Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 13 posts - 451 through 463 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    3oxis
    Participant

Hi Ralf. it’s been a while. Hope you and yours are doing okay?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I haven’t forgotten about your photo mode wish. That’s just not a top priority currently, sorry. :( There are lots of things requiring attention when you maintain a project as huge as vorpX. The main goal of the mod is/was to make the game playable in VR with motion controller gestures, which works perfectly fine already. If/when time permits, I’ll check whether the photo mode issue is easily fixable and will do so if that’s the case.

3oxis
    Participant

I appreciate that Brother, but I really am asking how you’re doing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

All good. Thanks for caring! Hope you are well too.

3oxis
    Participant

I’m great thanks

3oxis
    Participant

@Ralf for some reason, Photo mode is working and it’s beautiful

Ralf
    Keymaster

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

mr_belowski
    Participant

Finally got a couple of hours to get stuck into this last night. Wow. Night City in VR is absolutely breathtaking.

Thanks for all the hard work on this. I’m lucky enough to have a fairly high end system and the experience is really something. It’s great to have all the options – I find myself alternating between Z-Normal and full 3D rendering. The world is unbelievably compelling and engrossing (and oddly unsettling too), just walking to places has recaptured some of the original amazement I felt when first getting into VR back in 2016.

Top stuff.

Performance seems good to me, my aging brain is too fuzzy to be troubled by AER and halo artifacts so it all looks great. I do have 1 question tho. When I select a Narrow custom resolution like 2048×2160, the horizontal FoV is noticably reduced compared to a 4×3 res like 2240×1680. Is this the expected behaviour?

rmcintire
    Participant

Hi Ralf.

I love your work, VorpX is incredible!

I recently installed the CyberpunkVR mod instead of just using VorpX, and it almost seems like the experience (for me) is somewhat degraded. With directvr as the rendering mode, I get a far less smooth visual experience, panning my head with both the mouse or my head seems to introduce some stuttering/jumpiness.

z-normal on the other hand is very smooth, is there something I am missing here? I have the graphics set to low, and I have tried a few different resolutions. RTX off.

I have a 3090 and 3900 XT so my computer can definitely handle the game.

Also, when using your mod, it appears that my mods relying on CET do not run, and this is kind of a bummer. For example, the FoV mod I use from nexusmods gave me the best combination of image zoom and field of view possible, from an immersion standpoint.

What are the main motivations for using the mod over the base VorpX experience? Independent movement and head tracking? Motion controls? I am sorry if all of these questions have been answered in the thread, I will work my way through later tonight.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please remove any FOV mod you may use for the VR mod. The mod automatically adjusts the game FOV to perfectly fit the FOV of your headset (the regular profile does that too BTW, there is no need for a FOV mod either way) . All you need to tweak is finding a compromise between resolution and performance that works for you.

Just in case: if you haven’t done so already, check the brief instructions displayed in the start environment and the top/left corner of the game window. They explain all there is to know to get things running as intended.

3D: With DirectVR 3D vorpX uses an alternate frame approach for stereo 3d, i.e. each eye only udates every other frame. If e.g. the game runs at 90fps, each eye actually only has 45fps. The mod tricks away many unpleasant side effects that come with this approch, but it still clearly isn‘t for everyone. If you find it uncomfortable, simply switch to Z3D. All other functions the mod offers in addition to the regular vorpX profile (decoupled walk/look, optimized cameras, motion controller gestures etc.) also work with Z3D.

3oxis
    Participant

@Ralf
    Is there any way to use Reshade with VR?

Birukas
    Participant

How to disable free look? It’s very dificult to play when V walk not where he look))

ArkEnthusiast
    Participant

The FPS is amazing when using vorpx (The actual app) but when using the installation for this particular game to include motion controls the fps isn’t great. Any suggestions?

Viewing 13 posts - 451 through 463 (of 463 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!