vorpX 0.9 Slight Delay

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.9 Slight Delay

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    shadowself
    Participant

how to update 0.9 from 0.8?

Doesn’t opening the VorpX application automatically download and install the update?

I DO NOT hope so, because Vorpx doesnt see the riftdk2 with 0.7 runtime. And as a result of that vorpx won’t start!

VorpX 0.9 will see the DK2 with 0.7, it actually requires it. See Ralf’s post upthread.

Bonehead4life
    Participant

how to update 0.9 from 0.8?

Doesn’t opening the VorpX application automatically download and install the update?

I DO NOT hope so, because Vorpx doesnt see the riftdk2 with 0.7 runtime. And as a result of that vorpx won’t start!

VorpX 0.9 will see the DK2 with 0.7, it actually requires it. See Ralf’s post upthread.

But how do i update from this version to 0.9 then? when vorpx 0.8 does not see the rift with runtime 0.7? (that was the original question)

lipplog
    Participant

I’m sure that Ralf has that covered. My guess is that either opening VorpX after the 23rd will promp an auto update, whether the rift is detected or not. Or owners of the software will receive an email with a new download link.

Whether the new install will require a new response code, I have no idea. I personally hope so, since I stupidly installed Windows 10 without installing Windows 8.1 first, which means I can’t authorize Windows 10 unless I wipe my drive (including VorpX) and start over. I’ve had to reinstall Windows (and therefore VorpX) so many times, they think I’m pirating. So unless version 9 requires a new code, I’ll just stick with unauthorized Windows 10.

Bonehead4life
    Participant

We all see on day 23…. ;)

Grtz

shadowself
    Participant

But how do i update from this version to 0.9 then? when vorpx 0.8 does not see the rift with runtime 0.7? (that was the original question)

VorpX 0.9 is not out until Friday, so you can’t update until then. On Friday, I imagine VorpX 0.8 will automatically update to 0.9.

Bonehead4life
    Participant

VorpX 0.9 is not out until Friday, so you can’t update until then. On Friday, I imagine VorpX 0.8 will automatically update to 0.9.

Ah ok, thnx for the info, friday must be the 23th then.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Under normal circumstances the update will be downloaded and installed automatically when you start vorpX as soon as it’s on the server.

Should that fail for some reason (firewall issue etc.), you can use your web installer to install the latest version manually.

Bonehead4life
    Participant

Clear, thank you.

Bogmann
    Participant

Why don’t we give him more time for the next Release, I mean something close after Fallout 4 Release? ;-)

peteski123
    Participant

Or we get it when he stated and you ask nicely for a Fallout 4 profile later ;-)

BuckleBean
    Participant
    lipplog
    Participant

Expect any issues?

According to the oculus page, everything that worked with runtime 7 will work with runtime 8

Ralf
    Keymaster

After testing a handful of games with the runtime 0.8 installed, everythings seems to be OK so far.

One thing that is noteworthy: in Win 10 it’s still harder to maintain the 75fps of the direct mode render thread for vorpX, which means you have to lower graphics settings/resolution more than on Win7/8 for a judder free experience in demanding games. If you haven’t upgraded to Win 10, I would suggest to stick with Win7/8 for the time being.

Win 10 works fine in general, but in a direct side by side comparison of otherwise identical machines Win7/8 are notably better in regard to the async direct mode rendering for now.

Bonehead4life
    Participant

That is great news, Ralf. Thank you for the info. A pity is I am already on win10, but I hope they (oculus) progress in the async tech.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If only Oculus had any async tech at all… I would happily scrap everything done in this regard if they would implement it in their device drivers, which is where this really belongs.

No need to worry though. Win 10 is fine, Win7/8 just work a tad bit better. You probably wouldn’t notice without seeing them running side by side.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.9 Slight Delay’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!