Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Unreal Engine 3, DX11 and low requirements let hope me to play G3D at day one !

Recommended:
    Intel Core i7-7700 oder AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    NVIDIA GTX 1070, AMD Radeon Vega 56 4 GB
    RAM: 16 GB
    HDD: 120 GB

Ralf
    Keymaster

Me too, hopefully someone looks into it. ;)

Seriously: I’ll check this one for sure shortly after release, as always no promises though.

BTW: Personally I wouldn’t need this. I can perfectly understand the current remaster-this-remaster-that-craze from a business perspective, but from a gamer’s point of view it still strikes me as fairly odd actually. Except maybe for some REALLY clunky-looking pre 2000 games like System Shock that you mentioned earlier I consider remasters mostly unnecessary. I think the only one I ever really enjoyed was Tomb Raider Anniversary years ago. But only because it was an entirely new game instead of largely the same thing with a few more bells and whistles here and there. And maybe Monkey Island. Although on the other hand the original’s pixel look has its very own appeal, so maybe not…

Just my insignificant personal opinion, of course, probably just me getting old. Seriously hope you’ll have a good time exploring a freshly renovated galaxy!

Ogrescar
    Participant

I wouldn’t exactly call those low requirements.

Some of these re-masters don’t appear to be anything other than stealing what modder’s have done over the past couple of decades and selling it as a new product. I’d check Nexus Mods before buying to see if you’re getting your dollars worth.

dborosev
    Participant

Yeah, mass effect is without a doubt my favorite franchise of all time, but this is nothing but a cash grab unfortunately. They screwed up Andromeda, and left a massive decade-big hole in the greatest game series of all. And they know it. Now, with nothing to show but their d!cks in their hands, they have to “remaster” 15 year old games because thats all they can do for now. Sad. They could have done so much more.

I haven’t seen anything screenshot wise yet that looks much different. Some touch ups here or there, but certainly not re-buy worthy.
    (Playing old games in ***4K***, is just seeing an old ass game at higher resolution. No thanks.)

Ice
    Participant

I am looking forward to the remaster my self. It’s been years since I last played through them, and to now be able to play it all again is going to be epic.

I know that there are mods and textures to fix the old games, but after seeing this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJa_sY0f8jM (Mass Effect Legendary Trailer vs Originals, Side By Side Comparison) I think that waiting a few more months and comparing them will be worth it.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I admit the graphics in that vid look pretty good, but I’d really like to see a comparison to the hi-res packs you can get from Nexus. Some of the comparisons also appear to be taken at different screen resolutions, which is a little bit misleading.

jjensson
    Participant

I for one am very excited for the remaster, because as much as i love the first game of the trilogy, it’s quite clunky and could really use some “facelift”. And i don’t think there are any lighting mods available for it on Nexus.

I played the whole trilogy two years ago flat, had a wonderful experience with all the mods… But i’m still looking forward to play this remake, this time with VorpX. (hint, hint… :)

Ogrescar
    Participant

I don’t know about lighting mods, but we’re talking about the unreal engine, so you can do a lot with the graphics by changing some settings in the config files. Bioware purposefully blurred lo-res textures to make them less noticeable, for example.

dborosev
    Participant

it’s quite clunky and could really use some “facelift”.

Its still going to be a clunky 15 year old game, its just going to be clunky in 4k now.

That said, I’ve been wanting to reply it again anyways, so I might do so. But I don’t think some lens flares and better textures are going to do as much as you think. Its not like they’re remodeling the environments.

jjensson
    Participant

I’ve got the impression they would change weapon handling, textures, lighting and the GUI. But honestly i’m not sure. Maybe just wishful thinking… []-)

Ogrescar
    Participant

Supposedly, the GUI and controller setup are going to be reworked, which kind of implies better weapon handling. Hopefully they’ll ditch that klunky radial wheel for something more usable.

jjensson
    Participant

I never understood why people hate radial wheels. I encountered this kind of interface when i played Undying, and later in many console ports. Loved it, and always preferred it instead of having to memorize and use 20 different keys.

Dave
    Participant

Has anybody G3D working ? The Unreal Engine 3 Profile works, but without 3D !

Dave
    Participant

Update:

The official vorpx profile of Get Even works with decent Z3D, and experimental G3D with even correct FOV slider but with wrong shadows and lighting !

Dave
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!