Almost Ten Years Ago…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Almost Ten Years Ago…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really. Won’t have any effect on most modern games anyway, MSAA doesn’t really work well with many modern deferred renderers (at least not at reasonable performance costs), which is why many game developers since a few years prefer shader based AA methods like earlier FXAA and now TAA in the first place.

Like said above: TAA won’t go away anymore for modern games. As much as any VR gamer would (or should) like that. :(

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Perhaps DLSS and also in the Future Intel and AMD, will have a Ultra Quality Mode of DLSS, FSR 2.0 and XeSS !

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Do i have to set the Headtracking in safe mode in Cyberpunk, as it is in RDR2 or GTAV ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

At present stacking multiple fancy named image ‘enhancement’ techniques on top of each other usually doesn’t improve anything beyond a certain point. Garbage in, garbage out. But who knows what the future will bring. :)

Don’t really understand the head tracking question. It’s 6-DOF 1:1 tracking like in the other two games as well.

RJK_
    Participant

I like those alligator clips ;-)

This has been planned for quite a while as a 10 year anniversary gift. It’s not even paid. This will be free for everyone.

Awesome, now i know what kept you so busy lately ;-) Glad it wasnt corona !

Lawrence1962
    Participant

With a High-End PC in high resolutions and high settings in RDR2 and GTAV, the games runs nearly stable with at 45 fps in fluid sync mode, but i have still stuttering in the headtracking. If i change the resolution to for example 1440p, i will have 60-90 fps (without fluid sync) and the Headtracking works fine. In Lukes mods i have the same problem, if i limit them to 45 fps. I have the similar Problem in the vorpx standard Z3D profile of CP77, sometimes it even crashes if i look fast around in high settings. But i prefer higher resolutions, and 45fps and i don’t know how to fix the stuttering. Probably it demands the GPU too much, in the moment when i look around in FullVR but runs stable at 45 fps without headtracking. I have a Reverb G2 and using openxr, maybe that’s the Problem ? If I use steamvr with my Reverb G2 the game is unplayable because of the stuttering in the Headtracking. Before I owned a Reverb G2 i had a Valve Index and I didn’t have problems with the headtracking. My point is the Performance cost of the 6-DOF 1:1, and it’s frame rate drops. Do you have an advice for me, except lowering my graphic settings ?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Maybe you may add a fluidsync mode at native 60fps “upscaled” to 90 fps ? I guess that will fix my stuttering Problem !? I guess it’s a similar problem, that i need 60fps on a monitor with keyboard and Mouse, but on a playstation with a gamepad i need 30fps, only !? With my hardware setup i need 60fps for a great headtracking, but only 30 – 45 without headtracking looking around in the game with my gamepad instead of the headtracking.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like you can read minds. That was actually part of the recent headset sync refactoring/reprogramming. Not as fixed FPS values, but you will be able to cap the FPS e.g. at 66% or 75% of the headset refresh rate. So with a 90fps headset you would choose 66% for a 60fps cap. Will come with the next vorpX version and also in the Cyberpunk standalone mod.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

cool, you save my Christmas Gaming Sessions ! Thx !!!

rift_un
    Participant

So @Ralf, just to clarify, this mod will be “free to everyone” so free to all (including those who don’t have vorpx) and part of vorpx and “standalone”, meaning a separate executable as well as being included in vorpx?

drowhunter
    Participant

What do you mean it will also be standalone?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ both : Yes, free and standalone means that it will be a separate, unpaid download. As a gift for vorpX’s 10 year anniversary.

Most of you probably aren’t aware of that, but vorpX pretty much was born together with modern consumer VR. The vorpX of today would have been a VR enthusiasts wet dream back then. When vorpX made its first humble baby steps, nothing of what you know as VR today existed, not even affordable headsets. 10 freaking years ago.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Standalone is completely without vorpx, probably a zip file to extract into the game folder or an installer which does that. The vorpx features needed by this mod are probably in a *.dll file. VR starts automatically when you launch the game with steam etc. or simply launch the *.exe of the game. This standalone is free for everyone.

But inside vorpx it is just another official vorpx profile. To use this profile you have to buy vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, it’s not “just” another vorpX profile. Like GTA V and RDR 2 since last summer it comes with a game specific mod part for some stuff that wouldn’t be possible otherwise, like e.g. cutscene/menu detection for automatic EdgePeek switching .

BTW: Even without an external mod portion vorpX profiles aren’t always “just” vorpX profiles. There often is individual programming involved, for auto settings, for the DirectVR memory scanner, for other DirectVR features like auto weapon hide etc. vorpX is way, way more complex than you probably imagine. Aside from the 3D functionlity and all the various DirectVR modules, it even has its own API for communication between game mods and vorpX since several years.

rift_un
    Participant

10 years of vorpx! I thought i was an early vorpx adopter as i 1st purchased it in 2015, i was nowhere near! I bought vorpx and an australian vr/3d software called tridef, tridef are no more.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 242 total)
  • The topic ‘Almost Ten Years Ago…’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!