rFactor 2 and DK2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion rFactor 2 and DK2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    SvenH
    Participant

HI, I had some time today on trying the new Version with rfactor 2, but rfactor 2 in not launching anymore if Vorpx is running.

I downloaded the latest 0.5.0.1 Oculus Driver, updated to the latest rfactor 2 release but can not get rfactor 2 to Launch.
    rfactor 2 works without running Vorpx. And I proved the OC with Assetto Corsa as well working.
    Any idea on what I might do wrong ?
    Would like to Trial rfactor 2 with the new Vorpx release !
    Thanks for your help
    Regards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

Is any error displayed? The profile was made with the demo version, but that shouldn’t make a difference. Normally just launching the game from the launcher should suffice.

Switching from 64bit to 32bit may be worth a try, but I never had to do that.

SvenH
    Participant

Hello Ralf,
    thanks for the quick Response.
    It says “rfactor 2 stops working” and no error message is presented which could help.
    I tried to force the 32 bit and I have the same Problem –
    Very strange. Without Vorpx , it works as normal

REgards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

Odd. Did you check resolution etc. and using the DK2 as primary display? Shouldn’t be necessary, but might be worth a try.

mcine
    Participant

SvenH: I did not get rf2 to work with windowed mode which I used previously, but it starts with full screen.

I still have things to adjust, but the game looked good except that using my oculus profile did not work that well (I might need o adjust because of that) and the mirrors and hud (in wheel) in formula renault 3.5 are in wrong place.
    And the mouse is not working well anywhere… But using cinema mode fixes that.. is there a shortcut for cinemamode/3d mode switch ?

I did not try other cars.

Thanks for the support will use it alot 8)

SvenH
    Participant

That is really strange. I am running out of ideas. I can not get it to work.
    Check Resolution, used Rift as Primary, running in full Screen, but no difference. It just stops working !! Only a message that rfactor 2 stopped. No error message.
    Is there any log which might be created to check ? I want to avoid re-installing rfactor 2 as it works without Vorpx.
    Not saying Vorpx is the Problem. There might be just a simple conflict which I dont see. I had not Problem running rfactor 2 with the former Vorpx Version and the Oculus Driver 0.4.x

mcine
    Participant

Do you have your main monitor set as display in rf2 settings so if your monitor is primary, rf settings should have primary ?

There is something really strange with resolutions. yesterday I tried with my 720p display and all worked, now I changed to headess ghost to run 1920×1080@75hz and rf2 still complains about resolution at start (says it is 1024×768 or something) and the picture is really small, virtual cinema looks like it is in portrait mode but the view is small in the midde. I tried to change the rift monitor setting to portrait but it went even more messed up. I also tried few other refresh rates, with different outcomes, but non of those worked. 1680×1050 seemed to work quite well with 59hz but not with higher rates (that is my other monitors native resolution). I tried different sync settings, but no help..

What resolution should I use? and what settings ?

I also tried other supproted games in steam (thief, ms flightsim x, xcom) and none of those worked at all.. are steam versoins supported at all?

mcine
    Participant

I tried the troubleshooting hints and I cannot set rift to clone mode, my monitor will get picture in wrong orientationa and resolution is really small.. tried direct mode, but that did not help. I seemed to get both pictures ontop of each other in main monitor..

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please follow the DK2 Setup Guide in the vorpX help. The DK2 does not work in clone mode. Games have to be set to 1920×1080 fullscreen to play them on the DK2.

Here’s the short version. Please still read the guide in the vorpX. They also contain other important information.

You have two options to use vorpX:

A. The convenient one (works with most games)

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as SECONDARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Show on DK2″ display wise in the vorpX config app.

B. The compatible one

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as PRIMARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise in the vorpX config app.

It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows. It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows.

mcine
    Participant

I used the first option, so that is not working well, but I will try the compatible one also

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally it should work just fine with the first option, but the second is always the first thing to try in case of issues.

SvenH
    Participant

Got it working !
    Had to do a clean install ! Looks like there was somewhere a config issues with the “former Version”
    Working fine now. Z-mode working but I feel the 3D effect is not that big, G3G works as well but can find the right Settings. ie the mirros seem to be disjointed.

But Overall , really good work , Ralf. Thanks a lot.
    I can strongly advise VorpX for rfactor 2. One item, I had to install the rift plugin which is posted in the in official rfactor 2-forum. Without it, I couldnt get the camera Motion to work. Nevertheless, everything else works.

Now I can start to install the different packages which I am really using ;-) the clean install forced me now what I wanted to do for a while anyway as I had to many packages installed ;-)

If anybody found a good G3D Setting would be great if you could share.
    Regards
    Sven

Frem22
    Participant

or

When you are in any view you can toggle ‘Freelook’ – I think the default key binding in rf2 is ‘u’, this enables the mouse look functionality which then immediately allows VORPX to do it’s head tracking ‘thing’ without the need for more plugins.

Frem22
    Participant

When I’m using Vorpx with rFactor 2 with the default profile I feel like my virtual presence is far to small. When I look at my in game body it looks disproportionately large.

I thought FOV would fix it but I had it already at the maximum 100degrees.

Any suggestions?

VorpXer
    Participant

You have set your FOV already, now you need to enable expert settings and adjust 3d separation and focal offset. First adjust focal offset so that things in the distance are comfortable to look at like faraway objects are in real life. Then adjust the 3d separation until the scale of the world looks right. Raising the 3d separation makes things appear smaller.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!