Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

One more reason to use your motion controllers instead of a gamepad, part 2.

Aiming down sights can now be invoked with realistic motion controller gestures. Much more fun than I thought. Sometimes you just gotta try stuff even if you think it probably won’t be good enough.

Will be available with the next update.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Have you tried the NVIDIA DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution) in the Mod ?

Lawrence1962
    Participant

My monitor resolution is 1080p and DLDSR only supports the native hardware resolution of my monitor, and i need a workaround to set it to custom resolutions (4:3 etc) to use it with DLDSR ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don‘t think that will work, there is no point in using this in a game that supports DLSS directly in the game though. Raising the resolution a notch or two in the mod settings menu and enabling DLSS in the game options does exactly the same thing.

drowhunter
    Participant

My problem with the motion controllers is that there simply arent enough buttons or the buttons aren’t layed out in a good way.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Controllers are per default set to gamepad emulation. If you changed that, please change it back. No mapping woes whatsoever with controllers in gamepad mode.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Did you try a 6K or 8K resolution in the aspect ratio of your mod with DLSS ? I can’t set DSR 6K or 8K on my monitor, so i cant’ test this. Is it better than the mods ultra resolution without DLSS ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a little heads-up for anyone waiting for the promised next version today: release has been postponed until next week. The motion controller gesture stuff turned out to be so much fun that I’d like to add a few more gestures and a little tutorial.

Will be worth the wait. Promise.

On a sidenote: While gesture support makes most sense in the context of a more in-depth mod like this where I have information about what state the game is in, the general system is also applicable to ‘normal’ vorpX profiles. So expect motion controller steering in some racing games in the future as well as grenade throwing etc. in one or the other first person shooter profile.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Awesome Ralf. Can’t wait to see this. I still probably won’t be able to push resolutions I consider valid for full VR, but it’ll be fun to try. Maybe in other titles I’ll be able to use it enhanced gestures.

Ralf
    Keymaster

While obviously more immersive in FullVR, in general the gestures can also be used in immersive/cinema mode.

spollard
    Participant

Loving this mod, by the way. My main issues are addressed with the previous releases. The remaining issues I have are the decoupled aim/look resulting in ADS not lining up with my intended direction which I think you’re addressing in the current update. The second issue which I don’t think has been brought up is the pitch in vehicles causing nausea. Is there an option to get horizon lock when in a vehicle to reduce motion sickness?

Stryker_66
    Participant

While obviously more immersive in FullVR, in general the gestures can also be used in immersive/cinema mode.

Glad to read this, I only use VorpX in immersive mode on my game profiles and I am happy to see this implementation. I never use FullVR mode since it just doesn’t do it for me, nothing wrong or a complaint, just my preference.

Thanks again for the quality of life improvements on your mod, it’s really up there on top of my list for great VR experiences!

smartin
    Participant

i finally tried your mod and im stunned. what a place night city is to bring to VR.
    im on an i9, 3070, 32gb machine with a reverb g2 an struggling with Performance. setting the headset to 60hz seemed to help. do you have any other tipps for Performance? should i put the headset to half Resolution? dlss? every frame helps, especially when driving…
    thanks for the great work and all the best.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Graphic settings medium or lower
    DLSS and Raytracing off
    Population Density low
    Resolution Great
    FSR Low + sharpen 1.50
    Framerate Cut 66%
    Headset 90hz
    Headtracking default

restart the game every hour to clean the buffer and cache

Lawrence1962
    Participant

@ mr_spongeworthy

Create a text file called DrawDistanceBoost.ini (any name works) under “Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc”
    Then add the following:

[Streaming]
    DistanceBoost = 42.000000

The default value for the vanilla game is 0
    Can be decreased or increased as desired, high values such as 50~ and above start to create flickering (this may be fixable if other settings get tweaked

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!