Farming Simulator 22 issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Farming Simulator 22 issues

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    subroutine
    Participant

FS19 was the same, stuttering until the map had been explored and FS22 is the same. If you change any graphics settings, the same applies and I think it is probably cache related. My system, 5800x/3800ti is running 50 to 90fps, 1920×1440, very high setting with mirrors off. Mirrors really hit fps, cause stutter and for me in cab view, add nothing anyway. I have a quest2 and for some reason, I have to select openxr rather than oculus as the device otherwise I get micro stutter when turning corners in vehicles. I’ve locked the frame rate at 45, ASW enabled via the oculus debug tool for a near constant smooth experience. FS22 runs much better than FS19 did with vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the mirror hint. Guess I’ll auto disable those if possible, at least with G3D, for performance reasons then.

With FS2019 there always was a weird issue where every few seconds it looked as if an older frame was shown again instead of the current one. Never could get to the bottom of that. That’s completely gone with FS2022, both DX11 and DX12. So it should indeed work quite well once the initial loading stutter is gone.

zhdun
    Participant

Yes mirrors cost some fps which does not really surprise. They are also not really useful, they are zoomed too much. I don’t miss anything without them.
    Also i have noticed much better performance in FS22 compared to FS19.

Kulminaatio
    Participant

Havent used vorpx for a while and now i cant find the option in vorpx menu for the “invert mouse look” – or whatever it was called. Has this option been removed or is it just missing for fs22? Im pretty sure it was in when i was playing fs19 with vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The setting is on the ‘Head Tracking’ page of the vorpX menu.

Kulminaatio
    Participant

Hmmm.. I just cant find it anymore!? I mean the option, that if I use invert mouse in the game options – as I would like to do – my hmd y-axis would still be normal. Is that an option anymore?

subroutine
    Participant

Hi @Ralf

I know we aren’t using an official profile yet because you said that had to be done during the next vorpx update but I have a couple of questions.

Selecting the oculus API and forced 45fps ASW does not work (locks 45fps but stutters/double vision, no ASW) but it does work fine using the openxr API. Would there be any reason for that ? openxr has this bug when using it –
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/White-horizontal-stripe-across-screen-while-using-link/m-p/848398#M30934
    That’s why I’m asking.

Also, would you recommend using trackir or mouse tracking ? Trackir seems to give a pulsing on the fps during sharp turns every second. Mouse tracking is a pain because if you move the mouse or access menus, the seating position changes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Forcing Oculus to 45fps doesn’t really work well indeed. vorpX comes with its own frame interpolation that works best when the headset itself runs at its full refresh rate, i.e. the second number in the ALT+F FPS counter should ideally always to 90 (or whatever your headset’s refresh rate is).

You can however use vorpX’s FluidSync option to lock the game framerate to half. That can feel smoother then fluctuating game frame rates.

Mouse/TrackIR currently is more a less a matter of taste. Currently one works better on foot while the other is better in vehicles. The next vorpX will resolve this conflict and be able to properly work on foot with TrackIR enabled.

subroutine
    Participant

Thanks Ralf. I’ll see what the next update brings.

Ralf
    Keymaster

A small in-between-updates-update(tm) has been released that allows to use TrackIR tracking in vehicles without breaking the mouse emulation head tracking on foot.

subroutine
    Participant

Thank You. I downloaded the temp profile when you created it so is this new profile part of the update rather than having to be downloaded again ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Resetting the profile to default in the vorpX menu should suffice. Profiles have two parts: a system part, which gets always replaced and a user settings part that normally stays intact after an update.

In this case a full profile reset is required though to set up TrackIR correctly. I forgot to set a flag that enforces the reset, so you have to do it manually.

subroutine
    Participant

Does this still require the DX11 ini hack ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

DX11 is required for G3D. VorpX should take care of that automatically now.

subroutine
    Participant

It works fine now thank you. Is there any reason why the default res is 1600×1200 @ 120% scaling because I’m finding the performance better at 1920×1440 @ 100% scaling. Any scaling above 100% kills performance for my system, 5800x, 3080ti.
    Also, is DLAA or DLSS ever likely to work ? It’s only displaying in the left eye currently.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!