Death Stranding

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Death Stranding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Anyone know if it uses the same engine as MGS5, and therefore won’t be workable when it comes out on July 15th?

steph12
    Participant

https://deathstranding.fandom.com/wiki/Decima#:~:text=The%20Decima%20engine%20is%20a,software%20and%20powers%20Death%20Stranding.

decima engine, unsupported engine by vorpx if i’m not wrong, however i already been able in the past to run unsupported game engine in Z3D mode with other engine profiles games, dont ask me why it worked, that’s just vorpx magic i believe ^^

for death stranding i will also try to find a profile working with at least Z3D. maybe i wont get lucky, maybe i will :p

jjensson
    Participant

I’d be interested as well!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I would be interested too, must be that soft spot for unpopular indie games I’m suffering from. Let me know if/when you get it working.

Seriously: when a AAA game of such a caliber comes out, you can be relatively sure that it will at least be evaluated. Whether things pan out in the end is a different question, of course. So – most of you probably guessed that – as always: no promises.

Unrelated, but this seems like another good opportunity to mention that creating user profiles is no rocket science. If you can’t find a profile for a game which doesn’t happen to be a AAA game that will be checked out anyway, you can always try yourself. For long time users who know their way around there is no real excuse not to try. ;) The ‘User Profiles’ section in the help has a short introduction on the matter.

capnkimo
    Participant

God I’m hoping for a good vorpx profile, Death Stranding would be amazing in VR.
    I also share my sentiments with Ralf that indie games are more for me, mainstream gaming has gotten boring for me. Very refreshing to see a AAA title like Death Stranding break the mainstream mold.

rtoast
    Participant

On a side note, Horizon Zero Dawn runs on the same engine, so if anyone gets it working it could be a two birds one stone situation

Picdelag
    Participant

Hi guys!

The game is now out.

Any news on a Vorpx profile?

dborosev
    Participant

I’m waiting for some other sucker to do all the hard work to buy the game. Its on my short list for now, but I’ll be looking into this one in the next couple of weeks. I’m pretty busy, but maybe someone else will have taken a stab by then.
    :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m afraid in this special case I’m the only other sucker miracle worker who will be able to shed light on the matter since DX12 support currently is pretty much limited to Red Dead Redemption 2. I’ll know more shortly.

capnkimo
    Participant

fingers crossed

Picdelag
    Participant

Please suck… master!

dborosev
    Participant

Its probably a good thing these dx12 games are trickling in. Gives Ralf time and practice to work up to the real grand finale (pst…ahem… Cyberpunk 2077) ;P Ralf never hears that from me lol- he’ll have to shoot me with a tranquilizer gun on game day. ;P Just kidding Ralf, I’ll be chill, promise.

But I can imagine how good the visuals of Death Stranding will look in Z3D even, if it ends up working.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No dice with the first try. vorpX attaches, but then the game exits at some point without any useful hint in the logfile why it exits.

The semi-good news: too early to tell whether that’s an solvable issue or some anti-cheat measure. The game runs fine with vorpX attached while vorpX doesn’t really do anything, so there is some hope.

Ralf
    Keymaster

OK, the very basics are working (game in 2D in the headset), and there also *might* be a way to circumvent the exit with anything more, but checking that will cost at least a day. Chances are 50:50 at his point, I’ll take a closer look sometime next week.

slydog43
    Participant

Great news

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!