Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    biggsgaming
    Participant

@VR-Punk

Thank you very much! I will try it out tomorrow :)

Mark7
    Participant

Danke / thanks VR-Punk!

slydog43
    Participant

I definitely want to try this out, expensive release. Will wait till Ralf chimes in with hopefully good news and maybe official profile.

Dave
    Participant

I play the Trilogy for the first time, and after 11 hours i have to say it is a fantastic experience to play it in G3D with “living” NPC’s. Forget Skyrim VR or Fallout 4 VR, the NPCs are technical outdated in that games and are not impressive enough to believe that they are “living”. But the Mass Effect Legendary Edition blows me away !!!

Next week will Days Gone be released with also Unreal Engine DX11 support, and we will get a second Blockbuster in G3D with “living” NPCs. It’s a pity, that we can’t play every game in G3D. I would buy a second expansive graphic card, if it would be of any use.

dborosev
    Participant

I too, hope Days Gone will be a good one.

themerote
    Participant

So how do you hook ME1 LE, do you need to pause it until you selected it in the Legendary Edition Launcher? Someone mentioned they disabled LE Launcher in Vorpx menu, anyone know how to do that? I couldn’t find G3D settings with the Bioshock infinite profile just Z3D. Let’s hope Ralph puts us out of our misery and drops an awesome profile soon, would be great to have 1 profile for all 3 games so you can drop in and out. I tried the old version of ME2 with G3D and the FP mod and it looked amazing, just didn’t work with the controller mod and I hate using keyboard in VR so I decided to get the LE, I must say they have been well improved, I still think EA are tight not giving owners any discount but even if they did it still probably wouldn’t be as much as CDKeys. 10 bucks for each game aint bad.

luka2099
    Participant

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”> @Sephael</font></font>

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Ho una RTX 3080 e le stesse prestazioni calano in alcune situazioni, questo non è un nostro errore, è un problema del motore aggiornato.</font></font>

I’m Italian and I use google translator, so I don’t know if I understand correctly. but then also in your opinion after the latest vorpx update some games drop in performance compared to before?

Sephael
    Participant

@Luka2099
    Not at all.
    We were discussing using the Bioshock Infinite’s profile on Mass Effect Legendary Edition for the Geometry 3D, we were sayng it is really taxing on performances.

This concerne no other games than Mass Effect Legendary Edition with Geometry 3D.

Dave
    Participant

@themerote

In the vorpx-config app you can exclude the launcher by picking the *.exe. of it. After that in the local profiles in the config app create a new profile based on the Bioshock Infinite profile with the assigned MassEffect1.exe of the Legendary Edition in the vorpx config app.

After the game was hooked by vorpx and you can see the game in your headset, just press the “Del Button” on your Keyboard and change the settings. You can also play around with the settings, you can reset it in the vorpx config app if needed.

Cinema mode
    Head-tracking MP 0.00
    HT Sensitivity 0.00
    Geometry 2.00
    Fluidsync on
    Frameslimit 40-45fps

In the Mass Effect in-game options change this settings.

4:3 Resolution
    Borderless
    Dynamic Shadows off
    Blur off
    Grain off
    AA off
    Ambient Occlusion off

themerote
    Participant

Thanks, I used the custom launcher mod in the end as the game launcher is pointless so now I can just jump into all 3 games from the desk top. https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/46

All these settings work great, thanks so much, no crashes so far

Cinema mode
    Head-tracking MP 0.00
    HT Sensitivity 0.00
    Geometry 2.00
    Fluidsync on
    Frameslimit 40-45fps – I used (Oculus Tray tool) for this

In the Mass Effect in-game options change this settings.

4:3 Resolution
    Borderless
    Dynamic Shadows off
    Blur off
    Grain off
    AA off
    Ambient Occlusion off

I also played with the FOV setting with the Bioshock Infinite profile and zoomed the screen all the way in. It looks great with hardly any borders.

It’s a great day to be able to play Mass Effect trilogy in VR, lets hope one day someone like Luke Ross works on a VR mod.

Dave
    Participant

I use the vorpx fov enhancement +25 in combination with the flawless widescreen app with fov +20. No Problems with popping textures or other glitches.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that there will be an official profile shortly, checked ME1 today. Took me a little while to get rid of an occasional crash related to antialising, but now things are working as they are supposed to. Antialising included.

Provided there aren’t any surprises with ME2+3, I expect to get profiles ready for all three games before the weekend.

Sephael
    Participant

@ Ralf
    Nice !
    Do you know if the performance of G3D will be as taxing as the Bioshock infinite profile, or if it should be smoother ?

themerote
    Participant

Amazing news and with all the graphics tweaks, You are a wizard man. I’m guessing 16.9 res as well and no ASW 45FPS hack will be needed? I wonder are you gonna do 3 profiles or 1 that works on all 3 games? would be sweet to switch out of each game with the same profile but not the end of the world either way as long as they can be played in G3D with all graphics enhancements or even some turned down I’ll be a happy man. ME1 looks fantastic even with everything switched off, Couldn’t get 2 or 3 to work so I’m super excited for this, wow I forgot how dam good these games are. What would we do without Vorpx, just dream I guess :)

Dave
    Participant

Great News ! I’m looking forward to the profile !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!