Final Fantasy XIV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy XIV

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    BuddyLeviathan
    Participant

So, I decided to give this a try today. I have the full game and can confirm it was working across the expansion areas and in dungeon. I did experience an artifact where it was casting shadows on one eye display but not the other in certain situations.
    The issue I have is the dxgi.dll file will cause a failed version check if it is in the game directory when you login. I have to move the file out of the folder, login, and then move the file back in. I was using dellrifter22’s file version, so maybe I can resolve that with a different version of the hook helper? Either way, I am excited there is a working method as I was wanting to play this game in vorpx for the whole past year.

Reevethelion
    Participant

Oh nice, thanks for the tip!
    So headtracking and everything?

Frankly the idea of playing a MMO while being fully immersed in it is just blowing my mind. Can’t wait for next week to try it out as well!

Aslo thanks for the reupload of the file :D

Aaroncls
    Participant

Hey Dellrifter,

You were right on the money, changing the option for the new upscaling / sharpness method worked.
    Did not work on Full; but Off, Low and Medium did enable G3D back on.

Note however that after changing some G3D properties (3D strength) Medium setting also got the lines, leaving me now with only Off and Low. Which work very well, btw.

Quick question, would it be possible to correct the dynamic light issue at some point?
    Shadows aren’t really that important, but the light can really make the image (sunlight and moonlight specially).
    Or would this seem like something unattainable at the moment?

Thank you so much for your support with this profile, man. We really appreciate it.

Reevethelion
    Participant

I have a follow-up question now.

I used the method explained above and I managed to get it to work!
    I can hook VorpX to FFXIV and play in cinema mode without problem.

However I was wondering how you guys managed to make it work in Full VR.
    When I try to switch to FullVR, it “feels” first person, but when I move my head, it’s like what I see on screen just follows and keep being recentered in front of my eyes rather than if the camera was looking around (if that makes sense?)

Have you guys found a workaround to make the camera follow your head movements?

dellrifter22
    Participant

@ Aaroncls Given my limited capabilities, I was unable to find a better solution for dynamic lights other than to provide the option to disable them. Some environments are less offensive than others, so you can toggle between vorpX Shadow Treatment “turn OFF” and “No S3D” to see which suits the situation best. One trick that can help mitigate the lack of dynamic light is to boost the gamma and saturation values to make the scene appear more vibrantly lit.

@ Reevethelion Due to the very low field of view restrictions of the camera, FullVR mode isn’t really suitable in this game unfortunately. You can try the FullVR mode with image zoom moved out to around 0.40 to get an idea of where it needs to be, but the screen edges will be very noticeable.

In FF14 you need to hold down the right mouse button to rotate the camera. So if you want to control the camera with your head tracking, you’ll need to hold down right mouse button while you look around.

BuddyLeviathan
    Participant

In first person view, the arrow keys on the keyboard make your character look with their head. Is it possible to map that to the head tracking?

garizle
    Participant

@dellrifter22 would you be able to re-upload this again please? Would like to give it a try, was a little late to your upload. Thanks!

domoariroboto
    Participant

Your option REALLY worked for me! I used the hook helper like you said from Destiny 2. It took some time to download but whatever. Once Vorpx asked if I’d like to use a hook helper I said yes. I then copied the version.dll file and placed it in the FFXIV Game Folder. Once I did that I found the Nier Automata Game Profile on Vorpx Cloud and made a look alike profile from it and then added the FFXIV_DX11.exe to the profile so it could hook. I also excluded ffxivlaucher.exe from Vorpx picking it up and trying to hook to it.

THEN IT WORKED! Also I’ve uploaded the version.dll file (the alternate hooking method) to one of my google drives. So if anyone is having a hard time getting it I can send the link.

ALSO, Want to know the solution to typing in chat in VR in FFXIV?!! You need to Purchase OVR Toolkit from Steam and then you will be able to load a virtual keyboard in your space where you play the game. You can then type in chat without taking off your HMD! The keyboard even has a feature where you can Speak-to-Text. SO chatting in FFXIV without typing just your voice!!!!

domoariroboto
    Participant

If you need the hooking file I can send it to you! I have it and it’s worked for me!

domoariroboto
    Participant

@dellrifter22 would you be able to re-upload this again please? Would like to give it a try, was a little late to your upload. Thanks!

I know you will want the file so here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yAXTe5Fb9rlZFlX0wcFTH9UTAcxEQwzB/view?usp=sharing

PLEASE let me know how it goes for you and if you need any help! I am soo happy I play this game in VR and I want others to play it too!

domoariroboto
    Participant

domoariroboto
    Participant

So, I decided to give this a try today. I have the full game and can confirm it was working across the expansion areas and in dungeon. I did experience an artifact where it was casting shadows on one eye display but not the other in certain situations.
    The issue I have is the dxgi.dll file will cause a failed version check if it is in the game directory when you login. I have to move the file out of the folder, login, and then move the file back in. I was using dellrifter22’s file version, so maybe I can resolve that with a different version of the hook helper? Either way, I am excited there is a working method as I was wanting to play this game in vorpx for the whole past year.

I posted a link to the hook helper that I have that’s working for me.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Thanks. Maybe a better solution than reposting to Privfile every month.

The profile I uploaded to cloud was copied from Nier for Z3D, but I added Geometry 3D and assigned shadow and HUD layers to the vorpX UI. It’s not perfect, but there if you want to try it [dellrifter22]. You can switch between Z3D/G3D by hotkey at any time if things look wrong.

domoariroboto
    Participant

@ Aaroncls Given my limited capabilities, I was unable to find a better solution for dynamic lights other than to provide the option to disable them. Some environments are less offensive than others, so you can toggle between vorpX Shadow Treatment “turn OFF” and “No S3D” to see which suits the situation best. One trick that can help mitigate the lack of dynamic light is to boost the gamma and saturation values to make the scene appear more vibrantly lit.

@ Reevethelion Due to the very low field of view restrictions of the camera, FullVR mode isn’t really suitable in this game unfortunately. You can try the FullVR mode with image zoom moved out to around 0.40 to get an idea of where it needs to be, but the screen edges will be very noticeable.

In FF14 you need to hold down the right mouse button to rotate the camera. So if you want to control the camera with your head tracking, you’ll need to hold down right mouse button while you look around.

You can download FFXIV Quick launcher and then Dalamud’s Plugin. You will need those two things, then the plugin Cammy to get a wider FOV. I use it and it’s awesome! I play in first person mostly. What’s also great is that if you have any problem with the Cammy plugin like I did you can post on Github the issue on the cammy page and the creator will get back to you quickly.

Yukian
    Participant

I wanted to thank you all for the resources and guidance provided allthorough this thread.

Being able to play this game in VR is both awesome and mindblowing, and it was and well worth the price of vorpX even just for the experience.

Of course, it does have it´s limitations vs a full VR experience/game, but for walking around and exploring Eorzea this is more than i had hoped.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!