Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    Wildcard
    Participant

I mean it works but its far from perfect. I have some general feedback id like to share.

Lets see umm where to start
    1 Either Detach or make it an Option to Detach Look from Aim.
    2 Make an Option for Left side or Right Side Dominate controllers (where all it does is swap the scheme to mirriored on the other hand.
    3 It would be great to have a single controller be the motion control for Aim, currently its your head thats aiming and not your hand, this makes it not only confusing but weird and funky af!
    4 Left side hand should be grenade throw, not the same hand your trying to fire with
    5 make an option to force view back to center or
    6 make an option to force directional movement based on current head track positoning (this would make it feel more fluid in game. Currently you have three axis of movement. Bi-Lateral, Head, and where ever the right stick is pointing. This causes a Huge Conflict and results in more confusion)
    7 there was no option for pulling up Phone, Zoom Funtion and Hacking Tool(cyberware).
    8 Unbind reload and force reload to a Right Handed Gesture/Motion to a Outward (Counter Clock) Wrist Flick. (This feels more natural and is Extremely intutive for anyone that has ever fired a real Mag Feed weapon (IE: Rifles and Handguns))

On to the App. Or lack there of. Since I have that freeware to just try it; it might be better with the full 40-50$ software but the App needs to have a simple easy to use 1click GUI to simply Remove the Mod and/or Reinstall the mod. So players may choose to easily go back to straight PC. Shouldn’t be that difficult all the files are in
    steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\plugins
    Just move the vpxCP2077 folder and the vpxCP2077.asi to something like steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\plugins\Backup for Vorpx or where ever the VorpX install is at.

Next give us the option to install VorpX Where we want to. Again this might be the case with the full install of VorpX and what you all are calling VorpX is just a PluginMod that should probably be Called VorpX CP77 Plugin or something

Ralf
    Keymaster

General hint first: some of your remarks/questions are covered in the tutorial slides when you launch the game with the mod installed.

To answer them individually:

While aiming down sights you can already aim with your hands.

You can change controller mapping and gestures to left handed on the motion controller page of the menu.

You can recenter the view any time from the menu.

All gamepad buttons for the functions you are missing are available via a second mapping set. Hold the left grip button to switch. The controllers have an interactive overlay that shows the current mapping.

You can install vorpX where you want already. Like most installers the vorpX installer lets you choose an install folder. The standalone Cyberpunk mod has to be installed in the Cyberpunk folder though.

Uninstalling (both regular vorpX and mod) is super easy via the normal Windows ‘Add/Remove Programs’ dialog.

VRified Games
    Participant

I’m actually surprised this mod isn’t getting more traction on YouTube

Even vorpx regulars like PD and Benjo haven’t done anything

Cas & Chary even said they wouldn’t do a video because it’s a free mod

Like….what gives?

Ralf
    Keymaster

My memoirs will be out in about 25 years or so. They may contain an interesting story involving the last week.

VRified Games
    Participant

😂 I’ll put in a pre order now for the book 😂

Honestly, if I compare GTA v, red dead etc to luke ross’ I’m hard pressed to find many differences

The auto edge peek for cut scenes is a godsend 😂

And the gesture controls are so cool in CP2077

I can’t understand why Luke Ross gets all the glory

That dude charges 10 a month

Vorpx is a one time payment and does…..so goddamn much

Deserves far more recognition

Also…..interesting story you say? (raises an eyebrow)

3oxis
    Participant

I’m actually surprised this mod isn’t getting more traction on YouTube

Even vorpx regulars like PD and Benjo haven’t done anything

Cas & Chary even said they wouldn’t do a video because it’s a free mod

Like….what gives?

Dude I’m convinced at this point that it’s a personal vendetta against Ralf & all things Vorpx! I have spread the news about this achievement on Youtube, Reddit & lord knows how many Cyberpunk/VR facebook groups. Hell, I even ranted on UploadVR about how it was being ignored & some agreed with me.
    Ralf, I don’t know you personally but your work changed my life in ways I can’t explain.
    Keep excelling my friend, your time will come!

