vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    a_giiling
    Participant

This Gestures system is really interesting. One game that seems perfect for this would be Mirrors Edge. You could use gestures to jump like raising both hands up.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Gestures for character movement are next on the list as far as new gestures are concerned. Hadn’t thought about jumping yet, but this sounds actually great.

BTW: There is an ages old option on the head tracking page of the vorpX menu (HT Crouch/Jump) from a time before such witchcraft as motion controllers were added to VR that let’s you jump when you jump and duck when you duck. Doing that consequently in Mirror’s Edge would probably the best VR workout ever. I haven’t checked it for years though, so TBH I’m not sure whether it maybe is broken.

Edit : Still works in principle, but for whatever reason can only be configured before a DirectVR scan has been performed. Guess I’ll revisited that before the next update. Nothing you’d want to do all day, but still fun actually when it works.

slydog43
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of fun at least, can’t wait for gestures.

takatori
    Participant

After the latest Fallout 76 update I started getting random crashes while playing with VorpX.
    It’s stable when played vanilla, but crashes within 2-3 minutes using VorpX.

Any other reports? Or any hints wheat I should look at?

I’m using the default VorpX profile.
    No difference between Geometry or Normals, or with head tracking enabled or not.

Windows Event viewer reports:
    Faulting application name: vorpControl64.dat, version: 21.3.2.0, time stamp: 0x6203f721
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1466, time stamp: 0xe2f8ca76
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000063416
    Faulting process ID: 0x5498
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d82f2044764d37
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpControl64.dat
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: 29ff171a-5a05-4aa5-afce-7449c1d2e660
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Ralph
    Participant

Are you going to give us a gift for summer holidays ? Vorpx 22.1 or a new big Mod like Cyberpunk ? Please let me know what are you working on right now ? There are almost no game releases until autum, i hope that Vorpx will give me a gift for summer holidays ?

slydog43
    Participant

I just love getting updates, and its been a while. When is the next update coming? Thanks Ralf

drowhunter
    Participant

Yeah, I just checked in to see , since it has been radio silence for a while

Ralf
    Keymaster

If all goes well within the next two weeks. Mind the ‚if all all goes well‘ part though. :) I still have to figure out the gesture system config UI. Shouldn‘t be too hard, but one never knows.

steph12
    Participant

so next update is all about gestures ? any new profiles planned for this next update ?

VRified Games
    Participant

Any update on the update? 😂

slydog43
    Participant

Any news on what is being working on for next update?

moarveer
    Participant

So…any news?

Ralf
    Keymaster

As everyone should, I have a habit of not answering questions that start with “So…”, but for you I make an exception from the rule. :)

I was somewhat distracted by real life matters for quite some time recently (good ones, so nothing to worry about). Life is slowly shifting back towards me being your usual ‘vorpX guy’ for the most part now though.

The next version will be out in the not too distant future.

moarveer
    Participant

Well I’m honored :)

Glad to hear that everything is fine and vorpx is still en route, it’s still what I use VR for most of the time so I freak out a bit when things slow down, so hearing that everything’s is ok is a huge relief.

And no more “so…” questions, I promise. :)

Dazcor
    Participant

Getting Crashes in FarCry 3 when loading into game, menus are fine, tried eveything, any suggestions?
    same goes with CP77 crashing after a minute in game, RE7 doesn’t work at all, and a few others i’ve tried just don’t work.

Not sure if doing anything wrong as i’ve follow multiple tutorials and i’ve also troublshooted a few different metheds like disabling MSI AB, Anti virus software and others.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!