The Outer World

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion The Outer World

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    zig11727
    Participant

The outer world profile has no 3D reconstitution mode it displays 3D off without letting me change the mode
    I’m using the new version 19.3.0
    I also downloaded the profile from the cloud and it had the same problem.

dborosev
    Participant

There is a trick to getting it to work for now.
    Check here, this worked for me.

Little Trick for Xbox PC Game Pass Players for OuterWorlds

Ralf
    Keymaster

This trick should not be necessary, at least it isn’t here, using the MS game pass version.

@ zig11727 : Could you please check how the .exe is called that vorpX is hooking into when you play the game. You can find the name of the hooked .exe in the vorpX logfile (C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\Temp\vorpX.log).

Since the game uses different .exe names per store, the profile might not have the name for your version assigned yet.

zig11727
    Participant

@ dborosev

Thanks,

The profile which is a official profile in version 19.3.0 attaches fine but has no 3D when I pull up the menu. 3D reconstruction is set to off can’t be modify.

zig11727
    Participant

@Ralf

Here is the exe name which is being hooked IndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping.exe

I no longer have vorpx 19.3.0 on my computer I restored a backup image and I’m back to vorpx version 19.2.4

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks! That is definietely the culprit. Since I have the Windows Store version I had to guess the Epic store .exe name, unfortunately I guessed slightly wrong (‘IndianaEpicStore’ instead of ‘IndianaEpicGameStore’). I’ll update the profile.

19.3.0 with the updated profile will be made available again once I figured out something in regard to RDR2 launcher problem.

TheBalt
    Participant

Thanks! That is definietely the culprit. Since I have the Windows Store version I had to guess the Epic store .exe name, unfortunately I guessed slightly wrong (‘IndianaEpicStore’ instead of ‘IndianaEpicGameStore’). I’ll update the profile.

19.3.0 with the updated profile will be made available again once I figured out something in regard to RDR2 launcher problem.

Hey Ralf thanks for getting the new update out! Outer worlds looks great even tho I am having issues with directvr not scanning and working – it’s fine tho, I can configure those settings no problem

The issue I am running into is controller support – I have just spent like 45 minutes trying to make the Xbox one controller work with headtrscking, it will work for a few moments if you “move” in the game, but once I touch the right stick, it basically “turns off” headtracking no matter what settings I try.

I just wanted to know if you had an idea of what setting I should be looking at – but ya, I have tried everything I know in vorpx game menu to get the controller to just work with right stick for look + headtracking being on and the right stick just seems to override the headtracking once I touch it and then effectively turns headtracking “off” until I move, stand still and don’t touch it, then headtracking resumes. The two are not working in concert, the right stick movement basically “kills” the headtracking.

Thanks for you time and the profile! HUD adjustments seem great and it looks great!

Thank you for your time and work for us!

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Look forward to trying this.Thanks Ralph.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Kinda funny and interesting that two new profiles that of rdr2 and the outer worlds.One from the past and the other the future.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Hi Thebait,
    Did you get the outer worlds working and in a clear pictured experience ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It would be nice if you could stop posting everything in multiple places, that gets confusing. One time is enough.

With a 16:9 resolution like suggested by the start message in the upper left corner, FOV should be OK. If not, try to disable automatic settings on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu and dial in the FOV manually in the game options.

For a sharper image you can run games at higher resolutions. Details in the “Custom Resolutions” section of the help or here.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

So the g3d is what makes the image unplayable.It starts out in z3d.But no positional tracking in that So I did change the games resolution and it looks fine but unless I use g3d I won’t get positional and if I do use it I can’t see two clear images.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

I thank you Ralph for meeting so many requests.I put in a request for a refund for the outer worlds.Only bought it because of your vr support anyway.Way to much to spend.Playing voyager elite and gta5 and that is enough for now.

jjthecomputerbag
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Forgive me if I’m posting this in the wrong section. I recently bought vorpx in order to play theouterworlds on vr. Frankly, I’m not very happy with my purchase. I believe that I may be doing something wrong as well, so my opinion can easily change. I have a couple of problems that I hope can be resolved.

1. It seems like this is not really VR. It appears as if a big screen is placed in front of my screen and I am given head tracking. I do not feel like I am actually inside of the environment. Also The gun looks very 2d. I am in full VR mode.

2. This is similar to number 1. Around the big screen that is placed in front of me, there is a black border. This takes away from immersion a lot.

3. My hud is really off scale. I attempted to follow your directions above, but I was not successful. I have an AMD video card. In the link above you posted that AMD can only go up to 1440×1080 or 1024×1080. Are these resolutions 16:9? I also attempted to disable automatic settings like you suggested, but I was not able to find it in the VR Settings category of the vorpx menu.

Forgive my ignorance on these matters, i’m pretty new to VR modding. Can you please offer some assistance.

Here are my specs

ryzen 5 2600
    rx580
    16gb ram
    oculus rift s

Ralf
    Keymaster

16:9 resolutions would be 1920×1080 or 2560×1440. With a 16:9 resolution you will not get any borders around the image. It will be filled horizontically with minimal top/bottom bars since the game’s FOV maxes out at 120.

The HUD can be scaled in the vorpX menu (image page). Should be scaled in a decent manner per default though if you use a 16:9 res.

You can switch the 3D mode to “Geometry 3D” in the vorpX menu for actual geometric 3D that renders two views. The game is surprisingly performance heavy though, so I would highly recommend to stick to Z3D, which doesn’t look 100% natural, but is a lot faster. When you try out G3D, make sure to restart the game, otherwise it will look messed up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!