vorpX 0.9 Slight Delay

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9 Slight Delay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Short update on OpenGL since this was highly requested: Amnesia will have 3D, also almost everything else that uses the old OpenGL fixed function pipeline.

Modern, purely shader based OpenGL games won’t have 3D for now, that’s not as straight forward to implement. Addressing the open issues in the ‘official’ part of vorpX has higher priority for 0.9. Also many features of the D3D part will be missing in OpenGL for now (HUD-Scaling, shadow treatment etc.).

However, you will be able to play OpenGL classics until about the time of the Quake 3 engine in full Geometry 3D, also everything newer that still partially uses the fixed function pipeline (like Amnesia). idTech4/5 probably won’t be covered, haven’t tried one yet though.

peteski123
    Participant

Awesome news Ralf, really looking forward to it.
    I have already bought two licences of Vorpx to say thanks for previous work, I might even buy another after this next patch.

can I just ask, are you definitely going to continue to support the Rift after it’s release with its ongoing Oculus runtimes or will the Vorpx main Full release be it’s final?

Regards
    Pete

Ralf
    Keymaster

Support will continue after the CV1 release. Hopefully from now on without the need for changes to the base functionality as large as the one the 0.7 runtime made necessary.

frankhartman96
    Participant

I just bought vorpX for my oculus rift but then I came to the conclusion only runtime 0.7 is supported for windows 10. Is there anyway around to make vorpX run on a windows 10 pc at this moment?

Regards
    Frank

v_lee02
    Participant

Yeah I tried everything but going back to windows 7! And if anyone has an answer I would love to hear it :)

Good luck Frank!

BuckleBean
    Participant

I’m running windows 10 with oculus runtime 0.5.0.1, latest nvidia drivers. Vorpx works as expected. Downside is direct mode won’t work, but extended mode does and thus, so do most rift apps, minus the very latest. It’s a compromise, but vorpx will support 0.7 in a couple weeks, so no big deal.

lipplog
    Participant

Does GTA San Andreas use OpenGL? GTA SA is so awesome in VR, I’m still using the outdated TriDef injectors. Any chance it will be added to the VorpX library?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I tried it quite some time ago. It hooked just fine but IIRC had general problems with widescreen resolutions, so I didn’t even bother to check whether 3D is possible. Since the new vorpX version is now able to handle 4:3 etc. aspect ratios correctly regardless of the actual headset screen aspect ratio, it might be worth a try to check again. As always, no promises though.

lipplog
    Participant

Oh that’s great! I’ll turn off wide screen and give it a try! Thanks so much, Ralf!

I will be one happy SOB when direct mode support is added to 0.9 so that I can play it with the latest version of my graphics’ software

frankhartman96
    Participant

Windows 10 in combination with oculus runtime 0.5 and vorpx 8.1 seems to work but it is not perfect. Thnx for the suggestion @BuckleBean! I will just wait for the 0.9 update then.

NipOc
    Participant

You don’t have to use an old runtime.
    1. Save the OVRServer_x86.exe from
    C:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRServer_x86.exe
    2. Install the new runtime and put the OVRServer_x86.exe
    (in compatibility mode for windows 8) back.
    3. Make a text file an paste

net stop OVRService
    C:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Tools\DirectDisplayConfig.exe off
    C:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRServer_x86.exe

4. Save the text file as .bat and your done.
    Everytime you start a app that is not made for 0.7, just execute this bat.

phoenix
    Participant

Thank you NipOc. Only one question:

What runtime version are you using to start. I have now 0.7 installed. Then i have to save the 0.7 exe in other location, install 0.5 runtime and copy the 0.7 one or inside out?
    Apologize my short understanding to perhaps obvious questions….

NipOc
    Participant

No problem, I should have mentioned in the first post, which runtime you need.

You need the OVRServer_x86.exe from the old runtime 0.5 or 0.6 (so you need that runtime first).

If you are on windows 10, don’t reboot after 0.5 or 0.6 runtime installation, just save the OVRServer_x86.exe and deinstall the runtime. If it wants to install drivers during installation, just cancel, you don’t need them.

The driver window will look similar to this

Afterwards, install the 0.7 runtime.
    Than put the OVRServer_x86.exe back to C:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Service, force it into windows 8 compatibility mode and your done.
    The .bat will put the rift into extend mode, enable the old runtime and thus enable support for nearly every pre 0.7 demo or game.

phoenix
    Participant

Thank you very much Nip. Perfect explained.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9 Slight Delay’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!