vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Ovo
    Participant

@Ralf: uploading / exporting profiles includes the custom shader authorings?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, at least it should. When you do shader authoring for an official profile the changes are part of the profile’s user section. I haven’t actually tried that since implementing shader authoring for official profiles, but shader definitions are supposed to be exported/imported like all other user settings for official profiles. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

moarveer
    Participant

Gave this a try today with Bioshock Infnite. In works great on medium, but setting it to full gave an awful visual glitch on BI and seemed to lock the game, so I had to close it. The image clarity improvement is fantastic, things look a LOT sharper even on medium, you can notice how objects far away are way easier to see clearly, and it actually added a lot to the immersion.

I have to admit that I never touched the sharpening option before so this is quite a big improvement for me, maybe others used to using the previous sharpening tool don’t notice it that much.

On the other hand, aliasing is a bit more obvious now in my case, still well worth it though. All in all a fantastic addition to Vorpx, I will be using it in all games from now on, or at least see how they work with it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you like it. Setting the option to full enables a hack that AMD recommends game developers to implement in addition to the upscale/sharpen shaders. Didn’t cause a problem for me in Bioshock Infinite, but whether the hack is an actual improvement or not in general depends a bit on the game and the resolution it runs with.

The hack basically tells the GPU to load a more detailed version of a texture from memory than it normally would for the current pixel. When game devs implement FidelityFX they are supposed to do that in addition to the upscale/sharpening. vorpX can enforce the hack for every texture read (if available for a game). In some cases it doesn’t make much of difference at all or even introduces some shimmering instead of improving anything, but in other cases it does actual improve things. Easily spottable examples that probably everyone has available to try are trees/shrubs/gras in Fallout 4 or Skyrim.

moarveer
    Participant

I tried full both on the menu screen and inside the game, and in both cases it glitched graphically and was unplayable with oculus Quest 2 and virtual desktop using steamvr mode, I’ll give another try tomorrow and see what happens. I’m using close to 4k res in-game so maybe both things don’t get along well.

TightAssPants
    Participant

Is this FSR or CAS?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s FSR, but just in case you fell for AMD’s marketing and thus expect some miracle, please keep your expectations in check. FSR is actually CAS + Lanczos like upscaling + a dirty lttle mipmap hack. Together that makes a pretty good upscaling technique, but not more. There is nothing miraculous about it at all.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

So far the results I’ve seen remain excellent. There is a bit of difference game-to-game; CP77 is absolutely amazing and much better than previously but it didn’t really change the clarity of Outer Worlds much (built-in AA is sooooooo soft-focus in that title that I think the problem is that are very few crisp edges for the sharpening effect to find and then do anything with.) Thanks again, being able to reduce the resolution just a couple ticks while still retaining a clear image can make all the difference in some titles.

apollon01
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, can’t wait to check all the new goodies out!

Ovo
    Participant

Yes, at least it should. When you do shader authoring for an official profile the changes are part of the profile’s user section. I haven’t actually tried that since implementing shader authoring for official profiles, but shader definitions are supposed to be exported/imported like all other user settings for official profiles. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

Ok thanks, it works! I uploaded a profile for Rocket League with the lights fixed, my friend used it. (Cloud profile name’s Ovocean, you’re welcome to copy my fixes to the official profile.)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Awesome, thanks! Will do so for the next regular update (not today’s hotfix though, saw your post too late for that).

Ralf
    Keymaster

21/10/04
    vorpX 21.3.0.1 has been released

This is a hotfix that addresses the issue below, no other changes.

• Switching between Z3D and G3D could cause a garbled image under some circumstances.
    onetoo
    Participant

I tried Bioshock Infinite. There is a noticeable improvement in sharpness, reflections, and detail with FSR set to medium @ 3200×2400. Setting FSR to High causes a game crash. I also set sharpening to 1.20 which is adequate, but going too high also causes a crash. If the menu and Hud clarity could be improved, the game would be perfect.

wolfh
    Participant

Tested with Metro 2033 Redux a big improvement! thanks!!!

ziopao
    Participant

I feel like an idiot but I can’t find a download link and the websetup always downloads the 21.2.1 version… any help?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!