Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    themerote
    Participant

Thanks for giving us avid fans a head start with ME1, really good job man.

HalloMolli
    Participant

I am still busy with Skyrim but I’d love a G3D profile for the Legendary Edition anyway. Thanks for doing this, Ralf!

jjensson
    Participant

Wonderful news. Much appreciated, Ralf!

Oliver S.
    Participant

Any news? I would love to start the second part but unfortunately it is not recognized by Vorpx. Can’t find a profile that fits either.

Dave
    Participant

I’m too ! The MassEffect2.exe Legendary is locked to the old incompatible official vorpx profile of MassEffect 2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is a rather unfortunate performance issue with ME2 legendary. Technically the games have been ported from DX9 to DX11 with absolutely zero focus on performance. ME1 already isn’t exactly great, but ME2 is extremely odd. Several times more draw calls per frame than the DX9 version while pretty much looking the same, at least almost. From looking at what happens when a frame renders, I’m almost inclined to think they may have thoroughly read some DX9 to DX11 best-practices-guide and then decided to always do the exact opposite of whatever the guide recommends. ;)

I’d like to check whether I can do something about that before uploading a profile, but as things stand I’d recommend the DX9 version for ME2. For ME1 the visual and gameplay updates are big enough to make the remaster superior, but for ME2 the rather small visual improvements don’t really justify the performance loss IMO. Didn’t check ME3 yet.

Dave
    Participant

ok, i trust you ! I will play the old ME2 + ME3, with a extra bunch of graphic and gameplay mods.

themerote
    Participant

This only issue is the original ME2 has no controller support and the mod that gives support interferes with Vorpx and doesn’t work properly, its a shame really coz the original looks great but keyboard is the only option.

Oliver S.
    Participant

Ah, good to know. Since I only own the Legendary version I would be happy if it would work out. So far my 2080ti has managed everything :) But i can wait. Thanks for trying.

Dave
    Participant

We need a controller fix for the old profiles or new profiles for Legendary Edition, so we have to wait a little bit longer.

Dave
    Participant

No Problems with the Controller Mod, with my Xbox One Controller in the original ME2. In the in-game Menu of vorpx i switched the Controller Mode from Keyboard and Mouse to Gamepad, and deactivated the Override Xbox Gamepad completely.

XmetalholicX
    Participant

I get that you don’t want to release an official profile until you get it working the way you need it to be but is there a work around that we can do to at least try use?
    Sidenote I might completely crazy but Mass Effect 1 LE seemed to work way better using the Batman Arkham profile as a base VS the BioShock.

guiguips
    Participant

Hello, any news for the ME2 anomaly? Just finished the first and I just can’t wait to start the second.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

I too would love to play ME Legendary Edition Trilogy through with a G3D profile at some point. It will save so much time trying to get all the originals working properly with graphics overhaul mods (plus the mods to enable game controllers too). I went through that entire process with TriDef and while the results were fantastic it was a long hard struggle to get everything right.

It would be well, well worth it to me to be able to plunk down for the Legendary Edition and know I’ll get a good result through vorpX.

guiguips
    Participant

Hello,
    Just saw the update and just tested the new mass effect profile. It Works great. There still is some small issues to fix with the 3D geometry so I have to play with the paramaters a little bit to find the right thing but it is good enougb to play so it’s better than nothing.

Thank you very much for the hard work.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!