rFactor 2 and DK2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion rFactor 2 and DK2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    VorpXer
    Participant

When I try to start rFactor 2 with VorpX active it gives me this error message:

“The procedure entry point D3DPERF_SetRegion could not be located in the dynamic link library”

I would love to be able to use rFactor 2 with VorpX in geometry mode 3d.

Currently people with the DK2 are running it using a headtracking plugin made by vittorio and using Tridef to provide the image to the rift, but Tridef has not been updated for the DK2 – the distortion is slightly wrong and chromatic aberration is present.

alpha-bravo
    Participant

Hi Ralf !

I’m also a sim racer. In our rFactor and rFactor2 Forum (ISI) are many DK1 and DK2 owners and it seems that a tridef DK2 version is not in sight.
    Also a native support from the game engine is ATM far away due other dev priorities.
    A full functional demo is here available:
    http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/demo-installer/

As in the post above mentioned one guy of the community vittorio has a DK2 ready head tracking plugin. Here ist the link:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14441-Rf2Rift-rFactor2-Oculus-Rift-Plugin-and-Tools

It would be fantastic if you can take a closer look if it’s possible to support rF2 in the new vorpx version. I’m pretty sure you can sell a lot of licences too.

As a proof of my confidence in you and vorpx I buy now a license regardless that I have ATM no game that is supported :)

greets alex

museumsteve
    Participant

This would be great :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

As always, no promises. But I will certainly take a look at it. For unknown reasons rFactor 2 completely slipped my mind before.

alpha-bravo
    Participant

Ralf thanks for your answer :)

As always, no promises.

completely understandable

But I will certainly take a look at it. For unknown reasons rFactor 2 completely slipped my mind before.

Happy to read this. We will see if vorpx can support rF2.

cu alex

alpha-bravo
    Participant

Forgot to wrote: Most users in the ISI Forum are very knowledgeable and we have via the forum a direct connect to the dev studio.
    If you need some further informations don’t hesitate to contact them or let me know and I try to establish a connection.

thx alex

VorpXer
    Participant

Thanks for your response Ralf! I hope you succeed.

users in the ISI Forum are very knowledgeable

That’s true, for example Vittorio somehow managed to get 3d mirrors working using his custom Tridef profile (there is actual depth in the mirror image) –
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14441-Rf2Rift-rFactor2-Oculus-Rift-Plugin-and-Tools?p=303079&viewfull=1#post303079

So I’m sure there will be people willing to help if they can.

VorpXer
    Participant

My problem with the error message was solved by uninstalling the Trackmap plugin (it used a custom d3d9.dll).

So I can start rF2 with VorpX, but I cannot get any 3d reconstruction mode to work. So for now it is 2D only.

barons1985
    Participant

Hivorpxer I too have the same problem, I can help as you solve fratto?
    Thanks a lot

Lukimator
    Participant

Could someone confirm if either rFactor or rFactor 2 work with VorpX? I don’t want to buy the full thing just to find out the only games I’m interested in don’t work…

SvenH
    Participant

I can confirm that rf2 with the newest Version is just working great !
    Use the r2torift plugin which you can find in the ISI-Forum and start rf2 as usual.
    Works just great !

Loving it now. And thanks to Ralph for this great piece of Software.

Regards
    Sven

VorpXer
    Participant

Yes it works well, but there is no stereoscopic 3d yet. I do like it better than using a monitor.

SvenH
    Participant

Agree, cant activate the 3D function.

@Ralph, is there any chance if you could look into this subject to see whether it is possible to activate 3D for rfactor2 ?
    To my knowledge rfactor 2 Supports it. Might be easy to implement.

That would be great and I am sure it would boost your sales a lot ;-)

Regards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

Wanted to do that for ages, was somehow forgotten again, the game isn’t too popular anymore. I’ll take a look at it for the next release. With some luck renaming the game’s .exe to rFactor.exe may work, but there are no guarantees.

Adrian
    Participant

Rfactor 2 launches through a launcher so you can’t directly run or rename the exe.

However it runs on an update version of the RF1 engine so it shouldn’t take anything to get it working.

i.e. with Tridef you could run RF2 with the RF1 profile

If you do get it working I’ll love you forever! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!