The Outer World

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion The Outer World

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    buckjohnston
    Participant

Just fyi. You can adjust the fov to higher levels if you edit the gameusersetting.ini file for the game. Its hidden in a microsoft packages folder. I’ll try to post the exact location when I get home. I was able to override it to 140. Runs great with zbuffer 3d and fov looks a lot better now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s what vorpX’s DirectVR does. During my tests everything above 120 was ignored by the game though. I’ll check that again just to be sure.

nyteblaydette
    Participant

I apologize if this has already been addressed but I’m having the same problem as jjthecomputerbag with g3D and the world missing in the right eye.
    I’ve tried tweaking settings and restarting several times but I can’t seem to get it to work.
    I’m using a Vive, if that matters

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to restart the game after switching to G3D. There should be a message recommending that directly below the option in the menu. Guess I have to make these red again, blue doesn‘t seem to cut it… Make sure to save the settings before you restart the game.

nyteblaydette
    Participant

Yes I have restarted after switching to g3D and restarted every time I changed something, fullscreen, windowed, different 16:9 resolutions. Reset the inis, reset the profile a couple times. I’ll try re-installing.

it’s cool tho, plenty of other games work great, ty

mariametro
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as nyteblaydette. Game restart after saving VorpX G3D settings still has the game world missing in the right eye. I’m on the Rift S. Tried various scenarios (fullscreen, window, etc) and still get a similar result.

I’m using the Epic Games Store version of the game if it matters.

chis101
    Participant

I’m also having an issue with the right eye, even after a restart. Epic Games Store version. It’s not that the right eye isn’t rendering, it’s just not rendering everything, and I think it’s a bit offset too?

Here’s what I’m seeing: https://imgur.com/a/RC8Ise4

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

We use to be able to clear the cache.Is that not possible anymore.I cant get directvr to activate but once.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no cache to clear in this case. Only in some games memory scanner values stay the same between sessions. In these games the cache is used. In other games however (The Outer Worlds included), the values don’t stay the same, so the cache isn’t used.

luisjorgedeltoro
    Participant

I am having the same problem. One eye shows the world, the other shows an ocean.I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Luis that is fixed when in game you use 3d geometry and go to the main menu with the eyes off balanced and restart the game.I guess with my issue that directvr keeps attempting but won’t succeed is another thing I have to keep trying.Gta5 works phenomenal,rdr2 looks neat and the outer worlds still looks great in vr despite the directvr not succeeding.

burgle
    Participant

tried out the Windows Store version instead and it works great! i’m geussing every1 with problems is using the Epic version

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Actually the windows version for me would crash every time I started talking to someone.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Seems this profile just disappeared!?!

Commander
    Participant

I can confirm it. It is nowhere. Very sad.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!