Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

@Ralf. In regards to publicity, you do occasionally get some very positive chatter across the OpenMR forums. Of course that’s probably not all that important since that’s mostly for Pimax HMDs, which represent 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% (approx.) of the HMD market. Speaking of which, you should try to find someone who can get you an 8K-X; that old 8K(?) you have is, I’m pretty sure, the single worst thing Pimax has ever produced. It’s no wonder you don’t use it much.

Performance of CP77 1.5x seems to be very similar to the 1.3x for me, as long as I turn off the RT function for local shadows. I’ve yet to try and conquer the gesture system as I have a relate vorpX/CP77 mod/Pimax question:

It seems to me as if the vorpX motion-smoothing (let’s just use the doubling example for now), does not really interject extra frames for my Pimax? It’s definitely running at half the refresh, and head-turning etc. is a bit smoother, but there are zero ‘warping’ effects usually associated with actual ‘faked’ frames. In fact, I can produce the exact same effect by using PiTool to force a frame-rate of 1/2 the refresh rate, while leaving the ‘brainwarp’ smart-smoothing off. If I turn on PiTool’s smart-smoothing it’s immediately obvious I’m getting actual faked frames (things run much more smoothly, at the expense of having weird warping sometimes.) IIRC I’ve had on-again-off-again compatibility between vorpX and PiTool’s Smart Smoothing, but currently it is working properly. Anyway, this seems to hold true in both the usual vorpX, and the stand-alone CP77 mod, and I’m wondering if it’s normal behavior?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I actually bought a criminally overpriced 5K from some original Kickstarter backer to get Pimax support up and running as soon as possible back when everyone assumed that might become the new hot shit…

Can’t remember currently how I set sync settings for Pimax per default. I think I do something super conservative because of the PiTool weirdness. You might want to tinker with that. vorpX works as intended when the ALT+F FPS counter shows XX/90 (provided your headset runs at 90Hz). That way the Pimax interpolation doesn’t get in the way. Better to sacrifice a few game FPS for stable headset FPS. True in general, but even more so for Pimax.

rustyshackleford
    Participant

does this work with the GOG version

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yep.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Ravenstar
    Participant

Can somebody tell me how to uninstall the original Cyberpunk VR Mod? IM looking everywhere and I cannot find how to uninstall the mod. Please help! Everytime I try to load the game vorpx keeps popping up even though I’ve tried to disable it!

onetoo
    Participant

Programs and Features. Remove it like any other program. Or unins001.exe in the main directory of the game.

Ravenstar
    Participant

Can you tell me how to uninstall the CPunk vorpx mod from here? I tried installing Ross’s mod and it wouldnt load in VR and Vorpx would keep popping up. I’ve tried to disable vorpx but it still pops up regardless. Help!

Ravenstar
    Participant

I just want to uninstall the mod, not the whole game. It takes hours to reinstall the game now with 37gigs of additional update.

AmiDreAm
    Participant

Not working with last fix update :(

onetoo
    Participant

I just want to uninstall the mod, not the whole game. It takes hours to reinstall the game now with 37gigs of additional update.

I didn’t say anything about uninstalling the entire game. The VorpX mod has a separate uninstall option in Programs and Features (Legacy Control Panel) or Apps and Features (search start). It says CyberpunkVR powered by VorpX. To install the LR mod, the files must be placed in the Bin folder first. You have to remove the Luke Ross mod files manually. There’s no uninstaller for that version. Install the VorpX mod again, and then uninstall as described if it’s still causing conflicts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Amidream:

Please install the latest mod version:

Download

If it still doesn’t work afterwards, install the latest CET manually:

https://wiki.redmodding.org/cyber-engine-tweaks/getting-started/installing

3oxis
    Participant

@Ralf is there any way one can use Reshade in VR with this beautiful mod?

Ralf
    Keymaster

May or may not work, didn‘t try. If not: vorpX (and thus the mod) has some post processing filters built in that cover typical Resahde use cases: top notch FSR sharpening/upscaling as well as gamma/saturation controls. You can configure them on them on the image page of the menu.

More complex (and thus demanding) shader chains aren’t really a good idea in a game as demanding as Cyberpunk anyway.

drowhunter
    Participant

I tried it yesterday and it doesn’t work unfortunately. The mod just renders in a flat virtual screen.

Also apparently updating the dlss driver with the latest one improves dlss quality significantly

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/

just replace the nvngx_dlss.dll file in the bix/x64 folder. (backup your old one)

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!