vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.3.5 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Ralf, I sent an email last week. I’d like to understand Z3D profile creation for new dx11/12 games if possible. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ moarveer:

The highest Clarity setting enables the texture detail hack AMD recommends developers to implement in addition to the actual upscaling/sharpening. How much of an effect that has depends on the game and also the resolution. You’ll typically see the highest benefit at low to medium resolutions (e.g. 1600p). If you happen to have Fallout 4 installed, that’s a good test candidate: With Clarity at ‘Full’ tree branches in the distance become more detailed, that’s fairly easy to spot. In Bioshock Infinite I found the effect to be less noticable on trees, but you should be able to spot it e.g. on masonry textures, more generelly textures with finer structures, at medium distance. That’s the typical effect you’ll see most of the time when switching from ‘Medium’ to ‘Full’: enhanced texture detail at medium distance.

Unless it creates noticable texture shimmering, choose ‘Full’. Depending on the factors mentioned above the effect may be subtle, but the option always does something – provided it is available for a game (i.e. the ‘Texture Detail Enhancement’ slider isn’t greyed out).

@ dellrifter:

Unfortunately there is no Z3D authoring UI that is ready for primetime. In the DX9 days some devs used all kinds of strange encoding methods for depth in RGB textures do deal with depth buffer access restrictions, I tried to capture them all. Most of that is obsolete since DX10, so in theory I could clean up the Z3D authoring and make it more accessible, but currently I have a huge list of things with higher priority.

There are about half a dozen DX12 Z3D profiles now (Cyberpunk 2077, Read Dead Redemption 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Resident Evil 8, Deathloop, F1 2021, Death Stranding, Grounded). They should cover the most common ways depth is handled in DX12. If you try them all for an unkown game and don’t succeed, an authoring UI wouldn’t give you a much higher chance of success either.

dellrifter22
    Participant

OK, thanks for the explanation.

I hope you won’t forget about it entirely though. I think dx12 Z3D is the current and foreseeable future we face, and any breakthroughs to expand these tools would be beneficial to our community efforts.

A.K.A. I wish I could get games like FarCry 6 and the recent Call of Dutys working :)

If only they were dx11 … fuuuuu :)

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Ralf,

Said this before, but thank you for your work.. bought your program twice, and feel like I’ve gotten more than worth my money. I only use my headset for vorpx games. Playing classic games in 3d gives me that magical feeling of playing games as a kid. Thank you.. please keep updating.. thank you!!!!

vorpex
    Participant

Ralf, I didn’t think this question warranted it’s own thread so figured I’d ask here in the latest release info. Will there be a little Black Friday promo as there was in prior years? Thanks

Lawrence1962
    Participant

@Ralf

what will be the content of the vorpX 21.4 release ? And when can we expect the release ? Far Cry 6 and Assassins Creed Valhalla Z3D profiles and a Cyberpunk 2077 AFR 3D Mod would be a great Christmas gift !

dellrifter22
    Participant

That would be my wishlist too! Just missing Halo Infinite campaign Z3D as well :)

wolfh
    Participant

@Ralf

what will be the content of the vorpX 21.4 release ? And when can we expect the release ? Far Cry 6 and Assassins Creed Valhalla Z3D profiles and a Cyberpunk 2077 AFR 3D Mod would be a great Christmas gift !

+10000 Assasins Creed Valhalla

Ralf
    Keymaster

22/02/08
    vorpX 21.3.2 has been released

This is a small in-between-updates-update(tm) with the changes below:

• TrackIR head tracking can now be configured to not disable mouse emulation tracking entirely. Makes head tracking work with TrackIR in Farming Simulator 22 both on foot and in vehicles.
    • New profile: Farming Simulator 2022: G3D, FullVR, DirectVR features: auto settings, FOV setup, TrackIR head tracking (has to be enabled in the game options).
    • New profile: Dying Light 2 (DX12 only!): Z3D, FullVR, DirectVR features: auto settings, FOV setup, memory scanner head tracking.
    • Kingdom Come Deliverence: on horse camera centering disabled automatically for better comfort.
    JimmyTheSaint82
    Participant

Seemed to update. no Dying Light Profile…

Anyway to force an update?

EDIT: Yet it still hooked…

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Hi Ralf I cannot see the Dying Light 2 profile in the latest build?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up! Luckily no real issue, just yours truly being unable to type a ‘D’. It’s named ‘Sying Light’… You can simply fire up the game, the profile is active regardless of its name.

I’ll upload a fresh build tomorrow to prevent further confusion.

steph12
    Participant

thanks Ralf for the update, specially for dying light 2 profile :)

slydog43
    Participant

Does this new version have gestures in it? Sounds really awesome and want to try it out.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not yet. The Cyberpunk mod is a bit of a proving ground for the gesture system. It is designed as a general vorpX subsystem though and will make its way to other games too beginning with the next larger vorpX update 22.1.0 in a few weeks.

Gestures have to be selected and configured per game though, so expect a small number of games with gesture support initially. The library will grow over time.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!