Possible to increase 3D strength beyond 5.0?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Possible to increase 3D strength beyond 5.0?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    HAX0R3D
    Participant

More options are always appreciated but this isn’t a problem of the screen being too big.

I just confirmed Lost Planet, geometry 3D on and OFF look identical. The only difference is with it on the crosshairs and HUD is popping out of the screen. So basically the game itself is flat.

I’ve got the 3D strength cranked all the way up and i’m still looking Focal Offset option which isn’t in the most obvious place, but still looking…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Lost Planet is not even a supported game, probably it’s just the profile that doesn’t work right. I can’t really comment on that. Never tried it.

‘Focal Offset’ requires expert options to be enabled in the config app.

Extreme caution: This is yet another option that has no place in VR and thus can’t be found in any native VR app at all. You can easily make you eyes diverge with it, causing severe eye strain and discomfort.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Ok that’s it then. 3D strength in Vorpx is fine I cranked it up in Trine 2 and it’s more than enough.

Focal Offset didn’t fix the problem with the game so I guess it’s just a problem with the profile.

Only reason I thought this was a more general issue is because i’ve seen it in other games too. Might just be bad profiles.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great, guess that’s settled then.

I’ll still add the scale option in the faint hope that with that any monitor stereo 3D enthusiast still left will finally be taken care of with their needs and wishes.

Next time someone wants more options in that regard however, instead I’ll remove all that I consider unnecessary. :)

HAX0R3D
    Participant

I should’ve know that Toyification mode works fine because I’ve seen it in other games. Sleeping Dogs in Vorpx, for example looks glorious. :)

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Great, guess that’s settled then.

I’ll still add the scale option in the faint hope that with that any monitor stereo 3D enthusiast still left will finally be taken care of with their needs and wishes.

Next time someone wants more options in that regard however, instead I’ll remove all that I consider unnecessary. :)

yeah I’m definitely not a small screen enthusiast. However…triple screen. That might be interesting. Not asking for any new features of course!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Personally I actually disliked the minification induced by S3D on a monitor so much that I never used the 3D glasses I bought 20 years ago. Funny for maybe 10 minutes, but the total opposite of being immersive. If you happen to wonder why S3D gaming (and TVs) are dead, that’s one of the reasons. Once the novelty was gone not too many people wanted their favorite gaming (and movie) heroes look like garden gnomes in a shoe box.

But jede Jeck es anders (everyone’s taste is different), of course. So hopefully we’ll finally have 99% of the remaining monitor S3D enthusiast’s ‘toyification’ needs covered after adding the screen scale option. From now on I’d very much like to focus on VR again instead of adding option after option for recreating every single major flaw of monitor S3D.

RJK_
    Participant

Best thing is to report to the profile author before starting unnessecary discussions.

The Lost Planet profile (MT Framwork) is currently broken.

I was nt able to fix the problem, possibly other Mt Framework games are affected as well.
    http://rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines/index.php?selengine=MT%20Framework

RJK_
    Participant

UPDATE: fixed profile on the cloud

Tweaking the Unity Engine a little i was able to fix the game. Please do never say again Tridef looks better then VorpX ;-)

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Personally I actually disliked the minification induced by S3D on a monitor so much that I never used the 3D glasses I bought 20 years ago. Funny for maybe 10 minutes, but the total opposite of being immersive. If you happen to wonder why S3D gaming (and TVs) are dead, that’s one of the reasons. Once the novelty was gone not too many people wanted their favorite gaming (and movie) heroes look like garden gnomes in a shoe box.

But jede Jeck es anders (everyone’s taste is different), of course. So hopefully we’ll finally have 99% of the remaining monitor S3D enthusiast’s ‘toyification’ needs covered after adding the screen scale option. From now on I’d very much like to focus on VR again instead of adding option after option for recreating every single major flaw of monitor S3D.

Keep in mind. This could be a you thing. Pretty much everyone I know who uses Vorpx is strictly using it for the cinema mode and raves about the diorama effect. Pretty universal. Actually this is my first time hearing of anyone who doesnt like it.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

UPDATE: fixed profile on the cloud

Tweaking the Unity Engine a little i was able to fix the game. Please do never say again Tridef looks better then VorpX ;-)

Thanks will try. Actually it took some back and forth to realize that it was the profile. My first instinct was that’s just how it looks for full VR mode. Second instinct is how do I make the 3D stronger..

Ralf
    Keymaster

I guess we shouldn‘t discuss this matter further. What happened to monitor S3D gaming and 3D-TVs in the world outside of the enthusiast bubble pretty much speaks for itself. Glad you can do what you want though. Now I can continue to focus on the purpose of vorpX, which decisively is a lot more than, and usually the opposite of, making everything look as tiny as possible.

If you want to continue the discussion I’d recommend one of the other several thousand VR developers out there who, in contrast to me, actually really don’t give a damn about your preference for ‘toyification’.

steph12
    Participant

guys, give Ralf a break ! we dont need stronger 3D stereoscopic ! 5.0 is already huge enough, i never use 5.0, it makes things way too small & unrealistic. going beyond that value makes no sense at all.

RJK_
    Participant

This is an old thread from 2018, have you noticed ?

dborosev
    Participant

I have no horse in this dollhouse race (throws hands in the air) so I ain’t getting involved. But I will say that for FPS games which I can’t get good framerates on using G3D, and I need to use Z3D, having the ability to crank up the 3D depth to 3 (as currently exists) is VERY nice, and makes it almost as good as G3D. (no dollhouse or any of that topic, just quality of the 3D effect I’m talking about.)
    It really brings the quality closer to G3D, and I rarely miss G3D because of this.
    Anywho, my 2 unwanted cents. Peace out.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!