Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 931 total)
  • Author
    Nieenden
    Participant

Using the latest vorpX 23.1.0 beta results in no direct VR features, no head tracking, and stuck in a “flat” Edgepeek mode. It’s playable but not the full immersive VR mode. Some very limited 3d is available by selecting Z-Adaptive and Z-Normal 3d modes. I imagine the standalone mod will be the same. It is nice to have the overhead car camera available back again :).

Ralf has had amazing support for this game. Let’s be patient.

Nieenden
    Participant

Same result as above post in the standalone Cyberpunk VR mod.

I reinstalled the newest CET 2.02 hotfix a second time and now the direct VR features work but no edgepeek. It could just be something else on my end or you all may have similar results.

Ralf
    Keymaster

2023/10/27

Version alpha 9c is available. Adds compatibility with Cyberpunk 2077 2.02.

Users of the most recent vorpX beta receive an incremental auto-update, standalone users have to redownload and reinstall the mod.

mateuszw1995
    Participant

I changed from standalone mod to latest Vorpx beta and it tells me that the mod is for version 1.61. I downloaded Cyberpunk 2077 [vorpX] profile. How to update it?

beemzy
    Participant

<b>2023/10/27</b>

Version alpha 9c is available. Adds compatibility with Cyberpunk 2077 2.02.

Users of the most recent vorpX beta receive an incremental auto-update, standalone users have to redownload and reinstall the mod.

Thanks for the fast update!

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ mateuszw1995

When you launch the game, vorpX should ask about additional components that have to be updated. If not, please make sure that you didn’t accidentally disable profile updates in the config app.

mateuszw1995
    Participant

@ mateuszw1995

When you launch the game, vorpX should ask about additional components that have to be updated. If not, please make sure that you didn’t accidentally disable profile updates in the config app.

Yes, it asked for update launching first time but it is still in old version.

I goes back to standalone mod. I have bigger issue now in 2.02 version. The HUD scaling don’t work – HUD is displayed wide no matted of settings. It works fine in 2.01 and previous mod version.

Vohaul214
    Participant

@Ralf it seems there is a bug in alpha 9c the in game HUD can no longer be resized using the vorpx menu. For me its a game breaker as using edgepeek to check the map while your driving is making me nauseous.

Really appreciate the mod, its so much fun wandering around NC in VR, THANKS!

Ralf
    Keymaster

2023/11/02

An updated version of alpha 9c for CP2077 2.02 is available. Fixes the broken HUD scaling in the last release.

beemzy
    Participant

<b>2023/11/02</b>

An updated version of alpha 9c for CP2077 2.02 is available. Fixes the broken HUD scaling in the last release.

Unfortunately 9c re-introduces the free-floating markets glitch. I’ve chosen to go back to 9b as I prioritise having correctly positioned markers vs ability to resize HUD. For those who need 9c, the mod ActuallyNoMoreMarkersOnScreen might help to hide the rogue markers

Schroedingercat
    Participant

Hi everyone! I just installed cyberpunk again yesterday because I heard about this awesome VR mod and got a Quest 3. I have the latest everything installed, but when I start Cyberpunk from steam, it doesn’t do anything more than a floating screen in front of me. My motion controllers don’t work – i can move the mouse cursor with one of my controllers but nothing else works. I can also only select continue-load-new (the top 3 menu buttons). The controller won’t control anything past the bottom half of the screen. When I go in game using mouse/keyboard, I can move the camera around just like i could move my mouse cursor around. I don’t have a vorpx menu or tutorial or anything that pops up when I load the game.

What other steps can I do to troubleshoot this? Is there a log kept somewhere that I can look at?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that you have the latest CP 2077 and the latest version of the mod.

Schroedingercat
    Participant

Yes, I downloaded cyberpunk last night as a fresh install with a fully fresh directory (on a new HD I got for my birthday!!) and downloaded the vorpx mod for the first time ever last night. Would Vorpx show up in my task manager or anything when i go to load the game? I can’t even tell that it’s been activated. It honestly looks like I’m just using virtual desktop to see my screen when I start the game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

With the standalone mod you see only the game in the task manager, that’s perfectly fine.

Please don’t use VD. Download the Quest/Oculus PC app if you haven’t already and then use Quest Link with Oculus mode selected in the mod config tool. No SteamVR required, no VD required.

If it works correctly, the first thing you see in the headset is a launch room with instructions and a motion controller tutorial.

Schroedingercat
    Participant

Ah! thank you, excellent advice that I didn’t even think to check. I will see if that was the cause of the problem after I get my headset back lol. Appreciate all your blood sweat and tears on making my dream come true here!

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 931 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!