Any news on Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any news on Vive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    jannik
    Participant

Is it still in progress / will it be?

moarveer
    Participant

Yes pls what’s the current status, at 799 I’m getting the Vive for sure over Oculus so I’d really miss not having Vorpx support for Vive.

Rozco24
    Participant

VorpX support for the HTC Vive is also a major factor in if I’ll even invest in VR. I’m sold on the Vive but I have many games like Far Cry 4 and Alien Isolation that I’ve been holding out on playing because I want to play them in VR with a Vive. So yea, I’m also curious on the status of this.

bo3bber
    Participant

Also curious as to present status.

Ralf, did you get a dev-kit from Valve? Seems like if anyone was justified in getting one for free, you would have.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Valve/HTC unfortunately thought otherwise as it seems. I’ll preorder as soon as possible, so leave the first 10 minutes after preorders start to those who really need one. ;)

SirChancelotx
    Participant

The moment the HTC driver hits you will have the greatest freelance salesman lol! =D

Kampinisu
    Participant

[/quote]

Valve/HTC unfortunately thought otherwise as it seems. I’ll preorder as soon as possible, so leave the first 10 minutes after preorders start to those who really need one. ;)

Good to hear that Ralph. I decided to order Vive also and would love to get Vive support. There are tens of thousands of us who want this ;)!

jannik
    Participant

Well, I will get back from work early this monday and try to steal ’em all away from you :P

But I don’t know if I really should get one. Those headsets are so expensive and we can throw them away, if oculus will win the race… Maybe one year later, there will be CV2 versions out and we can put out CV1 into the trash bin.

Further more the content of the Vive is really terrible right now. I even don’t know what to with it. Well, 900 euro for 1 year entertainment and in this year theres no content available…

And ralph, even if you would be the first to get one, it will take months or so to have a new version out which works for vive properly, right?

As a VR enthusiast I probably will get one anyways, :D

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t make any serious prediction without a device, but it sure won’t take months. There is an abstraction layer between the device SDKs and the rest of vorpX for almost everything to make adding new devices as painless as possible, so provided nothing completely unforseen happens (always a possibilty, of course), the Vive implementation shouldn’t be too hard.

moarveer
    Participant

Glad to hear you’re getting one Ralph! I’m skipping Oculus and I’ll get a Vive too, hoping for Vorpx support as soon as possible.

A real pity that Valve/HTC didn’t send you one DK, if there’s something missing for the Vive at launch are games, we’ll barely get a handful and many of them will last for a few hours, only Hover Junkers, Elite, DCS and Live for Speed will do to use Vive for hours from the get go.

Vorpx would be a godsend it this scenario and will probably sell like hotcakes for those like me desperate to have thing to play, I really hope you can port it as soon as possible!

Also if you need people for beta testing I can help and probably many of us around here, just ask.

deflamol
    Participant

Just pre-ordered my Vive, please get vorpX on Vive!

peteski123
    Participant

Hey Ralf,
    I hope you managed to get your pre order in.. Damn shame they didn’t send you one anyway. Most stupid of them unless like Oculus they are trying to Monopolize everything with a Store that limits who can make stuff etc..
    Regards
    Pete

ji3200
    Participant

i hope you make the vorpx user created software so modders can make more games playable in VR. im surprised that you skipped Tom Clancy Rainbow six Siege. That game is perfect for VR co op game. Im already concern about next version of Doom game be compatible or not. I’ve seen lot of people don’t want to buy VR headset because of not enough contents and i also noticed that they actually never heard about Vorpx. Im sure word of mouth will spread wider once CV1 and Vive become mainstream in next year or so. Good luck Ralf and thanks for making wonder Vorpx software!!

grumdark
    Participant

I also pre-ordered my Htc Vive,I would like to have Vorpx support for this device, since at this time, and like many people,I have also decided to skip the rift.
    Cheers.

peteski123
    Participant

Never skip the Rift ;-)
    We would probably not be anywhere as near to a great VR experience if not for the Rift being the first viable solution.
    I sold everything (instructions from the wife) to buy Both pre orders..
    Just posted my beloved Dk2 that I sold also, that was hard…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!