Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Huuh? The uninstaller only removes files that the installer actually installed before. I have uninstalled the mod countless times on both the Steam and the GOG version of the game.

If you have other mods installed that rely on Cyber Engine Tweaks, as a precaution you might want to copy that manually over again after uninstalling the VR mod, but normally that shouldn’t be necessary.

Hoshi82
    Participant

It just won’t start anymore. When I install the mod back again, it works. Deinstalling, it doesn’t.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Is that replicable? I.e. does it always happen?

Hoshi82
    Participant

Is that replicable? I.e. does it always happen?

Yes it does. Tried it 3 times now. One last thing I want to try is, setting the ingame video/graphic settings back to standart. Setting resolution to phenomenal in the vr tool changed the resolution to a odd value, also fov was beeing able to cramp way beyond 125°. Dunno if this messed up the game, when deinstalling.

—-
    Nope, nothing helped. Removed all mods and changes. Guess I need to redownload again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Super weird. The only potential issue I can really imagine here is some issue with the ‘Cyber Engine Tweaks’ modding framework. That’s used by many mods, not just the VR mod. The installer doesn’t touch any files that belong to the actual game.

Hoshi82
    Participant

Removed CET and all other mods which worked fine before I installed the VR mod.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m out of ideas then sorry. All the installer does is copying the mod files (including CET if not already present). The uninstaller later only removes files that the installer installed before. It doesn’t change any game files.

Hoshi82
    Participant

I am out of ideas too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

What you can do if for some reason the uninstaller behaves odd for you and you want to switch between the mod and monitor gaming is disabling the mod like a manually installed one. Just remove the vpxCP2077.asi from your [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins folder and the vpxCP2077 folder from [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods.

Probably some weird conflict with another mod you have installed.

Hoshi82
    Participant

What you can do if for some reason the uninstaller behaves odd for you and you want to switch between the mod and monitor gaming is disabling the mod like a manually installed one. Just remove the vpxCP2077.asi from your [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins folder and the vpxCP2077 folder from [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods.

Probably some weird conflict with another mod you have installed.

That worked for now. Odd thing is, I removed all mods and the CET folder and it wouldn’t start.

Sephael
    Participant

@Ralph
    Sorry but ADS is still off; i recentered headset tracking, i reseted my WMR environement, nothing works.

Here is a screenshot showing where i aim down the sight and where it shots instead.
    https://i.postimg.cc/D05n1w1Q/ADS.jpg

Once i shot i could move my head and make the reticule where it really hit the target, but it’s impractical, and once i release ADS and press ADS again, it’s back to being inacurate anyway.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to aim with mouse/gamepad/VR controller in ADS mode. Without ADS you have head aim, but with ADS you have to aim by hand. It’s pretty much a little mini game: you have adjust the line of sight to your target. Head aim for ADS just doesn’t work well due to the high camera zoom, especially with high-zoom spiper rifles.

Alternatively it might have been possible to override the camera zoom, but that would have kind of killed the point of using a sniper rifle entirely.

Sephael
    Participant

But ADS is specific to your mod or just the usual right click like many other fps or tps ?

Wait, i reread more carfully your post …
    I was expecting to have ADS same as any games in vorpx, just right click, aim, fire with left click
    But your mod expect me to adjust by myself and align the weapon right ?
    As i play sited, i did not concider it, as i have to push my head down, i must bow my back and it is very inconfortable.

I’ll try it standing then.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I tried to explain that already in my first reply and again above: the normal head aim doesn’t work well when zoomed in while in ADS mode, even more so with sniper rifles than with the pistol in your screen shot. It’s like trying to hold a telescope in your hand. Jittery as hell due to the huge magnification.

Hence the effect of head-tracking is reduced in ADS mode, and you actually aim with gamepad/mouse/controllers like you usually would when playing the game on your monitor.

rift_un
    Participant

The more i experiment with this game and the mods settings the more i like it, great work Ralf, thankyou for it. My only small gripe is that it crashes fairly regularly (no mods installed).

I notice in fpsVR that my gpu only reaches about 70% utilization, cpu a little more. I have 3080ti, Vorpx Phenomenal setting. If i go above this my fps drops too low but gpu utilization doesn’t rise.

I want it to hammer my gpu! 100% all the way!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!