What playing games in immersive mode on that big screen did for me

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What playing games in immersive mode on that big screen did for me

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

And no, dborosev didn’t say that. This forum is seriously in need of a major upgrade – can’t keep it’s quote’s straight, for one thing.

My apologies for the spam.

dborosev
    Participant

I’m so confused. I have no idea how you are using VorpX, but it doesn’t sound right. You can get a lot more out of it.

ToxicMike
    Participant

You can’t put games in the excluded list and play them with vorpx, unless you’re using the desktop viewer.

I am afraid i can, coz that´s what i am doing the whole time. I also have the vorpX-mouse-pointer and of course i see my games on every virtual screen vorpX has, wether it is cinema-mode (including all aspect ratios) or immersive screen mode, including all options i can alter with the menu (delete-button to show it)

Here is again what i wrote:
    “Fact is i put games i am playing on the immersive screen, into the excluded list, to avoid useless problems i could have, while i am not needing those games to be hooked anyway after all.”

Since there could be several problems with vorpX on several unsupportet (or not entierely supportet) games, i decided to not let it hook to those games, which as i understand it, is not really needed when i am not up to use full-vr-mode or 3d-mode.

ToxicMike
    Participant

You can get a lot more out of it.

Oh sure i can get out A LOT more out of it! I am well aware of it, but i am not in a hurry plus i already have great fun with the “regular” immersive mode, i am goin into it deeper once i got the idea of having wasted enough time with “just” the immersive screen.

Ogrescar
    Participant

You’re not using vorpx for anything other than a desktop viewer. If that’s all you want, you could have saved yourself some money and bought Virtual Desktop. It costs substantially less than vorpx and is superior in that regard, and I can think of at least 3 free desktop-to-hmd apps out there to do the same thing.

Whatever. This started out as an interesting topic but it’s degraded into a wtf sort of thing. You can call it an immersive screen if you want, but if it’s flat it’s not very immersive, imo.

onetoo
    Participant

Personally, I’m not a purist. I enjoy games in any sort of manner, Native VR, VorpX in VR or via Immersive with G3D or Z3D, on my TV, or on my projector, with all sorts of peripherals.

Ogrescar
    Participant

@onetoo

You obviously didn’t read the part where he specifically states that he is adding the games to the excluded list. Please enlighten me as to how to get G3D with a game that hasn’t been hooked by vorpx, since you apparently think it’s possible.

onetoo
    Participant

@Ogrescar

Calm down. I did misread your comment and was deleting what I wrote before you responded. I didn’t realize that’s how he was playing. I can see him wanting to use it for the abient background though. Kind of expensive to use it that way, but look how much gaming lights cost.

steph12
    Participant

looks op is missing vorpx whole point.

onetoo
    Participant

He said he’s using it for the Ambient background. Honestly, IDK any other desktop app that has the Ambient Background feature which is a pretty cool overlooked feature. I spent $100 on Cyborg gaming lights (barely use them now cuz their trash, lol). People have LED strip setups on their TVs. Phillips HUE lights are all the rage. It’s a thing.

steph12
    Participant

well to each their own i guess :) but he should also try the amazing others vorpx features ^^

ToxicMike
    Participant

You’re not using vorpx for anything other than a desktop viewer.

I am actually using bigscreen beta and bought vorpX because it gives me additional screen-modes being better than those in bsbeta or not even existing there. Now along with vorpX´s full-vr and that 3D feature i had no doubts to buy a great piece of software, even when i am actually not even using half of its potential at this moment.

If you´re having more questions regarding the question why i am even using vorpX or how i am using it and/or probably how i am living my life in general, just ask.

If that’s all you want,

Yes, currently this is all i want and i am also aware of wanting it all that way.

you could have saved yourself some money and bought Virtual Desktop.

Saving money? Excuse me, but you already worry so much about why and how i am using vorpX, i really don´t want you to worry about my finances too.

Regarding Virtual Desktop, hope you´re not shocked when you read this, but i got bigscreen beta and other virtual desktops for free and bought vorpX afterwards!

I can think of at least 3 free desktop-to-hmd apps out there to do the same thing.

….yes i already got the idea that you´re probably the smartest in here who knows everything.

Whatever. This started out as an interesting topic but it’s degraded into a wtf sort of thing. You can call it an immersive screen if you want, but if it’s flat it’s not very immersive, imo.

You just said “whatever” and then you just go on, so what now? If this topic has in your opinion “degraded” and you think “whatever” then there is no further reason in replying, let alone explaining things coz….well…..whatever!

ToxicMike
    Participant

looks op is missing vorpx whole point.

…i think the same thing about game developers probably missing the whole point of nvidia´s RTX cards when i look at how sadly RAYTRACING is used…IF it´s even used….or is it dead already and i missed the news?

but he should also try the amazing others vorpx features ^^

There are other vorpX features than just having a virtual 2D screen inside my vr-goggles?

;-)

dborosev
    Participant

I think ToxicMike is pretty clearly saying he is living in his own constructed world of gaming (which is fine) and doesn’t want any help at the moment learning the actual use of the software he bought.
    Check back here, ToxicMike, when you are ready to use VorpX the intended way. No shortage of people ready to help you use the software, as you can see. :)

To a lot of people, this is like someone buying a hat, then putting it on their foot and wearing it like a shoe and saying they are enjoying it just fine the way it is. Thats cool, everyone has their things. You keep on doing you. But you have to expect some “wtf” looks from the head-wearing hat people on the streets trying to help you. :)

Smoils
    Participant

I dont think hat foot comparison is correct, more like buying a baseball cap and wearing it backwards.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!