Farming Simulator 22 issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Farming Simulator 22 issues

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    zhdun
    Participant

Thank you for updating @Ralf, will try it.

About this:

A word of advice: the biggest advantage of G3D is positional tracking. Aside from that for the most part it only is more correct at distances closer than a meter or so to the camera, at least when dialed in realistically. So if you play seated and thus might not really need 6DOF tracking, think twice whether the G3D performance impact is worth it for you. Might make more sense to let your brain adapt to how Z3D looks at close range instead. Shouldn’t take too long.

I see your point, and I can agree to certain point. It strongly depends on the way you playing it. There are casual players who prefer playing it mostly using the orbit camera looking at the machines from the outside and not really needing 6DOF. And then there are players who are taking the term “simulator” literally and playing it mostly (if not always) using the inside cockpit camera. For the orbit camera style of playing Z3D is probably the better option for the reasons you mentioned. But for the “simulator” crowd like me, playing it only from the cabin, 6DOF and G3D makes a huge difference. It’s just a much higher level of immersion compared to Z3D. The tractor cabin is small, and there you actually see great difference. It adds so much value for me that I am willing to take the performance hit and reduce graphics and render resolution, switch to D11 and even use TAA instead of DLSS. Its a sacrifice no doubt, but for many simulator style players certainly worth it.

Much appreciated, going now to test the new profile.

zhdun
    Participant

OK i tested it. Geometry works for now!

But i have a weird problem now. The performance is actually very good. Im getting 60 fps stable. At least when im not moving. If i just sit in the tractor and look around the cockpit it remains stable at 60 fps. As soon i start driving im getting heavy micro-stutters. Its freezing everything for a second every 5 seconds. Im trying to figure out what causes it, but it seems not to be a busy GPU. No matter what graphics settings and resolution i chose, from lowest possible to highest possible it behaves like that. Ive noticed the stuttering becomes less often after a while. Also it seems to appear when objects (like trees) come into visual LOD distance and are being rendered first time. Then it freezes for about a second. As you drive there are always objects spawning on the edge of the LOD distance and therefore its causing these freezes when you move. As long i don’t move, and no new objects are being rendered in, it stays stable nice at 60 fps.

zhdun
    Participant

Noticed the stuttering is worst right in the beginning and becomes less often after a while. Then maybe every 15 seconds but still happens. I didn’t see it with Z3D. Also didn’t see it with Geometry in FS19. My specs: Rayzen 7 3700, RTX3070, 32 GB DDR4, Valve Index. Tried playing with settings of vorpx and steamVR, but couldn’t yet resolve it.

zhdun
    Participant

Me again :-)
    @Ralf honestly I doubt already this issue is related to vorpx at all. It certainly freezing when the game loads new objects. The longer i play it the less frequently it happens. After few minutes it doesn’t happen anymore at places where i have already been driving around. Only when I go somewhere where I wasn’t in the current session it starts again when loading new objects. Returning to places where i have already loaded everything, all fine again. Guess it is a game issue, maybe with DX11. After all it was just released, could be some silly bug.

zhdun
    Participant

Anyway its basically well playable once the stuttering stops. Performance much better then in FS19. I can crank up everything, go with 2k and still staying over 50 fps while load on GPU und CPU is staying below 100% mostly. Looks amazing and performs quite well.

jenseits94
    Participant

@Ralf after disabling DLSS it worked for me too

Hi zhdun, I also use a Valve Index (but with an i7 8700k and RTX 3090). What settings in the game (resolution and FOV), steam vr and in Vorpx do you use?

– In steam vr I’m using 100% SS, 120 Hz with locked 30 fps in game (reprojection)
    – In game I use 90° FOV and 1600×1200 resolution
    – In Vorpx I use 1:1 pixel ratio with 3D factor 1,2

Would be nice to know what other people with the Index are using.

Best

zhdun
    Participant

Hi jenseits

I have almost similar settings, but i decided to opt for next higher 4:3 resolution instead of upscaling. If i remember it right its 1920×1440 per eye with 100% render scale. Seems to getting slightly better quality with about same performance compared to 1600×1200 and increased render scale.

zhdun
    Participant

@Ralf

Nevermind about the micro stuttering, this is definetelly an issue with the game, not with vorpx. It happens also when playing on screen without vorpx and is also being reported by many people on steam forums. Seems to have something to do building of shader cache.

Weird though i only have this since switching to DX11. However this is really not a big issue. It stabilizes itself after about 5 minutes and then running smooth and stable without any stuttering.

Thank you again for sharing and updating the profile. It works quite well, im happy with it.
    Question: Can we expect support for DX12 and/or DLSS sometime in the feature too?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Seems to have something to do building of shader cache.

That was also my guess. Or maybe asset loading in general. As far as I can tell it should usually go away after a short while. Also not really surprising. Why would they optimize a renderpath that they don’t even offer officially anymore.

As far as your question is concerned: being a software developer yourself, I’m sure you understand why I won’t comment on any questions regarding future development.

zhdun
    Participant

As far as your question is concerned: being a software developer yourself, I’m sure you understand why I won’t comment on any questions regarding future development.

I do, but – worth trying :-)

zhdun
    Participant

Though, im in a different kind of business. First we sell something, then we build and deliver it according to the contract. Our customers know exactly what they can expect and when they can expect it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if you never had to manage announcements to a larger crowd, which isn’t exactly the same as talking to a single customer while outlining a joint project.

Also your customers probably pay a tiny, tiny little bit more than $40, almost certainly partially upfront, so it would be fairly odd if you wouldn’t let them know what they actually get for their money later. Provided that’s not mysteriously twice as much in the end as they originally agreed to, as it’s so often the case with IT projects of all kinds. ;)

You on the other hand already got what you paid for, potentially years ago, and now expect detailed information about updates that are provided to you for free entirely on a goodwill basis. Not quite the same thing.

zhdun
    Participant

Hehe almost Ralf, we are building laboratory software and custom solutions for pharma giants and chemical industry. Laboratory automation, cloud based analytical data mining, archiving etc… Big business, they know exactly what they want and pay millions for their dreams, as they save even more millions with custom solutions to their every day business. But I don’t mind really, after all I didn’t pay a fortune yet for your work that I really appreciate anyway.

Ralf
    Keymaster

My deepest condolences. A world I happily left behind 10 years ago.

zhdun
    Participant

Well, im probably not going to do that for the whole life, I would rather like to freelance, but big business pays well and I need the cash :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!