Any news on Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any news on Vive

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

No, vorpX overrides any VSync settings and does its own normally. Only when you actively choose to display the game image on the monitor (which isn’t recommended) normal Vsync plays a role.

Vadian
    Participant

I just want to clarify something on checkout, under system requirements:

“Oculus Rift DK2 or Oculus Rift (vorpX will not work without this)”

This is now null and void for us Vivers, right? :) I’ve heard talk about needing a Rift plugged in for updates or similar, and I’m not sure how the process works for your software and just wanted to be clear. I’ve been maniacally checking back for Vive updates on your page almost as much as I’ve been hitting refresh on my pending order screen! :D All I want is Skyrim/ESO in VR so I never need to leave my house again.

Thanks!
    V

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up. Vive is supported now. System requirements will be adjusted shortly.

One caveat regarding ESO: a recent ESO update that removed D3D9 also removed vorpX’s Geometry 3D support for the game. With the current version vorpX can hook it again with the D3D11 renderer, so it’s working to degreee again, but there wasn’t time to check stereo 3d viability yet.

simblarosh
    Participant

SO this is great news!! I see the beta is out for vive! RALF how many of the supported games on the list have you successfully tried with the beta??? Or anyone else for that matter??

Im still waiting on my VIVE, but I am a sure buy once I get it!

LittleZ
    Participant

SO this is great news!! I see the beta is out for vive! RALF how many of the supported games on the list have you successfully tried with the beta??? Or anyone else for that matter??

Im still waiting on my VIVE, but I am a sure buy once I get it!

Everything I’ve tried works great so far, i don’t think you have anything to worry about ;-) I find after an hour or so i tend to get a little motion sick, but I’m pretty sensitive to it. It’s only my first night, so I still need to play with settings. Regardless, it’s an incredible experience!

rxstud2011
    Participant

Purchased liked promise with htc vive support! Keep up the good work!

Vadian
    Participant

One caveat regarding ESO: a recent ESO update that removed D3D9 also removed vorpX’s Geometry 3D support for the game. With the current version vorpX can hook it again with the D3D11 renderer, so it’s working to degreee again, but there wasn’t time to check stereo 3d viability yet.

Ah yes, I ran into this while trying to get 3D Vision working the other week. (This was eventually successful, I put in a bit of time on a 3DTV with NVIDIA 3DTV Play. AMD HD3D was a no-go.) Good times! I’ll be happy to do anything I can on this end to help get ESO back up on DX11. I have no practical experience in this arena, but my background is programming and physics. :)

destraudo
    Participant

Just dropping by to say i tried this with bf4 and was reallly reallly pleasantly surprised. i had figured the cinema mode would be good but the full in with head tracking would be vom city but it was actually perfect. only thing i wouldnt try to do in an actual match would be fly a chopper with head tracking. really surprised and excited to try fallout 4 tomorrow.

One thing i would love is a list of the games that specifically support geometry 3d. i think what i had in bf4 was z buffer but honestly dont know.

anywho thus far amazing product.

mitch
    Participant

I purchased VORPX for my HTC Vive too and it is an interesting experience – however, only half of the games I’ve tried are working :

1) GTA V will not work : after seeing the GTA Launcher, I get a message “GTA5.exe not found, please re-install the game”. But that only happens when VORPX is loaded, otherwise it launches fine.
    2) Deus Ex : with all settings to minimum and a very low resolution, I barely get 10 fps (although I have a GTX 980 ti and good CPU too).
    3) Talos Principle : will not launch, I get a “Croteam crash reporter” (but then again, that is only if VORPX is loaded in memory)
    4) Portal 1 and Half Life 2 will simply load normally on my screen and do not even show in the Vive.

Otherwise, Mass Effect 2, Portal 2, Alien Isolation and Mirrors Edge work fine …

I understand we are still Beta but was wondering if anybody had same problem and found a solution ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only the Vive support is beta, not vorpX in general anymore.

Talos Principle: seems to be broken (again) after a patch. Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it. It’s agreat game for VR, but it might just end up being taken from the compatible games list this time. Something similar happened three times already.

DXHR: Please try switching between DX9 and DX11. This is one of the DX11 test cases here. It *should* run with 45fps+ normally with G3D in DX11 with dips below that in some areas.. Maybe Dx9 works better for you though. Also make sure to try the default graphics quality settings and set the resolution to the recommended 1280×1024.

Just checked GTA5, HL2 and Portal to make sure not to say anything wrong. All three worked.

General advice: games not hooking at all are usually a sign of an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Typical candidates are anti virus programs, any sort of GPU/CPU utility, ingame video recording/streaming programs and generally everything that can show notifications in games (like some chat programs for example).

The best way to trouble shoot this is to close/uninstall every background program that would not be there after a fresh Microsoft only Windows install.

mitch
    Participant

Thank you for the quick answer. I will apply your recommendations and come back.

BattleBox
    Participant

Hello,
    been playing Alien Isolation for hours. It runs great in general, but there is some problem with some of the lights/or shadows: it is rendered only “for one eye”. Reducing 3D seperation in geometry mode to 0 eliminates this problem, but of course also the 3d effect. It`s a weird to look at such illuminated objects / walls, and after searching the internet there are many people who have this problem, nvida and ati hardware likewise. and i didnt find any solution. using vive, but problem seems to have already existed on rift dk1/2.

Lexlagger
    Participant

So I tried all 3 dirt games on the list and get no head tracking in car for “head look”, it just kind of moves the screen the opposite way it feels as I look but doesn’t actually turn the drivers head, and only slightly moves the screen.

(Vive) any plans on adding more racing sims? Assetto, or Project Cars, or iRacing, or anything like that? Would love to use the vive with these as long as the “head look” worked. I haven’t tried Rfactor yet but that’s on my lest to try today.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For Codemasters racing sims vorpX can emulate gamepad axes for head tracking. That should be enabled in vorpX already, but you might have to assign the head tracking movement to the according look around option in the game’s input config.

Be aware though that this is rather laggy. A better solution would be OpenTrack which can emulate TrackIR input through head tracking. Not sure though whether it has been updated to the latest Oculus runtime or supports SteamVR yet.

The third option would be to play these games in Virtual Cinema Mode. That’s probably the easiest one, but not 100% immersive. With the “Ambience” scene and the screen moved closer it works quite well though.

Sam123456
    Participant

The developer for opentrack has got both OR 1.3 and OSVR on the to do list.

Cite:
    https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/issues/339
    https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/issues/294

Hopefully opentrack will be able to use these inputs soon.

Ralf: Now that we’ve got Vive and OR support, any chance you’ll start adding new game profiles again? I really want to play IL-2 and Rise of Flight with an HMD.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!