Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence1962
    Participant

Windows Mixed Reality and it’s openxr runtime is broken. So we have to use SteamVR and we don’t have the full performance of the game and a problem with stuttering headtracking. Ralf will fix that next week. It’s not final result, what we see with a Reverb G2 at the moment !

kgian
    Participant

Is there a way to disable look up down on right thumbstick?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Lawrence:

I haven’t checked Cyberpunk in particular yet, but I don’t think there is much of a difference between OpenXR and SteamVR for WMR headsets anymore. Up until now WMR headsets always behaved a bit weird with SteamVR, but when I recently reimplemented the headset syncing, I made some tweaks to how vorpX works with SteamVR, and that also improved the WMR/SteamVR oddities. These changes are already included in the mod.

Take that with a grain of salt since I only did a few quick tests some weeks ago, but I’m reasonably confident that WMR over SteamVR isn’t much worse than WMR with OpenXR anymore.

@ kgian

You need it e.g. for fine adjustements when aiming down sights. Pitch on the gamepad is reduced to 1/3 of the normal stick sensitivity, so it’s fairly hard to accidentally mess the pitch up. Always a bit difficult to find a default that everyone likes here. Some want it locked, others hate that. The reduction to 1/3 is a good compromise that (almost) gets you the advantages of having it locked without breaking stuff that may require the right stick y-axis.

Obneiric
    Participant

I still get jitter whenever I look around with my G2 in SteamVR mode regardless of the actual framerate. That doesn’t happen when I use OpenXR mode in other vorpx games. So yeah, I definitely second the request to please fix OpenXR mode.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

it’s much better than in RDR2, which i played last week in native openxr. But specially while driving fast and wild the headtracking is stuttering. If i climb a tower and run the stairs around the tower to the top it is stuttering. I run the game with 90hz Reverb G2 and 66% frame cap (fluidsync) with 55-60fps but in wild action the headtracking is stuttering and makes me ill although the fps are 55-60fps. I have set judder protection head tracking that helps, but not enough. On foot if i rotate with the controller, there is a black screen for a few milliseconds, when i stop the rotation.

But all in all, if i ignore the technical limitations Antialiasing and a little bit more stuttering than in older games, it’s great adventure to play it in DirectVR 3D with all your cool sub-mods integrated to make it comfortable.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Obneiric is right, scratch what I said above. Just checked with my G2 here. There is some fairly bad jitter with WMR over SteamVR that definitely isn’t supposed to be there. I’ll see what I can do. For the time being you can mitigate it by setting the FPS cap to 50%, although that’s not really an ideal solution.

The good news is that Cyberpunk via WMR/OpenXR works fine with my regular vorpX dev build. The bad news is that I have no clue why it crashes with the mod. Maybe something timing related.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

it’s Christmas, just relax and celebrate with your family ! We can use steamvr for a while !

drowhunter
    Participant

Theres simething off when trying to play with a mouse and keyboard. The following was observed using a Quest 2 on airlink via Ocukus runtime.

Moving the mouse vertically seems to kind of rotate and skew the view, leading to incredible discomfort.

Is there a way to lock the mouse so that moving it only moves mouseX or even better doesnt rotate the view incorrectly.

Also is there a setting for snap turn or to speed up the rate of rotation on the right stick?

Turning with the stick also seems off.. less smooth than you would want.

Other weird things include. At the beginning of the game you take a ride in soneones car. No matter how much I recenter (Alt-Shift my view ends up being misaligned with my vidy. Its as if rhe cars rotation is affecting it for some reason.

I dont remember having the above issues with any vorpx game before bioshock for example.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For smooth turning with the gamestick you have to make sure that the second number in the vorpX FPS counter (ALT+F) shows the refresh rate of your headset. vorpX can factor in mouse and stick rotaton into the alternate eye frame interpolation, but that only works if the headset thread runs at full speed. Alternatively switch to Z3D, which doesn’t involve alternate eye rendering.

pitch lock: I guess I’ll add the usual DirectVR tracking pitch option to the mod. Impossible to meet everyones preferences in that respect apparently. I thought the 1/3 sensitivity would be good compromise that everyone can agree on, but apparently not.

LVNDSCAPE
    Participant

Thx for creating this MOD.

Could i uninstall this Standalone mod if if wanted without affecting the 2D Version ?

I see its a installer but does it also uninstall correct again so i do not have to reinstall Cyberpunk2077 then?

Sephael
    Participant

@ Ralf
    So i finished to reinstall Cyberpunk (i’m the guy that reported crashing on page 4).
    I’m a G2 user so i guess my crashs problem came from WMR.

Anyway, i used steamvr in the mean time, even if not ideal, but i would like to report a problem gamplay wise. Using keyboard & mouse, when i aim with a weapon, the shot is way off the reticul’s gun, making it really hard to guess where i have to aim.
    For exemple if a aim in the middle of a guy at few meters, it will go way above it’s left shoulder.

Hipfire will always shoot at the center of the screen, it doesn’t matter where you are looking at even with your body oriented in another direction, so i tryed to use it as a band aid to compensate the innacurate aiming, but sadely, most guns have accuracy penalty in hipfire, making it useless outside few meters.

Last, it’s Christmass, take some rest ! i don’t mind waiting few days.
    Cheers !

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ LUNDSCAPE

Sure. hassle free, standardized removal is a major reason for creating installers in the first place. You can just remove the mod via the normal Windows add/remove programs settings dialog.

@ Sephael

Are you referring to aiming down sights? Recenter the view occasionally. ADS is actually detected by the mod and treated differently than the head aim without ADS. Head aim doesn’t really work well while aiming down sights, especially for high zoom sniper rifles where even small head movements would have a huge impact on where you look at. I tweaked ADS mode A LOT, and it’s actually better than head aim since you really have to aim. Best practice: press the ADS button while looking forward, that aim in ADS mode with gamepad/mouse.

You might also want to choose a main eye under ‘More 3D-Settings’. That’s mostly useful for pistols and such without a super high zoom.

Sephael
    Participant

ADS is way off for me.
    Also, i noticed that my character is about 1 head taller than NPC, may be i got some something wrong with my headset environement screwing around.
    But when i ADS an ennemy about only 10m away, i can’t touch him, all the shots go above from the test i did.

Also, when i quit the game and i get back to the steam vr loft, my position is just under the ground.
    In WMR, my height is ok.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Follow the mini ADS-guide above. In a nutshell: recenter tracking, then ideally make sure to enter ADS while looking forward and aim with mouse/gamepad/motion controller.

Hoshi82
    Participant

Thx for creating this MOD.

Could i uninstall this Standalone mod if if wanted without affecting the 2D Version ?

I see its a installer but does it also uninstall correct again so i do not have to reinstall Cyberpunk2077 then?

You have to reinstall. At least I have to. (playing on GOG Galaxy)
    Deinstalling the mod won’t let you start the game anymore. Hitting play it greys out then it stops, cloudsync, playbutton available again. Installing the mod again, and the game starts.

So something seems missing after deinstallation, or changed so the game won’t know how to start. Already tried verify/repair, it downloaded 36mb but still no luck. Now I have to completely redownload the game to play in 2D again.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!