Death Stranding

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Death Stranding

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Laser
    Participant

So this works only in steamvr mode and not in openxr?
    Also for the next update can you add Deathstranding.exe to the process list, since the egs version uses that instead of ds.exe.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t check the OpenXR issue currently, but theoretically it should work in OpenXR too. If it doesn’t, please use SteamVR for the time being.

Thanks for the Epic .exe hint. Will be added for the next database update.

Laser
    Participant

Thanks could be only problem on my end too, since there are other games I have problem getting hooked like Control didn´t work for me in steamvr or openxr.

But performance wasn´t that bad with steamvr on Death Stranding so I will use that mode for now.

Laser
    Participant

Death Stranding works now with openxr, most likely the issue was with dated Radeon software/driver. Still couldn´t get Control to hook but I have to try that later again.

Twinguistics
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m brand new to Vorpx and wanted to try Death Stranding as my first game. Is it broken? It just hangs at attaching and won’t hook into the game.

I’d appreciate any help as I’m really new to this and barely understand how any of it works.

Thanks!

Laser
    Participant

What headset are you using? I had some trouble getting it to work initially but it should work. Maybe test some other “easier” to hook games first before Death Stranding. Also make sure you have the correct headset/runtime selected in vorpx menu.

Twinguistics
    Participant

I’m using a rift cv1.

I’ve tried with the Oculus headset and also with steam as per the suggestion above.

What’s runtime?

I’ve managed to get Tony Hawk’s Pro skater 1&2 remake working and that doesn’t even have a profile and I’ve run little Nightmares no problem.

I have the Epic game store version if that makes a difference?

Laser
    Participant

Epic game store version uses different .exe so you need to make a copy of the default Death Stranding profile (in vorpx) and add the deathstranding.exe to it.

Twinguistics
    Participant

Ok thanks. How on earth do I do that? None of this is explained anywhere.

How do I add the exe to it?

Laser
    Participant

From vorpx configuration
    1. Local Profiles (3rd tab on the list)
    2. Search for death stranding and select it
    3. Create new profile based on this one
    4. Add the .exe file either by searching from the the install folder or you can launch the game first and the add the running process.

Im also suggesting checking some vorpx tutorials on youtube to get a better understanding of the features. For example https://youtu.be/6GaYtqg9-tA

Twinguistics
    Participant

From vorpx configuration
    1. Local Profiles (3rd tab on the list)
    2. Search for death stranding and select it
    3. Create new profile based on this one
    4. Add the .exe file either by searching from the the install folder or you can launch the game first and the add the running process.

Thanks! I got it working using the above and it now works great. Think I’ll be playing via vorpx for a while now then

Really think the advice regarding EGS games should be more prominent somewhere.

Laser
    Participant

Well its just a general thing to check when running a game from a another store that the .exe is the same name. I don´t have any idea why different stores might use different .exe files since the game is otherwise identical. Demo versions also might have different names than the base game.

Twinguistics
    Participant

Well its just a general thing to check when running a game from a another store that the .exe is the same name. I don´t have any idea why different stores might use different .exe files since the game is otherwise identical. Demo versions also might have different names than the base game.

That’s my point – how does a new user know that’s it’s a “general thing” to check the exe file and then add it? It’s not in any help text that I’ve seen.

It’s hardly just general knowledge for the general public. Maybe you know to check that but tons of people like me wouldn’t.

Laser
    Participant

Vorpx not hooking to this anymore, maybe the directors cut changed somethings? Anyone else that can check if it still hooks?

Laser
    Participant

Nevermind the previous post, I had a fresh vorpx install without custom profile to add deathstranding.exe to hook it up, both versions hook normally.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!