vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

NOW WE have 21.3.3 …

this version will be remembered for years :9

Ralph
    Participant

Maybe it’s clever to release no updates at the moment, because of the warnings by Publishers and Studios send to competitors in the modding scene ! Vorpx should be unobtrusive in these times. In addition to that there weren’t so much new game releases in 2022 less than in 2021 or 2020. In my opinion it’s time to work on the big things, in the quiet !

drowhunter
    Participant

Yes this precise gesture works beautifully in Sairento VR.

slydog43
    Participant

Is VorpX dead?

echeva
    Participant

No it isn’t. It is alive, indeed.

ToxicMike
    Participant

warnings by Publishers and Studios send to competitors in the modding scene !

I wasn´t following those things lately so i probably missed a few details as to what is really behind studios/publishers sending out warnings and threats.

So, what is behind this? I mean it´s not like VR-Modders, let alone vorpX is doing or supporting anything like piracy or to ask a similiar question:

WTF is their goddamn problem with vr-modders?

It looks like they aren´t really caring for vr, let alone new great vr-games to begin with, so WTF?

I am also afraid that, if there wouldn´t be modders or software like vorpX, VR would already be at the brink of extinction probably coz those few nice games, even minor “great” games and even more mediocre crap games are not really helping VR in the best ways possible.

….and just don´t remind me of that Zuckerberg-Disaster they call “Metaverse”.

I am afraid VR is stuck in a crisis and i hope i am terribly wrong with this assumption.

Dicey
    Participant

WTF is their goddamn problem with vr-modders?

I’m guessing they’re (potentially) considering re-releasing these games in VR form at some time in the future.

stefanw1337
    Participant

Is VorpX dead?

Was thinking the same thing, not an update this year so far. Not really on top of new games with official profiles.. So either the software is pretty done, meaning any profile in the list can go with any game. Or VorpX is dying.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Why check something yourself when you can just as well ask someone. That’s so much easier, isn’t it? ;)

vorpX is alive and welll, in this very moment it’s gaining functionality that makes it easier to use (virtual display) and seriously beefs up motion controller support (gestures).

Fourth post from the top when you asked your question:

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

The beta aside, you also have received several profile database updates since the last regular vorpX update, at least unless you disabled that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

23/07/27
    vorpX 21.3.5 has been released

This is a maintenance release that mainly fixes a severe issue caused by recent nVidia drivers.

• New method to apply automated game settings. Fixes many DirectVR profiles that include automatic game settings optimization being broken with nVidia drivers newer than February 2023.
    • Comes with all profile updates since the last regular vorpX update compiled in the installer for convenience.
    • Various smaller fixes.
    TonyD
    Participant

Appreciate the updates and profiles!

fubar
    Participant

New method to apply automated game settings. Fixes many DirectVR profiles that include automatic game settings optimization being broken with nVidia drivers newer than February 2023.
    Comes with all profile updates since the last regular vorpX update compiled in the installer for convenience.

Does the latest beta have those fixes too?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not yet, I’ll upload a beta with the auto settings fix early next week. Addressing this for the release build was more important for now, I have given up hope that nVidia will fix the actual issue in their drivers anytime soon.

If you have the beta installed and encounter repeated ‘vorpX changed some game settings, a restart might be required’ messages on each game start for a game, either uninstall the beta and install 21.3.5 or downgrade your nVidia drivers to 528.49 until the next beta. That helps too.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Absolutely awesome job Ralf. TYVM.

chapeka
    Participant

Hello
    In next versions willbe possible move the HUD in diferent parts of the screen¿? or auto adjust with the zoom screen like in Alien colonial marines, this is one of the most important things that make the games perfect. I thimk you do aweasome job.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!