Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    rift_un
    Participant

^ reinstall of game and vorpx didn’t work. have tried ticking run as admin and alternative hook in vorpx config, have read the troubleshooting.

rift_un
    Participant

^ have disabled fpsVR and afterburner.
    it seems strange to me as it used to work, and i still get the “attach” message when starting a game. have tried another game in addition to CP, same result.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ beemzy: You can backup/restore the .ini files, just not that the data file.

@ rift_un: Try to recall what changes you made to your system recently. If it worked before and now all of sudden doesn‘t, something must have changed. If in doubt, disable *every* *single* tool running in the background.

Laser
    Participant

When is 1.61 compatible vorpx version coming? Or at least for me the cyberpunk profile isn´t hooking currently and can only play via the updated mod? And I had issues with it, maybe because conflicting config files or something but it was stuttering and there was portion of bottom side of the screen wasn´t aligning properly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You should have received a profile database update a while ago, which in case of CP2077 comes with an updated hooking flag for 1.6+. If you didn’t get it for some reason (e.g. firewall blocking, profile updates disabled), you can download the profile manually from the cloud.

Laser
    Participant

I did get the database update but CP didn´t hook for me, I´ll try again from the cloud, thanks.

Laser
    Participant

Mod version now working properly, so I will be using it for the time being. Something weird with “normal” vorpx, I downloaded official cloud profile, is it supposed to still show “made with 21.2.1 instead of the current 21.3.2? This one doesn´t hook for me, but if I make a copy of the profile and rename my .exe for example to cyberpunk2078.exe then it hooks. But there are some issues with it, if I enable fsr 2.1 there are graphical bugs, no direct vr mode (only the z-ones) and no resolution option within vorpx, but I can change the game resolution.

Edit. I am bypassing the cdr launcher because it tells me to verify game files and I have done so allready so Im directly using the .exe file but that shouldn´t affect how it works with vorpx?

rift_un
    Participant

@Ralf thankyou, I closed Riva Tuner Statistics and VorpX worked fine.

beemzy
    Participant

On the standalone mod, there is a gesture for driving. I find the Quest 2 is not sensitive to small movements (like a real car) but only recognises larger movements, but within the game this translates to a big turn of the steering wheel. It would be good if there is a way to fine tune and adjust the sensitivity of the driving gesture (so that a relatively larger gesture movement is interpreted in the game as a smaller movement – this would compensate for the relative lack of sensitivity in the Quest 2 for this type of movement)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case: did you by any chance change the motion controller mode to keyboard/mouse? if so, please reset it back do gamepad. Steering should feel quite natural normally. When a keyboard is emulated however, steering is pretty much digital. Just as steering with an actual keyboard.

General hint: be careful as far as tinkering with settings in the vorpX menu is concerned. As the tutorial message says, there shouldn‘t really be any need to tinker with vorpX settings aside from the resolution quality (and potentially the 3d method if you don‘t like the AFR 3D).

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

I have an issue with screen tearing, it occurs right in the middle horizontally. Anyone else have this issue? Z3D or ZNormal

beemzy
    Participant

Just in case: did you by any chance change the motion controller mode to keyboard/mouse? if so, please reset it back do gamepad. Steering should feel quite natural normally. When a keyboard is emulated however, steering is pretty much digital. Just as steering with an actual keyboard.

Ah yes, you are right. I changed to the KB/M so I could have customised controls (which even enables me to use hack heavy style of play when I want; not so easy with the default gamepad settings). Unfortunately for me, I find the default gamepad settings unusable.

There does not seem to be a way to make the same custom layout when in gamepad mode? If this is the case then it would be fantastic if in future you could implement a shortcut key so that it’s possible to toggle between KB/M and gamepad mode. Or even better a setting so that whenever you enter/exit a vehicle the control scheme would automatically toggle. Don’t know how feasible that is but it is high on my wish list!

I recommend everyone to try the gesture steering (which requires gamepad mode). It is indeed very good and adds extra immersion! Hopefully, there will be a way to more easily toggle on/off this excellently implemented feature

senrab
    Participant

Hi,

Just wondering if the motion controller support will work for Pico 4 (while streaming over Virtual Desktop)?

WH1TEN01SE
    Participant

Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked, but I’ve scanned most of the threads –

How do I switch the game back to playing on desktop? Steam VR is not running, Oculus is not running, and no vorpX controller is running. Apologies, I’m very noobish when it comes to modding. Is there a file I can remove from directory to make the game launch normally?

beemzy
    Participant

Try moving [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins\vpxCP2077.asi to another folder (or change file ext name eg rename to “vpxCP2077.asiDISABLED”

Havent done this in a while but this is what I wrote in my own notes on this

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!