirectVR scan. After a successful scan vorpX doesn’t have to emulate a mouse anymore. Problem gone.

or

Set ‘X-Box Gamepad Override’ to ‘Full’ on the input page of the vorpX menu to enable vorpX’s internal gamepad mapper.

I’ll make sure that this is handled automatically for the next update, i.e. gamepad override automatically on without DirectVR head tracking and off with DirectVR head tracking.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!