vorpX 19.2.2.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 19.2.2.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Interesting. If it was different before, that was actually unintended behavior prior to this update. After trying a bit I agree that it feels better when the emulated button registers before the trigger click though, no problem technically.

I’ll uploud a new setup later today. I won’t bump up the version number for this change, so no auto update. A manual reinstall will do the trick.

benzoylperoxide
    Participant

I think Both problems might be related to the click behavior. The issue in FS17 happens when you’re in shift mode and press LB. if you release the grip before releasing the trigger it will fire off a LT while you’re releasing the trigger.
    This causes the cruise control to disable. So you have to carefully release the buttons in the correct order. Didn’t use to be like that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

New setup is online. Vive (also Index) triggers should behave like before now.

benzoylperoxide
    Participant

The menu is fixed. Farm Simulator 17 is still broken.

Please rethink the auto-update process. There’s nothing more annoying than being in the middle of playing a game and suddenly the controls get changed.

I need to roll back. The game isn’t playable in the current state.

benzoylperoxide
    Participant

Sorry my mistake. I think the behavior is the same. I actually forget now, lol. Either way I seem to be back up and running. Sorry for pannicking I’m 30 hours deep in this game. I got paranoid when I saw Vorpx updating. I don’t like when things suddenly change.

moadepth
    Participant

Hi Ralf, all the downloaded User profiles dissapeared from my local profile list and with it all my tweakings with them. Came it from the update or did I press the wrong button ? Please help.

Jarilo
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I know you can’t see it, but I’m using VorpX all the time. :)

benzoylperoxide
    Participant

forced updates suuuuuuuuck! One of the reasons I’ve been recommending this program to people all week long is because I thought that it was one of the good ones. Like Tridef where you buy it once and it’s guaranteed to work the same way…forever.

Now I have to warn people that while Vorpx works good now. that is all subject to unexpectedly change in the future.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ benzoylperoxide: Aren’t you overrecting a bit here? Your issue was fixed literally within an hour after reporting it. Unfortunately it’s not possible for me to provide support for multiple versions at the same time. And even if that wasn’t an issue: the VR runtimes from Valve and Oculus are still evolving at such a fast pace that frequent updates are inevitable.

@ moadepth: That shouldn’t have happened. Normally vorpX merges existing profiles into the new database. Sounds as if something went wrong. Check your C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX folder. With some luck the old profile database still exists. If you see a file named profiles.vpd.old in that folder, you could try to rename it to profiles.vpd.

moadepth
    Participant

Dont worry, just games I can reimport them and rearrange. Seems I had a crash in the moment the update came in, played around with vorpx that time causing a crash maybe messing around with the shadertool too much.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have profiles that you put a lot of time and effort in, you can make backups by dragging them from the local profiles list in the config app to your desktop. That way you you could easily restore them if something goes wrong again in the future.

Jarilo
    Participant

We get updates with new game profiles and support…yea I kind of like updates. The dream for DX12 and Vulkan support is still alive. lol

moadepth
    Participant

Will do that, nice weekend to all.

Jarilo
    Participant

I did notice my height settings were completely different in RE7, had to drop from 45 to 25 for the same effect. I wonder if that has anything to do with update or I just changed something and don’t remember. :/ oh well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You didn’t do anything wrong. The camera hight modifier is now factored into the camera position caclulation in a different way as part of a fix regarding positional tracking feeling off when you rotate your head. A side effect of this fix is that earlier camera height values may have to be adjusted if you used the setting before. I usually take great care to ensure that the effect of settings changes as little as possible between versions, but in this case it was unavoidable unfortunately.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 19.2.2.2 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!