Final Fantasy XIV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy XIV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    kurova
    Participant

Hey all, up until recently I was able to use the Nier Automata settings to get FFXIV to work in vorpx. G3D wasn’t a thing but Z-types worked surprisingly well. I know others have had success with a Cloud Profile that was posted.

Has anyone had any luck recently? Vorpx tries to hook the launcher when I remove that from the exclusion list so it seems to be functioning properly in that way, but it no longer attempts to hook onto the actual game client. Just boots up normally without an attempt every time now. I’ve tried with both DX11 and DX11 disabled.

Any ideas?

steph12
    Participant

wow, i didnt know ff14 was working in Z3D !!!

wish your issue could be fixed tho !

did you try alternative hooking method ?

kurova
    Participant

Yeah I did unfortunately – same results. Game boots up immediately and doesn’t even seem to attempt to hook onto the application :(

It’s super unfortunate because the Z3D settings actually work extremely well and as much as I’d like G3D the game looks good enough to where I’m not bothered by not having the option.

Is there any way to revert to old versions of the software? I’m trying to determine if it’s more so a vorpx issue or a XIV issue but haven’t had much luck.

steph12
    Participant

no you cant revert to older versions.

did you delete your ff14 profile (based on nier automata) and tried to create a new one ?

for how long your profile has been working correctly with Z3D until it finally stopped working ?

kurova
    Participant

I did delete the profile – created a new one the same way I had before and same thing happened. I tried downloading the cloud profile that a few people had endorsed as well and was met with the same problem.

It was some time in the past 3 months when it stopped working.. prior to that I had used it for about 2-3 months without issue.

3 months ago I had uninstalled the game(decided to take a short break) and now upon reinstalling the game the issue has appeared. Using the same client as before (non-Steam).

Tried both the alternative hooking method and running both the vorpX control and game client as Admin to see if maybe something was preventing some form of writing(don’t know if that’s how vorpX works I’m by no means a software expert lol) but neither changed anything.

steph12
    Participant

i see.

well, that would be amazing if Ralf could eventually make a ff14 official profile ^^

we already have teso, wow, and with ff14 we would have the 3 main mmorpgs playable with vorpx, that’d be great.

Ralf, if you read this, i salute you :)

kurova
    Participant

Yeah it would be fantastic. I was playing through the main story in first person and it adds so much depth to the world. I just wish I knew what else to troubleshoot :(

kurova
    Participant

Figured it out! I requested a new installer and deleted/reinstalled VorpX.

Upon reinstalling VorpX I was able to rebuild a new profile based on a copy from Nier:Automata.

Added to hook list:
    -ffxiv_dx11.exe
    -ffxiv.exe

Added to excluded programs:
    -ffxivlauncher.exe
    -ffxivlauncher64.exe

Booted up the game and was able to use both Z3D options immediately without issue. G3D option is listed but it doesn’t seem to do anything(maybe someone else with more expertise can figure this out?).

The issue lies with the game profile database update – something inside of there is what causes the profile to no longer work. Perhaps a tweak was made for Nier or there is something else going on but by not installing that database update I’m once again able to use FFXIV without any issues.

Hope this helps someone else get their game up and running! :)

steph12
    Participant

niiiiiiiiiiiceeeee !!!! :)

thank you for sharing this with us :) and with that step by step tuto to achieve that, i will try to do the same when i’ll soon play that game ^^

have fun on ff14 !

Baktus
    Participant

Im not able to hook with vorpx and copy of nir automata profile :(

Baktus
    Participant

Sry my mistake, hooks and run well :)

enderzt
    Participant

Hmm I am running into the same problem as you. Even following your steps of uninstalling Vorpx and ignoring the database update, Vorpx can’t seem to hook into FFXIV at all with the cloud profile or the modified Nier profile.

steph12
    Participant

yep doesnt hook for me neither.

kurova
    Participant

So I’m coming back to this but I’m not exactly expecting to find a solution at this point… but yes I’ve gotten it to hook and the game plays great

BUT

The second that VorpX closes/computer restarts/switch to a new game profile, it stops hooking.

I literally need to uninstall the game, delete whatever is left over in the Program Files folder, and reinstall VorpX. I then have to create the copy profile from Nier, add the programs, add the exclusion, and then it’s good to go.

..until the app closes again.

I have no clue what could be causing this but I can consistently get it to work with this method.. albeit it being extremely obnoxious. You don’t have to delete the registry information.. just the app itself. I keep the installer on my external drive and just go through this process every time I want to play.

Hopefully that helps get you guys up and running and hopefully Ralf or someone else can enlighten me as to why this is or a potential fix.

kurova
    Participant

I literally need to uninstall the game, delete whatever is left over in the Program Files folder, and reinstall VorpX. I then have to create the copy profile from Nier, add the programs, add the exclusion, and then it’s good to go.

Correction, I need to UNINSTALL VORPX NOT THE GAME.

I can’t go back and edit apparently lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!