Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Pay now / Alpha or Beta version?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    MrGeddings
    Participant

yeah i know it will be VorpX looks to be well thought out and made with wider support! thats why we wants it! :-p

MrGeddings
    Participant

release the beta to buy already! we dont care if its not “perfect” i bet in the state it is now its a lot better then the vireio drivers are! take my money! please!

WookieeFart
    Participant

release the beta to buy already! we dont care if its not “perfect” i bet in the state it is now its a lot better then the vireio drivers are! take my money! please!

Agreed… I have money to burn in regards to this! Just take my wallet.

daniel595654
    Participant

@Valez I just notice people requesting for games that already work on Vireio. You’d be amazed how easy it is for people to overlook things when there are already solutions out there. Plus I want healthy competition, because Vorpx said he was going to charge like $50 for his. Free versus $50? There has to be a middle ground, because that seems steep for just a driver. And I love sharing knowledge.

Valez
    Participant

Well, in the article von roadtovr it was $45, which may or may not be a price you would want to pay for good software and to support the developer.

Of course, competition is great, but that is not the point here.

Kudos for your love of sharing information, but please share correct information. Your link is to an old version, the new website fore vireio is .

Valez
    Participant

vire.io

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ MrGeddings : In terms of software development cycles 4 weeks is ‘extremely shortly’ after. ;) vorpX will be released as soon as it is ready for a public release. Rest assured that having something ready for you guys as fast as possible has high priority, that’s also the reason why website updates are a bit behind.

@ daniel, Valez: The introduction price will be $40, as announced in an previous interview – or 50 cent for each supported game, is that really that steep?. The $45 are a slight typo in the RoadToVR article.

daniel595654
    Participant

It depends on the support. Because with this there is a lot of variance in the quality of the support. Getting a game to run on an Oculus Rift is one thing, getting it to be playable, with readable menus, and high quality 3d stereoscopic support is another. That is something you have to do at a one-by-one game basis.

The only thing that I see differentiating your driver would be to do that work, that some might not be willing to do for free. In that case, that works. I only don’t know what a proper price should be. As a consumer I am of course biased to wanting to pay less. I kind of feel that paying the same amount as a game $40-50 is a bit steep. $25-30 makes more sense. Otherwise I would just go with the free version. But, again, that depends on what is going to differentiate your paid driver from a free driver.

Valez
    Participant

@ daniel, Valez: The introduction price will be $40, as announced in an previous interview.

Even better.

@ Daniel

Please consider that of now there is only a very little base of potential customers for such a driver. If Ralf could sell his work to 100Ks of customers this would be anohter matter, but there are only 20k orders for Rifts and only arround 8k are delivered so far.
    $40 for such a specialized software and such a small target audience is in fact really, really cheap.
    Also I recommend you read this article:

Valez
    Participant

Either I am to stupid to use the link function or there is a bug.

Just copy and paste this:

http://www.roadtovr.com/2013/05/31/unlock-the-vr-in-your-game-library-with-vorpx-and-the-oculus-rift-5874

Riot
    Participant

The FAQ states:
    “Expect a price in the range of a normal full price game.”

A normal full price game costs around 30€ nowadays – bought Crysis 3 on eBay on the day of release for less than that.

So VorpX will be $40? What about the “substantial early bird discount” that is promised in the FAQ?

Come on :-)

mrmaffen
    Participant

I’ve just seen CymaticBruce’s video featuring gameplay with VorpX. And I have to say: That looks absolutely awesome.

I’ve got my Rift for like 10 days now and I would love to buy a beta version of VorpX. Unfortunately Vireio doesn’t yet deliver quite the experience that I could see in CymaticBruce’s video with VorpX.

Ralf, release the kraken! And don’t forget that “substantial early bird discount” :P

trioptimum
    Participant

I’d be in on this. Good way to secure the early bird discount ;) and get some testers before going public.

jasonatokc
    Participant

I would also be willing to pay for alpha / beta take my money too.

MrGeddings
    Participant

yeah seriously just release the beta already other devs now are doing the whole early access thing why cant you? Its just a little frustrating that you still have “no idea” more or less when you will release it. Some timeline or something would be nice….. well just hope we dont have to wait another two months lol…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!