vorpX 18.1.5 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 18.1.5 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Phantomroro
    Participant

Thanks for the hard work just bought it 2 weeks ago
    and loving every minute

RJK_
    Participant

dellrifter22
    Participant

Far Cry 2!!

I’ve been wanting to ask about this for a long time. It was one of the first games I wanted to try when I first bought vorpx – one of my favorites.

I’ve seen the profile in the list for years, but never got any type of stereo 3D working. Excited to try this now!

Has Z3D ever worked in fc2? Or is it also possible now along with G3D? Any luck to increase fov?

Oh and thanks for the added immersive screen controls. I prefer that to cinema mode now because of the handy edge peek.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Z3D should still work in DX10, but there is not much reason to use it. The game is old enough to even run at 90fps with Geometry 3D on any semi decent machine. FOV is preconfigured and handled by a combination of vorpX’s 3D FOV enhancement and image zoom.

Phantomroro
    Participant

Unravel looks amazing in cinema mode with g3d

LukeRoss
    Participant

My God Ralf, you’re pumping out new profiles like they were croissants from a bakery!!!

Congrats man, you’re the best!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks. There were a few long outstanding loose ends to tie in regard to older DX9 Z3D only profiles, which could finally get Geometry 3D support due to some recent code additions.

I won’t be fully able to keep up that pace, but you can definitely expect more frequent profile updates in the future than it was the case in the past now that coding wise most things are where I wanted them to be. New features are still in the pipeline too though.

RJK_
    Participant

LukeRoss

How did you manage to convert from a DX8 title to VR ? May be you talk to Ralf about this secret ! (Thinking of the recent DGvoodoo discussion).

morbidexpression
    Participant

Wow, I was still working my way through stuff added in the last update! Amazing burst of methodical work, I feel almost spoiled by the selection of games and look forward to revisiting a lot of these, proper geometry mode adds such a surreal touch to these experiences that really amps up the nostalgia on old favorites.

If you’re going to increase the output rate on profiles of this quality, definitely time to revisit monetization schemes for VorpX late this year maybe — because I wouldn’t mind paying for a few more years of this. Something that’s fair and makes both parties feel like they are getting value for money and money for time spent.

Surprised someone hasn’t tried to absorb you into their corporate blob by now and confined your work to their games or hardware. I suppose it’s been more for adventurous, tinkering types but you are getting closer to a smoother, friendlier experience with every release and surely the acquisition vultures will circle.

nieda113
    Participant

Dying Light, Assassins Creed Origins G3D please….

steph12
    Participant

Dying Light, Assassins Creed Origins G3D please….

you know that dying light support VR ?

You must use revive.

open video.src using notepad, located in C:/Users/USER/Documents/DyingLight/out/settings

add this at the bottom OculusEnabled()

dellrifter22
    Participant

Since Christmas update I’ve been enjoying the performance boost and enhancements to immersive cinema modes. The slight increase to range have been effective for my Pimax.

And it’s been a lot of fun revisiting Farcry 2. Thanks.

If there’s one thing that bothers me about the update, it’s the loss of standard Alt key functionality in games.

I use LAlt abundantly while gaming and have since resorted to simple AutoHotkey scripts as a workaround. But a few games are hard-coded and will not allow me to remap keys, making it difficult to play correctly.

I understand LAlt is now reserved for vorpX functionality with good intention to avoid conflict/confusion, but in cases like mine it’s become more of a hindrance. And since a rollback request would sound unappreciative, I wonder if adding a “toggle Alt lock” option among expert settings would be a useful consideration.

Otherwise, I like the direction things are headed and am always excited to see what improvements are in store. Thank you.

Oh, and one thing I’ve wondered for a while… Is there a simple way that you know of to backup custom resolutions in Windows? The larger Creators Updates tend to wipe them clean unexpectedly :/

nieda113
    Participant

Hi i know that since DK2,, but unfortunately its only z buffer no G3D , so i rather use nvidia 3d Play and have G3D game thats more my taste..

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dellrifter: The ALT-key setting actually exists internally, it’s just not exposed to the GUI. I’ll add it as an expert setting for the next vorpX version.

@ nieda: Far Cry 2 has Geometry 3D since 18.1.2. Make sure not to disable the automated settings adjustment. All supported Far Cry games have G3D now.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Great!! Thanks Ralf

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 18.1.5 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!