3oxis
    Participant

😂 I’ll put in a pre order now for the book 😂

Honestly, if I compare GTA v, red dead etc to luke ross’ I’m hard pressed to find many differences

The auto edge peek for cut scenes is a godsend 😂

And the gesture controls are so cool in CP2077

I can’t understand why Luke Ross gets all the glory

That dude charges 10 a month

Vorpx is a one time payment and does…..so goddamn much

Deserves far more recognition

Also…..interesting story you say? (raises an eyebrow)

Dude, I’m with you on that one. It’s always the case when something superior emerges to challenge the Status Quo

Zel1984
    Participant

It surprises me too that VorpX doesn’t have as much recognition as it should, that i can play RDR2 in VR & it looks & performs really good even on my system (5700XT) makes it worth the price without even taking into account all the other games it supports, desktop viewer etc plus the free Cyberpunk mod looks & performs really good for me too, i did have to change some graphics options & choose my own resolution to get them looking & performing as well as they can on my system rather than letting the mod decide & it’s amazing, i like driving around really slow in the Murk Man car as it has the best inside car view imo just taking in the sights, i can get lost in the worlds of RDR2 & Cyberpunk for hours at a time all thanks to VorpX.

3oxis
    Participant

It surprises me too that VorpX doesn’t have as much recognition as it should, that i can play RDR2 in VR & it looks & performs really good even on my system (5700XT) makes it worth the price without even taking into account all the other games it supports, desktop viewer etc plus the free Cyberpunk mod looks & performs really good for me too, i did have to change some graphics options & choose my own resolution to get them looking & performing as well as they can on my system rather than letting the mod decide & it’s amazing, i like driving around really slow in the Murk Man car as it has the best inside car view imo just taking in the sights, i can get lost in the worlds of RDR2 & Cyberpunk for hours at a time all thanks to VorpX.

Yep, it’s literally a world I can escape to. Thanks to Ralf & Vorpx

rtoast
    Participant

I think the new hot-fix update that just released may have broken VR functionality…

I’ve got this new PC and had been playing fine for about a day, this new update hits, I load up Cyberpunk and edgepeek doesn’t work and its 2D (and for some reason looked way worse graphically) so anyone else experience this? Or am I an outlier here…

I’ve currently uninstalled and am re-installing through steam (not sure if there was a way to roll back versions..) hoping that the fresh install won’t have the hotfix embedded into it? then I can switch off auto-updates before it auto-updates.. I’m getting desperate, I’ve had a taste and I need more!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up.

The latest Cyber Engine Tweaks update from today will almost certainly help. I’ll check right away and if necessary upload a new installer that includes it.

Installing the latest CET manually should also do the trick. Let me know if not.
    https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/getting-started/installing

3oxis
    Participant

I think the new hot-fix update that just released may have broken VR functionality…

I’ve got this new PC and had been playing fine for about a day, this new update hits, I load up Cyberpunk and edgepeek doesn’t work and its 2D (and for some reason looked way worse graphically) so anyone else experience this? Or am I an outlier here…

I’ve currently uninstalled and am re-installing through steam (not sure if there was a way to roll back versions..) hoping that the fresh install won’t have the hotfix embedded into it? then I can switch off auto-updates before it auto-updates.. I’m getting desperate, I’ve had a taste and I need more!

I tried running the game outside of steam & everything’s intact after watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdzSNJeZik

Ralf
    Keymaster

2022/02/28

An updated installer for the latest Cyberpunk hotfix is now available. Note that the mod itself hasn’t been changed, the installer just includes a new version of the Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework. Hence you will see a ‘version newer than expected’ warning. The mod works fine despite this warning.

Latest version available here:
    Download

rustyshackleford
    Participant

Trying to use this mod but i am only looking at a virtual screen when i load my save game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds as if the mod doesn’t really kick in. Will probably happen every time the game recieves an update. While that doesn’t affect the mod itself, the Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework that the mod uses apparently requires an update after each game update.

Please first make sure that your Cyberpunk is up-to-date, including today’s hotfix. Then install the latest mod version from the link above. If it still doesn’t work afterwards, install the latest CET manually:

https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/getting-started/installing

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!