Death Stranding

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Death Stranding

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Picdelag
    Participant

Yeah thanks a lot Ralf!

I’m waiting here if you can post your progress i will be happy!
    I hope it will work.

Maybe too earlier to ask but : if working, DLSS will be usable with it of course?

dborosev
    Participant

Great to see VorpX possibly evolving and getting better! Few products are as well supported and adaptable as VorpX.

So many new games are looking astounding in 3D!

jjensson
    Participant

Wow, very exciting!

I doubt that anyone at Sony will read this, but if they have implemented such draconian DRM that it prevents VorpX from working, i’ll never buy Death Stranding. Can’t enjoy flat games anymore… []-)

PhiMX
    Participant

Yeah, Sony is known for their over the board DRM or even rootkits in their products…

But seriously, I think they use Denuvo with this one plus the normal Steam stuff.
    It´s not yet been cracked btw, but that is another topic we won´t further discuss here.

I just also tried to fiddle with DS and Vorpx, but no luck so far.

Picdelag
    Participant

Hi guys!

Have you some happy news since Ralf?

ji3200
    Participant

Please Ralf add Distance and Curve option for Immersive screen mode. Big Screen and Virtual Desktops has it but why not Vorpx? you know screen looks so much bigger with adding Distance and Curve option.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Both options are available since cinema mode has been implemented years ago. There is a ‘More Settings’ button below the basic screen settings.

FATHER
    Participant

I can’t get Death Stranding to run successfully at all. :(
    I’m running latest and using the official VorpX profile with an Oculus Rift S.

The hooking to ds.exe popup appears, but then the game just closes. No error or anything. Tried switching HMD settings between Oculus and SteamVR but something is up. What am I doing wrong?

dborosev
    Participant

No idea, but tech support is the place to post it.

Baktus
    Participant

With i7 and gtx 1060 im from yesterday, ds is not running smoothly even on low settings and resolution, and its z3d :(

dborosev
    Participant

I have i7 and 1080ti, and it runs 50+fps at decent res.

FATHER
    Participant

How is anyone running this properly without Denuvo triggering? I’d love to understand how this is even possible.

The retail Steam build (1.04 now) still immediately exits for me. Sad trumpet noises

Ralf
    Keymaster

(As usual) the profile was created using the Steam version, also no other reports like this until now. Denuvo doesn’t prevent vorpX from hooking into games normally. The only Denuvo related issue so far I noticed occasionally were longer loading times in a handful of games when starting them with vorpX (e.g. Dishonored 2 was quite extreme when it still had Denuvo). That wasn’t an issue here though.

I’ll re-check the latest game version and let you know if anything changed.

If you happen to use an Oculus headset, make sure to switch vorpX to SteamVR as suggested by the message that pops up when you launch the game with vorpX in native Oculus mode. DX12 games currently crash with native Oculus.

Apart from that: if you haven’t done so already, please check the pinned trouble shooting guide in the ‘Technical Support’ sub forum (or in the vorpX help). Your issue might be related to some overzealous AV program or another hooking conflict.

Edit: Still working here with the latest game version.

FATHER
    Participant

Good to know Ralf, thanks for responding like this. I’ll check it out again tonight to see if I can track down the culprit.

nergen
    Participant

I hoped to play death stranding but have the same issue.
    I launch the game in steam(or from folder ds.exe) vorpx popup message that it attaches to ds.exe and them game just doesn’t start
    The only difference with video where someone played is that steam wrote me “Death stranding doesn’t support VR” on launch instead of “Death stranding will launch into an environment in your VR HMD…” which I saw on this video: https://youtu.be/wA5sCoxWe5Y.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!