Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    3oxis
    Participant

Hi Ralf, are there still going to be any more updates to this Mod? Just curious :\

Tourist
    Participant

Custom resolutions don’t work, even 1788×1328 doesn’t work, it’s always the lowest default 1080×1280. I guess even though I set UserSettings.json to read-only, Vorpx always rewrites it. Is there any solution?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The right way to set the resolution is using the ‘Resolution Quality’ option in the vorpX menu.

BTW: If you haven’t done so already, take a minute to check the brief instructions shown when you start the game. Stuff like that is explained there.

pigpharma
    Participant

Hi Ralf! I’ve been playing around with this mod for a few hours now, and I’m REALLY struggling to get usable framerates.

RTX 3080
    Ryzen 3600
    16GB RAM
    Quest 2 with Link

I have the game settings set to Low, DLSS set to Quality, and the alt+F second number is 72, which is my headset refresh rate. However my game FPS usually overs around 35-40, sometimes dips to below 30, and has never gone above 50.

My GPU usage is pretty low, while my CPU usage is maxed out.

Do you have any performance suggestions, or am I pretty much stuck with this because of a CPU bottleneck?

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds off. The game framerate should be just slightly lower compared to running the game on your monitor with the exact same settings, maybe 15% or so.

Not really sure what to recommend. If you happen to have other mods installed, try without. Also please uninstall/reinstall the mod to make sure everything is at default settings.

Just in case: external FPS counters may display wrong values since only every other frame is shown on the monitor with DirectVR (alternate frame) 3D. Always use the built-in ALT+F counter.

3oxis
    Participant

Hey Ralf, I know this isn’t Cyberpunk related but I wanted to use this opportunity to ask if it is possible to create a Cyberpunk VR type Mod for the upcoming Spiderman open world game coming on August 12?

Laser
    Participant

Hi Ralf! I’ve been playing around with this mod for a few hours now, and I’m REALLY struggling to get usable framerates.

Are you running geometry mode or Z3D?

dRaiser
    Participant

Hi, I’m testing standalone and runs pretty good, but cannot change dialog options using Oculus Q2 in gamepad mode.

Fourty6to3
    Participant

I’m also struggling to get usable framerates with the default settings, unless I use Z-Normal 3D mode. Also, for some reason my motion controls wont work like they seem to for everyone else. When I use the gesture to raise handgun, I see the icon active but my weapon remains pointed away. My specs:

CPU – 5900X
    GPU – RTX 3080
    2TB SSD
    64 GB RAM
    Quest 2 w/ Link Cable

Ralf
    Keymaster

Gestures:

Gestures rely on default gamepad/keyboard bindings. Try to reset the game’s input bindings to default in its options menu.

Performance:

Keep in mind that rendering in stereo 3D means twice as much work for your PC since everything has to be rendered twice (once for each eye). With your rig you should be able to get largely stable 80-90FPS at medium settings and a medium to high resolution. That may or may not be good enough for you, depending on how well you can deal with the mod’s default alternate eye rendering geometry 3d approach. With AFR 3D each eye effectively only has half the FPS that the game runs with. In addition the approach comes with inherent comfort issues when you move around since the images for both eyes never are rendered at the same time, which can be fairly unpleasant.

If AFR 3D is not for you, switching to Z3D is your best bet. Less natural/pronounced 3D, but on the other hand no FPS penalty or timing related comfort issues.

dRaiser
    Participant

>Hi, I’m testing standalone and runs pretty good, but cannot change dialog options using Oculus Q2 in gamepad mode.

Alright, figured it out, I needed to hold trigger to switch left stick mode!

Overall works nice, although on my i5-12600k + GTX 1080, VR mode: Z-Index, Nice setting I have sometimes brutal FPS dips which I guess may be expected. But roughly 40 FPS on avg makes it playable for me.

Don’t really like gestures so far, but gamepad emulation from Oculus controllers is already a godsend to me.

Overall feels like CP2077 is game just begging for VR so thanks so much for this! Will definitely consider buying Vorpx for other flat games.

dRaiser
    Participant

Alright, discovered one CPU hog on my OS, after eliminating it can run DirectVR! Looks impressive. I think “Immersive Screen mode” is more comfortable to me compared to full VR mode after all, esp when driving. Still cool as heck.

3oxis
    Participant

@Ralf ..And Patch 1.6 just went live…Will our Mod still work (I know it’s asking a lot)

drowhunter
    Participant

Alright, discovered one CPU hog on my OS, after eliminating it can run DirectVR! Looks impressive. I think “Immersive Screen mode” is more comfortable to me compared to full VR mode after all, esp when driving. Still cool as heck.

what was the hog, if you don’t mind me asking?

@Ralf ..And Patch 1.6 just went live…Will our Mod still work (I know it’s asking a lot)

I also came here to necro this thread to find out. I suppose I could just play and find out , but then I’d have to waste 100GB backing up my current version to try.

dRaiser
    Participant

what was the hog, if you don’t mind me asking?

Doubt it’d be helpful as it was Looking Glass process for showing Windows screen in Linux when running over VFIO Virtual Machine ;-). Also one time it was a problem, but on next tries not so much, so seems rather random. Probably culprit was rather Windows doing something pesky in background,.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 943 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!