Final Fantasy XIV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy XIV

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    ArgoEve
    Participant

I have a different problem – managed to get Hook Helper (run ffxiv_dx11.exe as Admin and it will popup). But every time I launch it I only hear sound in my headset and the display is the default SteamVR background. Tried windowed, borderless etc. can’t get it to work :/ anyone had a similar issue?

Seanv
    Participant

Had the same problem there

drpaulsw
    Participant

So, after a bunch of fiddling around, I was able to get the game to launch in VorpX. However, the 3D is off, meaning my left eye is jacked up, my right eye sees the game correctly (2D). I went through all the Virtual Desktop Full/Half SBS, no dice. When the game launches and on character selection, 3D is great. But once in game, goes to garbage. Any ideas?

Senan
    Participant

I’ve been messing around with this and I finally got the game to hook using the dll uploaded in this thread. I’m using dellrifter22 profile but for some reason, the G3D is messed up. Like, the picture in the right lens has these distorted colors and I’m not sure how to fix it. I followed the instructions for the graphics tweaks but it didn’t help this issue.

Z3D mode, on the other hand, seems to work well but it’s obviously never nearly as good as G3D so it’d be nice if I could find a fix to this. Anyone else deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Umbraascensor
    Participant

OMG OMG OMG it works!!!

After a few hours of tinkering, I think I’ve got a consistently working solution for Final Fantasy XIV. For me, the game needs the Hook Helper. Unfortunately, vorpX never prompts to install the Hook Helper. Here’s what I did:

– Install the Hook Helper on a DIFFERENT game. For me, I used Destiny 2.
    – Navigate to the game folder for the game you just configured the Hook Helper. Inside this folder, you should see something like “version.dll”. This is the vorpX Hook Helper. You can confirm this by going to Properties->Details for the file. You’ll see that the “File descripion” is “vorpX VR Driver”. Note that from my research, this file may also be named “d3d9.dll”, “Dxgi.dll”, or possibly “vorpWrap.dll”.
    – One you’ve found the Hook Helper DLL, copy this to the Final Fantasy XIV game folder. For me, the path is “C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn\game”.

After this, vorpX should have no problem hooking into Final Fantasy XIV.

I used the NieR: Automata profile for Final Fantasy XIV. So far, it seems to work well using Z3D-Normal. I recommend cranking up the 3D Strength all the way (3.0) and also increasing the Depth Weighting (I’m testing with 1.0 here). The 3D isn’t very strong without these settings.

I just got this to work a moment ago, so I’m very much so still testing. So far, so good, though! =)

I am trying to follow these steps. I got the DXIG.DLL file moved it to my game location and got the launcher excluded. I can log in and click play however, the game goes black, no audio and ends up with a not responding and i have to force it closed. I also have dellrifter22’s prfile imported to my local profiles.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!