Death Stranding

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Death Stranding

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case you overlooked it, please check the reply two posts above yours. There isn’t really anything else to recommend than that.

Ogrescar
    Participant

As I recall, if you have dlss turned on in the game’s graphics settings it will prevent the game from hooking, or cause it to crash later on. Anyway, just something else to look for.

Ice
    Participant

Can someone please check if Death Stranding on Steam version 1.06 hooks for them? I can’t get it to hook, it crashes on launch, so if someone that got it working before could check if it happens to them too would be nice.

I’d appreciate it.

Ice
    Participant

I see now that on the 17th of December they removed Denuvo from the exe, could that be the reason for it not to hook anymore?

Ice
    Participant

Okay, after a bit more testing I noticed that it hooks great with the Horizon Zero Dawn profile. It leads to my conclusion that there is something wrong with this profile.

Now is there a big difference between the two profiles in 3d effect and image quality or are they practically the same?

I hope this information helps.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I can confirm that version 1.06 can’t be hooked with the official profile. Whether it’s because of changes to the game (the .exe file is 88% smaller than the copy of v1.02 I kept) or due to KB4598298, which “changes the way DirectX 12 runtime components load by splitting the d3d12.dll binary into two pieces: d3d12.dll and d3d12core.dll”, I don’t know – the vorpx error log has lots of entries about expecting d3d12 but finding d3d12core.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can safely ignore these messages, those are not errors. They are perfectly normal and expected since MS moved the actual implementation from d3d12.dll to d3d12core.dll.

I can confirm though that the latest game version exits itself after a short while with vorpX loaded. Interesting enough without any error at all. Maybe they added some custom anticheat mechanism when they removed Denuvo, just a guess though. I have removed the game from the supported games list for the time being. Will dig a bit deeper later, but since there is no actual error I‘m not overly optimistic.

Ice
    Participant

Strangely enough, if I make a copy of the ds.exe and rename it, then add it to a copy of the horizon zero dawn profile it works, but only after usually two tries and only with certain resolutions. 4k never works for me, while 1080p and 1440p hooks after two consecutive tries. Any ideas why this seem to work?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The issue somehow seems to be related to the recently introduced d3d12.dll split. I just did a few tweaks to the D3D12 hooking routine to avoid the misleading log messages Ogrescar mentioned above. Very much to my own surprise that did also fix Death Stranding hooking although all hooked addresses in d3d12core.dll are exactly the same as without the tweaks. Fairly odd. Anyway, not sure why, but it will work again in the next vorpX version.

If you are still on Windows 10 1903 or 1909, you might be able to uninstall the optional KB4598298 Windows update that introduced the d3d12.dll split, although I’m not really sure about that. For the newer Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 versions the change apparently was part of a mandatory update, so no way to revert the change in these cases as far as I can tell.

matteo39
    Participant

please i want to play with vorpx in death stranding, v.1.06 won’t hook, i wait

Ice
    Participant

If you are really impatient then you can try a copy of the horizon zero dawn profile and a renamed copy of the death stranding ds.exe

matteo39
    Participant

If you are really impatient then you can try a copy of the horizon zero dawn profile and a renamed copy of the death stranding ds.exe

I’VE TRIED But won’t hook

Ralf
    Keymaster

Didn’t work for me either. If you are affected by the issue caused by the d3d12.dll split that Microsoft recently introduced, you will have to wait for the next vorpX update.

matteo39
    Participant

ok, thank you ralf

matteo39
    Participant

ok, thank you ralf

when new vorpx update come out?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!