Unreal Gold working!

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Unreal Gold working!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jonny panic
    Participant

Ok, so I got it working pretty well.
    In addition to the above points.

4) In Unreal disable mouse smoothing, set mouse speed to 1.0.
    5) Disable crosshair. You can do it through the old Unreal 1 menu, or by doing this.
    https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads/disable-crosshair.199521/
    6) Enable joystick in Unreal. Turn off Looking Up/Down (forgot what the option is called) in vorpx in-game menu.
    … probably forgot something but I think that is the gist of it.

With the mouse set to 1.0 headtracking sensitivity might need changing a little to get 1:1 movement.

vrbandwagon
    Participant

Thank you for the clear procedure jonny panic, I will try that.

So basically in order to get Geometry 3D working, I need to use the Halo profile? I’ll try creating a new profile based on that one and see if it works too.

Also, what resolution do you recommend?

jonny panic
    Participant

I was using 2560 x 1440, but it judders a lot. Need to mess with drivers. I think it will depend on your pc/headset setup. I seem to remember custom resolutions working well in vorpx but dont know if unreal supports it. Bioshock for example would let me use an 8:9 or something resolution. Will test and get back to you. 16:9 is kind of a waste cos the edges arent visible.

jonny panic
    Participant

After having gotten an almost perfect 1:1 setting yesterday, my game crashed and I had to reinstall. I think I broke it somehow.
    Since then I am having trouble getting the headset go back to the central position after looking around. It is quite disorientating. Fortunately you can map a recenter button to the controller in the Unreal menu.
    At 1440p (custom resolutions dont work, 1440p is nvidia DSR resolution), right now I use 0.53 headtracking, 0.2 3d fov enhancement. It isn’t great though. And there is a lot of judder on my system. We could do with an official profile. Still it is the best way to play Unreal by far.

@Ralf, any chance of official support for Unreal?

vrbandwagon
    Participant

jonny panic, doing God’s work! Not sure why it “broke” your game.

I’m not sure how we can get Ralf’s attention. the last time he answered was on this thread. But the original Unreal definitely deserves to be supported officially, as we proved that it actually worked. Hopefully, thanks to your recent posts, this thread will attract his attention.

jonny panic
    Participant

I think it was me who broke the game, not vorpx. I was messing with advanced settings, and turned off something I shouldn’t have.

As far as I can tell, yeah vorpx is working perfectly. I haven’t set up my own profile before so I don’t know how to get it 1:1.

Great game, messing with this has brought it all back. The first skaarj is terrifying in VR.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!