Final Fantasy XIV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy XIV

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

steph12
    Participant

if only we could have official profile, that would end this, it’s not the first time someone claiming that it got to work and then others pple try and fail at it, it’s getting very tiring and frustrating.

would be great if we could get a word from Ralf on this just to know if we can expect a profile some day for this game or if we better forget it for good.

Macpanama
    Participant

Such a good game though I’d play it all the time if we got a full G3D profile

Kaaliba
    Participant

@Ralf: Hi there! If you see this, I’m wondering if you could add any input as to how we might be able to get Final Fantasy XIV to work? I’ve tried the suggestions in this thread to no avail. I can’t seem to get vorpX to hook to the game EXE at all. vorpX doesn’t actually seem to be trying to connect, for some reason. I’m not getting a prompt to install a hook helper, the game just launches to my computer screen and no vorpX message appears at all.

As part of my troubleshooting, I actually found a way to launch the game EXE without using the separate launcher (by copying the authentication token from the launcher to a batch file and then running the batch file). I was hoping that maybe the handoff from the launcher to the main EXE was causing the problem with vorpX. However, even directly launching the game EXE, vorpX doesn’t seem to try to hook.

I’ve tried the Cloud profile “Final Fantasy XIV (DX11) [zahncisten]”. I’ve also tried creating a new profile based on “NieR: Automata” based on others’ suggestions. Neither profile is getting a response from vorpX.

As always, thanks for your amazing work! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kaaliba
    Participant

OMG OMG OMG it works!!!

After a few hours of tinkering, I think I’ve got a consistently working solution for Final Fantasy XIV. For me, the game needs the Hook Helper. Unfortunately, vorpX never prompts to install the Hook Helper. Here’s what I did:

– Install the Hook Helper on a DIFFERENT game. For me, I used Destiny 2.
    – Navigate to the game folder for the game you just configured the Hook Helper. Inside this folder, you should see something like “version.dll”. This is the vorpX Hook Helper. You can confirm this by going to Properties->Details for the file. You’ll see that the “File descripion” is “vorpX VR Driver”. Note that from my research, this file may also be named “d3d9.dll”, “Dxgi.dll”, or possibly “vorpWrap.dll”.
    – One you’ve found the Hook Helper DLL, copy this to the Final Fantasy XIV game folder. For me, the path is “C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn\game”.

After this, vorpX should have no problem hooking into Final Fantasy XIV.

I used the NieR: Automata profile for Final Fantasy XIV. So far, it seems to work well using Z3D-Normal. I recommend cranking up the 3D Strength all the way (3.0) and also increasing the Depth Weighting (I’m testing with 1.0 here). The 3D isn’t very strong without these settings.

I just got this to work a moment ago, so I’m very much so still testing. So far, so good, though! =)

kurry
    Participant

Is there any where to download the hook helper files?
    I’ve been trying to get this to work for days.

steph12
    Participant

kaaliba, thank you very much for the detailed explanation and sharing your findings with us !! much appreciated :)

i’ll try the same soon and report back if it also works for me.

kurry
    Participant

Ralf, any way we can get a profile for this game?
    RPGs don’t really get much love when it comes to Vorpx :(

Kaaliba
    Participant

@kurry : I searched the vorpX installation folders, but I can’t seem to find the Hook Helper DLL anywhere as an individual file. I suspect the vorpX may be doing some sort of automatic configuration for the DLL when it installs the Hook Helper for a game. Therefore, unless @Ralf releases the DLL, I think the only way to get the file is to install the Hook Helper for another game and then locate the Hook Helper DLL that it installed. I wish I could help, but I definitely can’t upload the DLL since it is Ralf’s copyrighted work.

@steph12
    : My pleasure! I’ve now logged many hours of play, and no issues so far! I hope it works for you also. Let us know! =)

kurry
    Participant

Thanks, I ended up downloading Destiny 2 and got it working!
    I didn’t see any sense of 3D though, so I ended up going back and playing it on Virtual Desktop.
    Thanks for the help

steph12
    Participant

so Z3D is not working after all ?

Kaaliba
    Participant

@kurry : Glad to hear it hooked for you with Destiny 2! Z3D does work, though, with real 3D. After I test just a bit more, I’ll share my profile in case that helps. I’m really just using the NieR: Automata profile. If I recall correctly, NieR: Automata defaults to Geometry 3D, which definitely does not work. If you haven’t already, be sure to switch to Z3D-Normal. You should notice a slight (but noticeable) 3D. After cranking up 3D Strength and Depth Weighting, you should start to see much better 3D. It’s still not as dramatic as some games, but I think that’s just the way the layout of Final Fantasy XIV is. Feel free to let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

@steph12
    : Z3D-Normal definitely works! Very real 3D–no flat screen. =)

kurry
    Participant

I’ll try again :) It might be because I’m using GShade, I’ll uninstall it and see if that works.

Kaaliba
    Participant

@kurry : Good luck! I’m not familiar with GShade, but it looks interesting! It does look like that could potentially kill the 3D since it apparently also utilizes the Z buffer info.

dellrifter22
    Participant

With the dxgi.dll Hook Helper I copied from an attempt at MGSV Ground Zeros, I managed hook into the ff14 trial version to try the G3D tools. It took most of the weekend to find the right combination, but I’m pretty happy with the result. New G3D Immersive profile on the cloud:

Final Fantasy XIV Online (G3D)

**Requires vorpX dxgi.dll Hook Helper be installed in the same folder as ffxiv_dx11.exe. As mentioned in the post above, you’ll need some luck in creating this dll for another dx11 game that hangs on launch and triggers the Hook Helper prompt. I used Ground Zeros.

Also, remember to exclude ffxivlauncher.exe from the boot folder using the vorpX config app.

-set dx11 mode
    -use a 16:9 resolution (1920×1080, 2560×1440)
    -recommend to Hide all NPC shadows in settings
    -set Shadow Resolution to Low 512p
    -set Shadow Cascading to Off
    -set Shadow Softening to Strong

*press C for 1st person view
    *hide NPC names in settings or increase vorpX HUD depth for better eye relief
    *global illumination can be toggled off with vorpX Shadow Treatment if the shadows bother (“No S3D” is default for best result when on)
    *tested on HP Reverb with mouse/keyboard

DLC not tested, but hopefully it will be fine. It’s impossible for me to find and treat every particle effect in the game, but it seems the basics are all there. Shadow offset is quite tolerable with the reduced settings mentioned above, but you can toggle global light for a cleaner look if you prefer (delete menu, image page). Z3D is also available and working.

I’ve never really been into MMOs, but I gotta say, running around and seeing all of the colorful characters and animals has been a delight. I see why you want to see them all in 3D, and I hope you too will be delighted :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!