Final Fantasy XIV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy XIV

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    MENGKESHI
    Participant

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue – I need to uninstall and reinstall vorpx every time I want to use it on ff14. I can even reimport my own profile after reinstall and everything is fine. Anyone have a quicker fix yet?

steph12
    Participant

would be so great if we could get an official profile for this mmorpg, ff14 is a great mmo and with vorpx it would be a dream comes true to play !

Mooncubus
    Participant

Sorry for my noob question but I cannot for the life of me get vorpx to exclude any programs other than the default ones. I’ve tried putting ffxivlauncher.exe in the excluded programs list but the changes won’t save no matter how many times I click Apply. What am I doing wrong?

steph12
    Participant

ff14 doesnt work with vorpx, doesnt hook.

John Paul
    Participant

Anyone found a way to hook currently? I’m dying to try this

Xain
    Participant

I tried today and the worst thing is Vorpx doesn’t even try, its as if it doesn’t detect a game is launching at all. It like to try to hook the launcher but the game itself? Nah. I even tried copying the Nier profile then starting XIV and pointing the created profile to the running FFXIV process and still nothing. I would try reinstalling Vorpx like the guys in this thread but that shit is a hassle since you have to get a new key each time.

presidentsenpai
    Participant

Yeah I almost got this working, I set it to Oculus and it gave me an error but it at least hooked. After a couple of failed attempts, VORPX stopped trying to hook at all. This is the steam version of the game, if anyone has any tips on getting this working please let me know.

BuddyLeviathan
    Participant

I would also love to get this working. The only way I can get it to even begin to run is by loading up the desktop viewer and playing it inside of there.

lfrawley78
    Participant

I found a way to get this working for me. I have the standard version of the game (not Steam version) I had to add the game to Steam as non-Steam game, run steam VR, start the game up which loads the launcher, logged in and VorpX hooked it this way. Every other way it would not hook the game. Hope this helps.

steph12
    Participant

I found a way to get this working for me. I have the standard version of the game (not Steam version) I had to add the game to Steam as non-Steam game, run steam VR, start the game up which loads the launcher, logged in and VorpX hooked it this way. Every other way it would not hook the game. Hope this helps.

z3d or g3d working ?

kurova
    Participant

Does this persist through computer resets as well? Makes me wonder if the Oculus software is what’s causing issues if SteamVR consistently works, though the idea of needing to use SteamVR over Oculus is unfortunate considering it’s another layer or resources being tacked on.

kurova
    Participant

I did manage to get this working again using the old method of uninstalling/reinstalling VorpX and using a copy of the Nier profile. z3d still works the same, though I did notice for whatever reason g3d was doing… something for me. I’m not knowledgeable enough on how to actually build profiles for games but when turning on g3d I get a massive performance hit and notice that light sources seem to double up on intensity, so maybe something could be done by someone who knows more than I do?

John Paul
    Participant

I’m trying your meathod but can’t get it to work.

Do you have the launcher excluded? and which profile and exe are you using
    Open vorpx before or after you open the launcher ?

John Paul
    Participant

I’m trying your method but can’t get it to work.

Do you have the launcher excluded? and which profile and exe are you using

John Paul
    Participant

I just keep getting vorpx to hook to the launcher and not the game as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!