Farming Simulator 22 issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Farming Simulator 22 issues

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

A higher actual res is indeed better than using a scaling factor since the latter maens the image gets downscaled to the target res before vorpX grabs the image. The slight scaling set by vorpX automatically is mostly for those who don’t want to tinker with resolution. You’d be surprised how many people aren’t really aware of how resolution and image quality correlate.

DLSS: Usually works for Z3D, but not for G3D most of the time. I have looking into that on my nice-to-have list, but realistically I can’t tell when I get to that.

subroutine
    Participant

Ok, thanks again. DLSS does give a good fps boost even when set to quality unless that is because only one eye is displaying of course.

subroutine
    Participant

I’ve tried mouse tracking because trackir does increase stutter but when I look up beyond a certain point, the whole view moves aswell. So it seems to raise the default seat view up. That doesn’t seem right Ralf ?

porschecarrera960
    Participant

I have wasted way too much time trying to get this to work. I choose the FarmingSimulator2022 Profile, it hooks fine, gets to the FS22 splash screen and then crashes. I have tried every setting in the VorpX general settings.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like there might be a conflict with some other program that also hooks into games. When multiple programs hook into the same functions all sorts of issues can arise, crashes included. Typical candidates would e.g. be GPU/CPU tools, FPS counter, chat programs, basically everything that can show an overlay in games.

The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has a few more details of the matter.

bradsena
    Participant

Hi!
    I just got a Quest 2 and bought VORPX to use with FS22; connection was easy but I got a problem.
    I’m using last version of VEORPX and the default FS22 profile.
    There seems to bee a problem with resolution and/or FOV; the view looks squeezed from the sides: wheels are ovales, squares become rectangles. I used the default set resolution and tried with a custom res of 1832×1920 but it didn’t change.

Also, once inside a vehicle the foreground and background did not move relatively as they should and it is really vomiting!

What should I do to solve this issue??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to run the game windowed instead of full screen. Some games internally squish/stretch the image if the game aspect ratio doesn’t match the desktop aspect ratio in fullscreen mode.

Vivien_Hardgas
    Participant

hello i got the quest 2 and vorpx and the game looks really pixelated and not what i thought to see.

the normal profile setted the ingame res to 2048×1536 sind its the highest res ingame with a 4:3 ratio. i also cranked up all the grafic settings to highest possible

any tip on getting a better image quality? my amd driver (22.3.2) dont wont to give me some cutroms resulutions.

AirFoxTwo
    Participant

Hi,

what can we do to fix the camera issues already told by “subroutine”.
    The cabin camera in fs 22 is not free in all directions, so if you raise your head up, it will stuck there and this feels very odd.

Can we make a mod for this?

subroutine
    Participant

Ok, thanks again. DLSS does give a good fps boost even when set to quality unless that is because only one eye is displaying of course.

DLSS: Usually works for Z3D, but not for G3D most of the time. I have looking into that on my nice-to-have list, but realistically I can’t tell when I get to that.

Also mentioned here –

Farming Simulator 22

@Ralf

Do you think there’s any chance you might get DLSS working with G3D or is it still way down your todo list ?

PCVR1
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m trying to implement Farming Sim 22 VorpX into the curriculum at the college I work at to give people a basic idea of what agricultural equipment is like before they actually get in any, however I have an issue where once in VR mode I can’t see the HUD. I’ve tried rescaling it both in the game settings and VorpX settings however it moves with my eyes so it’s always out of frame. Is there a way to shrink the HUD safezone at all to make it visible?

Cheers

Ralf
    Keymaster

HUD scaling is only working when running the game in DX11 mode. vorpX should enable DX11 automatically, but a recent nVidia driver update causes many games to crash on exit while something is hooked on exit, which breaks auto settings in affected games, so you might have to make sure the game isrunning in DX11 manually currently.

Alternatively you can revert to a slightly older nVidia driver from February that doesn’t have this bug.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/199654/en-us/

PCVR1
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

The game is already running in DX11 and I’ve tried running it with the suggested display drivers however now the game opens and runs on the screen, but the VR goggles do not display the game anymore. It worked once, and the HUD scaling still didn’t change and the “G3D” setting everyone says to use was missing – I just have the option for ‘off’, ‘Z-Normal’, and ‘Z-‘ something else. It now however wont open in VR anymore, despite the VorpX ‘Attaching’ message appearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if vorpX can’t load the profile for the game.

Might also be this extremely weird issue that popped up a few times recently:

Third time within a few weeks that this error pops up. Super weird. The first user with this issue could track it down to their C:\ProgramData folder being inaccessible for some apps/games for whatever reason, so that games tried to load the vorpX config data from a hidden virtual store folder that Windows creates in some cases instead of loading the actual file with the stored config from C:\ProgramData.

You can check that by browsing to ‘C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore’. If this folder contains a subfolder named ‘ProgramData\Animation Labs’ something is severly wrong. Move the ‘Animation Labs’ sub folder to C:\ProgramData in that case. It should only exist in C:\ProgramData, not in the virtual store.

IMPORTANT: ‘Show hidden files’ MUST be enabled in the Explorer options to see any of the folders mentioned above.

PCVR1
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I’ve had a look in that folder and it is empty unfortunately, there’s nothing in it at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!