Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Cyberpunk VR Update Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 945 total)
  • Author
    bwgfx
    Blocked

The biggest issue is the not being 360 veiw it cuts of at the edge of vision so you always have a box around your vision which is weird? Anyone know how to fix this?

beemzy
    Participant

Im not using the Steam VR version so dont know for sure how your setup should be. To get basic functioning VR for CP2077, my guess would be you use the Virtual Desktop program and a dedicated router. That should be enough for basic use.

For the rest of the stuff, the terms seem confusing at first but just google them and you will progressively absorb them and understand what they mean. It’s only really needed to fine tune the performance.

bwgfx
    Blocked

All seems to be working pretty well. Just getting latency issues/stuttering and aliasing textures. Any ideas to get it more smooth and limit the fizzing on the textures? Thanks again guys

Rachebart
    Participant

Tempering with cars camera views is not that good of an idea, because it can be part of the gameplay. In PL there’s a missions thread called “I’ve seen that face before” where you need to hack a car and take control of it from the trunk. You need to drive using the cars cameras but Vorpx forces the view back to the trunk, making the mission unplayable and I had to make that part in flat mode 🤷‍♂️

beemzy
    Participant

All seems to be working pretty well. Just getting latency issues/stuttering and aliasing textures. Any ideas to get it more smooth and limit the fizzing on the textures? Thanks again guys

You will need to adjust your Airlink and headset settings to reduce latency. The 4k textures from Nexus Mods I recommended in my previous post help improve how things look.

matteo39
    Participant

with cyb 2077 vorpx mod, if i use virtua desktop streamer, and steamvr, vorpx won’t start (i set vorpx to use steamvr)…it says “there is no oculus headset…”

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please don’t use any third party tools. Use native Oculus rendering with Quest Link. No SteamVR, no VD, no third party stuff at all.

DrDexxer
    Participant

Ok got my Quest 3 + 4090 today :-) had to test Cyberpunk!
    Kinda works – but I see a black border at the bottom of the screen. I think the resolution might not be quite customed for the Quest 3 (maybe its for the smaller POV of Q2?)? Is there a way to adjust it?
    Is that what i have to play with?: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/custom-resolutions-for-the-direct-vr-settings-optimizer/

bwgfx
    Blocked

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the wisdom. So just put headset on. Connect occulus link then start the game? Not through steam vr? Will this help latency then?

bwgfx
    Blocked

If you try to run it without steam vr all you get is a super wide angle screen in front of you and no vr immersion… This isnt correct.In steam vr it is near perfect usng stand alone mod but aliasing and a bit steppy. Can anyone suggest how to get it working well?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Again: Do NOT use SteamVR with a Quest headset. Just don’t. By doing so you make things unnecessarily complicated.

Use Quest Link with the mod set to Oculus. That works perfectly fine. SteamVR is only supposed to be used with native SteamVR headsets like Valve Index.

gtuf1
    Participant

Ralf, your mid does work with SteamVR over Virtual Desktop though as long as people use your configuration app correctly.

I’ve tried both, however, and still lean towards using Link.

The more I dived into all the settings you make available to us, the more incredible I’ve found your mod to be. Reduced judder setting… FPS% selection… swap of B and Y buttons. It seems you’ve truly thought of anything and everything with this mod.

I have a 3090 and have personally found turning off Ray Tracing to be the most effective at getting an amazing picture at a solid frame rate (Phenomenal). Have been enjoying the game again for the first time since I finished it in 2020 and it’s like playing an entirely new experience. Thank you again for your brilliant work!

beemzy
    Participant

If you try to run it without steam vr all you get is a super wide angle screen in front of you and no vr immersion… This isnt correct.In steam vr it is near perfect usng stand alone mod but aliasing and a bit steppy. Can anyone suggest how to get it working well?

Have you tried running the mod’s config to set it to Oculus with Airlink? Presumably you need to connect your Quest to your PC’s Oculus app using Airlink, and then you launch CP2077 which the mod will set to VR via Airlink? I dont have Steam CP2077 but my Steam Starfield launches in a way similar to this

After one successful launch the app will appear in your Oculus Airlink home page as a frequently used app so that after, you can launch from there each time you make an Airlink connection

beemzy
    Participant

CP2077 Patch 2.02 has been released

TheVRGuy
    Participant

Did anyone check if vorpx is compatible with the new patch yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!