Any news on Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any news on Vive

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    bigwalt3898
    Participant

You can have my axe, and by that I mean my money,blood or first born child or whatever it takes to make it happen lol. Seems so weird that ralph of all people didn’t get a pre? yet you can go to youtube and see all these unknown people playing with it purely for fun.

WarMachine
    Participant

I know you already said your working on it as soon as you get it. Just gonna add my name to the list of those that want a Vive version as well.

poppers_penguins
    Participant

Adding myself to the list of people that will purchase this the moment I get my Vive (sometime in May unfortunately) along with free advertising lol. Instant share on social media.

Papa Plastic
    Participant

Very much looking forward to Vive support!
    Keep up the hard work Ralf!

Bloodydrake
    Participant

+1 purchase if/once you get Vive support,which doesn’t arrive till May unfortuntely :(

jespertheend
    Participant

Hey Ralf,

I understand that it’s impossible to develop an application for a device you don’t own. But you could maybe get a head start by implementing vr support using the open vr api?
    Since steamvr also works on oculus rift.

jannik
    Participant

Ralph, since we all waited for you to order your vive first, I hope you already received your shipping confirmation? :P

Unfortunately I had huge trouble and wasn’t able to finish in the first ten minutes. Paypal kept disrupting my order, thats why it took 20 minutes for me. So I guess, I will be happy to have it by end of april :P

doctorcrypto
    Participant

Hey Ralf,

Can you make it so that downloading and installing the oculus runtime is not required for us (soon to be) vive users. Various spyware type concerns are being raised about it on reddit.

Thx,

Angrysloth
    Participant

Hey Ralf,

Can you make it so that downloading and installing the oculus runtime is not required for us (soon to be) vive users. Various spyware type concerns are being raised about it on reddit.

Thx,

No need to slow vive vorpex development by this as for now Oculus does not spy or send any data to facebook yet that you would care about.

Nothing super secret, things like your ‘entitlement’ key, a unique ID for your PC, audio settings details, the last time you ran the software, Your real name, your Oculus account name and games you have installed from oculus store.

But in future it is risk that should be removed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The automatic runtime install will not happen anymore in the future.

This was mainly done to avoid huge amounts of support requests during the Oculus runtime 0.x phase which frequently broke compatibilty with prior runtimes. It will be removed now that things are supposed to be more stable.

EarthlingKira
    Participant

+1, as a vive user I’m waiting for vive support to buy VorpX :)

SirChancelotx
    Participant

I should be getting my Vive today, went ahead and purchased Vorpx, registration good to go. Any news on when you might be receiving your Vive Ralf?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I received an e-mail from HTC a few days ago stating that my order is being processed, but haven’t heard anything more concrete since then.

SirChancelotx
    Participant

Nooooooo! ;) well I will be cheering for ya Ralf. I hope your shipment arrives soon. Are there any Vive games you are looking forward to playing?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I think about that once the vorpX Oculus 1.3 update is out and vorpX is working with the Vive. Not much time to actually play anything (besides testing) currently…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!