Any news on Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any news on Vive

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Congo1986
    Participant

And adding, the same thing seems to happen on every game I try. Fallout 4 now, and also outlast

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to restart SteamVR and/or your PC.

Congo1986
    Participant

I restarted steam, and my computer. It still seems to be happening, the games are just black, with the game flickering up every now and then. I just reinstalled vorpX, I will try to give it another try tonight

Congo1986
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response by the way Ralf. I can’t wait to get it set up just right! I got that small taste of Oblivion earlier today and it seemed awesome!!

Congo1986
    Participant

Ralf, I think I may have figured it out. Stupidest fix ever. I was holding the hmd up to my face, and my face wasn’t close enough to activate the proximity sensor. I found that when I pushed my face in closer, the game would magically flicker on. Lol, I feel dumb.

Even with that, before I had the hmd strapped to my head when I tried fallout4. I dunno, things seem to be working now, after that one kind of obvious fix. I didn’t even think of it, because steamVR doesn’t do that.

Usvart
    Participant

@Ralf
    As far as I know, the Vive displays 90fps if possible and than there is a gap to 45fps.
    Somewhere I read vorpx sugests a game to run with 60fps, but is this even possible?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX automatically syncs to your headset in the appropriate way. Anything you might have read regarding 60hz is probably from Oculus DK1 days a long time ago. You don’t have to care about refresh rate.

Weretiger
    Participant

LAST NIGHT WAS MY BEST VR EXPERIENCE EVER. Had to throw up afterwards tho, it really is nauseating. But man… WORTH IT.

DoctorDigital
    Participant

THANK YOU FOR VIVE SUPPORT! :-)

Fredthehound
    Participant

Think of it as all the fun of a good drunk without pounding your liver as badly ;)

destraudo
    Participant

Many thanks for vive support Ralf. been waiting for this. may i ask, is there an ideal resolution that games should be set to to use it best for vive in full 3d and or in theatre mode?

Ralf
    Keymaster

For full VR choose a 5:4 or 4:3 resolution. 1280×1024 looks pretty nice usually while still being fast. If your PC can handle it for a game at 45fps minimum, choose 1600×1200. The higher the better, but you need to make sure that 45fps are maintained on Vive. The Rift is more forgiving in this regard.

For Virtual Cinema Mode personally I would use a 16:10 res if possible (e.g. 1600×1024), definitely some wide screen res.

destraudo
    Participant

many thanks. saving the info

Lexlagger
    Participant

As promised I purchased today! Thank you for getting the Vive support rolling. This head set war started by Oculus is ridiculous. It’s like they are trying to kill VR before it even starts…. From leader to destructor haha (If you live long enough you become the bad guy?) Anyway, thanks Ralph. Keep up the good work and I’ll be sending you more business as I have some friends who have picked up some Vives as well.

destraudo
    Participant

last question i promise. Is it important to have v sync off/ v sync on for this.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!