Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

2022/01/10

Version alpha 4 is now available with the following changes:

• Improved melee/blocking handling.
    • Glitches in regard to using cameras while hacking fixed.
    • Glitches during scanner vision fixed.
    • Aiming down sights tweaks.
    • Confusing notification after Z3D/G3D switch fixed.

Download

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Thx, Ralf !

Demuse
    Participant

Great update Ralf! Melee blocking works great, ADS works great, scanning works great. I just played for a few hours and everything feels smooth and natural. Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback!

There will be one more change to how ADS is handled in a day or two. That will address the occasional camera yaw difference between non-ADS and ADS caused by the decoupled look/walk. If I understood you correctly earlier, that should make ADS completely work like you’d like it to work for run and gun gameplay.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Alpha 4 completely change the Sync parameters I needed to use on my Pimax 8K-X. I used to use Fast and Multi-Threaded with Frame Rate Limiter off. Now I have to use Safe and Multi-Threaded off; so a complete reversal. Performance still seems good, I just don’t fully understand why this update changed the settings I need to use so drastically. I will say that with the prior version I was able to get it to a state where the game FPS and HMD FPS rose and fell in absolute sync (which normally would not work well), but in this case it was flawless – super smooth. I’m not seeing exactly that same behavior currently.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Must have been something else that changed with your setup. There have been no changes that affect how sync works, just the gameplay related changes (and the fixed notification) mentioned above.

3oxis
    Participant

Ralf, I want to sincerely thank you for making this possible. I appreciate you, brother

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks! You’re welcome.

Ralf
    Keymaster

One more reason to use your motion controllers instead of a gamepad: VR controllers as steering wheel and bike handlebar. Coming later this week.

mstmorse
    Participant

May be a dumb question but what is the easiest way to uninstall the mod so I can upgrade to the newest? Windows add/remove program?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can just run the latest installer, it overwrites any previous install.

Just in case: the motion controller steering isn’t released yet. Will come Friday or Saturday with the next update.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Performance through vorpX and this mod just keep getting better! I’m currently capable of a 99% solid 45fps when running at 3325×1871, Ultra RT and Quality DLSS mode. Still not good enough for both FullVR mode *and* RT at the same time, but absolutely stunning in Immersive Screen Mode or Cinema mode.

Very impressed.

I’m using Z3D BTW, that’s too low a frame-rate for DirectVR (it looks to me like 60fps will be the absolute minimum I can accept in a DirectVR title, and that’s right on the edge of acceptable to my eyes.)

morbidexpression
    Participant

Hi Ralf! Great work as always, tho I’m having some trouble like that guy on the first page… Full VR isn’t letting me exit Edge Peek mode once I’ve clicked it. I have to keep switching back and forth again from Immersive to Full VR until it’s zoomed back in again properly and fills my Reverb G2. At which point head tracking goes a bit wonky and it’s too frustrating to play much longer.

Not sure what’s causing it, never had this problem with Vorpx before but this mod is definitely doing it here no matter how many times I reinstall it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you by any chance use an older version of the game than 1.31? You can check that in the game’s main menu.

This is much more than a normal vorpX profile, it’s a dedicated mod that is not compatible with earlier game versions. It relies on a Cyberpunk modding framework that only works with 1.31.

Normally you shouldn’t have to enter/exit EdgePeek manually, the mod detects what state the game is in and switches EdgePeek on/off automatically.

Demuse
    Participant

Speaking of automatic edge peek, I’m curious how it decides? It seems to force edgepeek automatically during every scripted conversation, which makes sense when there are forced camera moves, but it seems like I can still pan my view around freely? I’d prefer to stay immersed during conversations, if possible, or toggle edgepeek myself manually. What’s the obstacle?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!