Death Stranding

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Death Stranding

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Ice
    Participant

Have you tried a different desktop resolution? I couldn’t get it to work with 4k, but with 1080p and 1440p it works fine. Remember, the first time it will crash, but if you keep trying it will eventually hook.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You probably just got lucky when it worked. The game now exits itself whenever vorpX loads d3d12 before the game does, which normally shouldn‘t matter at all (and didn‘t until recently). Every now and then you might get lucky and vorpX is hooking late enough. The exact reason for this fairly odd new behavior is a bit unclear to me, but the next vorpX update will come with a modified init routine that accounts for the issue.

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Adding myself to this thread. Having the exact same problem mentioned here: Death Stranding won’t hook any way I try, Horizon hooks up just fine. Haven’t tried Ice’s trick yet, will try later and report.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Will work again in the next vorpX version, the issue is caused by a recent Windows update. More details in this post on the last page of the thread.

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Thanks as always Ralf! Forgot to tell you I’ve got hold of a RTX 3090 and a new PC now, arriving April 15. So the wait until next version does not bother me at the moment :D

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

is the new version 21.1.1 the one that fixes the Death Stranding hookup problem? Or after that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next version is 21.2.0. Thanks for your patience.

bjr84
    Participant

Hey Ralf :)

From my read, the next version (21.2.0) should have a fix of this hooking issue with Death Stranding? Are you able to share a general timeline on the update? Weeks, months? Just to know!

Not to push you/the team, or anything :)

Thank you kindly for your efforts!

Ben

Ralf
    Keymaster

As any cautious developer I can only answer that with: hope for days, but prepare for decades. :)

Seriously: if all goes well it will indeed just be a few days, but don’t get too disappointed if it takes until after Easter. I’m currently in the testing stage, always possible that some last minute show stopper comes up that causes a delay.

bjr84
    Participant

Thank you :)

LuigiChoolis
    Participant

That sounds awesome Ralf :D As always, thanks for your efforts and great communication :D

Saberstaff1
    Participant

I got death stranding to well in vorpx but I can’t seem to pull up the vorpx menu with a xbox controller any help ?

ikolloki
    Participant

what means “change hjeadset type to steamVR”?? I launche the game with steamvr but I still have DX12 error message and game still dont hook.

jjensson
    Participant

In the VorpX driver settings (tray icon) you can set the headset type to Oculus, SteamVR or Generic (AFAIR).

ToxicMike
    Participant

I got death stranding to well in vorpx but I can’t seem to pull up the vorpx menu with a xbox controller any help ?

i am playing it with a ps-controller and i wasn´t trying it with an xbox-controller yet, but i guess you already changed the default thumbstick-buttonpress for vorpX menu to a button on the keyboard and tried again?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!